Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation (BSTDC) was established in the year 1980 for the development of tourism in the State of Bihar and for commercialization of Tourist Resources available with the State. To achieve this objective various tourist infrastructure like Tourist Bungalow, Cafeteria, Restaurant, Transportation facilities and Ropeway are provided at various tourists spots by Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation. BSTDC has taken major initiatives to show the potential of tourist places of Bihar to the World. This website is an effort to provide easy information to the tourists visiting Bihar. It aims to provide information related to important tourist places of Bihar State. The details of available facilities such as Accommodation, Transport, Tour Packages, Tourist Information Centers are available with the site.
Bihar's antiquity is evident from its name, which is derived from the ancient word "VIHARA" (monastery). It is indeed a land of monasteries. Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Muslim and Sikh shrines abound in this ancient land where India's first major empires rose and fell. Where the ruins of the worlds' earliest university slumbers in the void of time. The passage of Ganga, flowing wide and deep enrich the plains of Bihar before distributing in Bengal's deltoid zone. Among all Indian states, Bihar is the one most intimately linked to the Buddha's life, resulting in a trail of pilgrimages which have come to be known as the Buddhist circuit. The Buddhist trail begins at the capital city, Patna, where a noteworthy museum contains a collection of Hindu and Buddhist sculptures as well as a terracotta urn said to contain the ashes of Lord Buddha. The Khuda Baksh Oriental Library has rare Muslim manuscripts including some from the University of Cordoba in Spain. 40 km away, Vaishali, was the site for the second Buddhist Council is the presence of ruins testify. 90 km south of Patna is Nalanda which translates as the place that confers the lotus (of spiritual knowledge). A monastic university flourished here from the 5th to the 11th century. It is said to have contained nine million books, with 2,000 teachers to impart knowledge to 10,000 students who came from all over the Buddhist world. Lord Buddha himself taught here and Hieun Tsang, the 7th century Chinese traveler, was a student. Ongoing excavations have uncovered temples, monasteries and lecture halls. Rajgir, â€˜the royal palaceâ€™, 12 km south, was the venue for the first Buddhist Council. The Buddha spent five years at Rajgir after having attained enlightenment, and many of the remains at Rajgir commemorate various incidents related to life of Buddha, the hill of Gridhrakuta being perhaps the most important, as this is where the Buddha delivered most of his sermons. Bodhgaya is the spot where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, with the Mahabodhi Temple marking the precise location. This landlocked state of Bihar is surrounded by Nepal, Bengal, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh and comprises four cultural regions-Bhojpur, Mithila and Magadha and Chotanagpur. Rivers Kosi and Gandak from the north and Sone from the south join the Ganga. In the fertile plains, rice, sugarcane, oilseeds, gram, maize, jute, barley and wheat are cultivated.
Bihar State Tourism Development Corporation
(A Govt.of Bihar Undertaking)
Bir Chand Patel Path,
Bihar. India. Phone: +91-612-2225411, Email:email@example.com http://bstdcbus.com
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Mahavir Vaatsalya Aspatal, L. C. T. Ghat, East of Sadaquat Ashram, Patna-800 001, Bihar Bihar and Jharkhand make a major chunk of the Hindi heartland of India. With a population of about 11 crores, the two states have a major burden of neonatal and mother patients. The existing few small neonatal and mother care treatment units are highly inadequate to cater increasing number of such patients. This area was lacking a comprehensive neonatal care centre for a long time where all the treatment facilities were not available under one roof.
3. PM to inaugurate and lay foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September via video conferencing. Out of these, four projects are related to water supply, two to sewerage treatment and one to riverfront development. The total cost of these projects is Rs 541 crore. The implementation of these projects has been undertaken by BUIDCO under Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar. Chief Minister of Bihar will also be pr
4. PM to dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September, via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Chief Minister of Bihar will also be present on the occasion.
5. Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali Bihar Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali
Ramchura is situated in Hajipur town in Vaishali district of Bihar. In ancient times Hajipur was known as Ukkacala . The Buddha is known to have taught only one discourse in at this place, the Cula Goplalaka Sutta, which you can find in The Middle Length Discourses. However Hajipur is also of interest because a portion of Ananda's ashes were enshrined in the town.
8. PM dedicates to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar today via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said the special package announced for Bihar a
9. Shaheed Smarak Patna The Martyr's Memorial, also known as Shaheed Smarak, is a life-size statue of seven young men who sacrificed their lives in the Quit India movement (August 1942), to hoist the national flag on the (now) Secretariat building. The
12. Construction of Dams in Bihar Water Resources Projects are planned, funded, executed and maintained by the State Governments themselves as per their own resources and priorities. In order to supplement the efforts of the State Governments, Government of India provides technical and financial assistance to encourage sustainable development and efficient management of water resources through various schemes and programmes such as Accelerated Irrigation Benefits Programme (AIBP) etc. under Pradhan MantriKrishiSinchayeeYojana (PMKSY) as
13. Katyayani Mandir, Khagaria, Bihar Katyayani Mandir, Khagaria, Bihar
Katyayani Asthan is situated at distance of approximately 12 kms. From the Districtheadquaters, on the bank of river Koshi, between the stations Badlaghat and Dhamaraghat , which are stations on Mansi-Saharsa rail line. Temples of Ma Katyayani , as well as of Ram, Lakshman and Ma Janaki is situated at this place. Every Monday and Friday , large number of devotees come to this place for offering puja. As per the local folk traditions, Ma Katya
14. Power Minister Shri R K Singh inaugurates developmental projects of NTPC in Bihar Shri R.K. Singh, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, today, inaugurated various developmental projects and facilities in Bihar. As a responsible corporate, NTPC, country’s largest power producer, is fulfilling its corporate social responsibility by creating an infrastructure for the benefit of the people of Bihar.
17. List of constituencies of the Bihar Legislative Assembly Bihar Legislative Assembly came into existence in 1937. The Assembly had a strength of 155 members. According to the provisions of the Constitution of India, the first General Elections in the state were held in 1952. The total strength of membership in the As
18. Tourist Places in Muzaffarpur, Bihar Tourist Places in Muzaffarpur, Bihar
AShok Pillar At Kolhua
Location : Lat. 260 00’ 51” N ; Long. 870 06’ 32” E
District : Muzaffarpur
State : Bihar
Excavation years : 1989-1990, 1992-93, 2010-11
Kolhua is situated about 65 kms north-west of Patna in Muzaffarpur district, where Mauryan emperor Ashoka, ‘the great’ had erected monolithic, polished sandstone pillar, consisting of a
19. Union Power Minister inaugurates projects worth Rs 6.99 Crore in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar Shri. R K Singh, the Union Minister of State (IC) for Power & New and Renewable Energy inaugurated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 6.99 Crore, in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar, through video conferencing yesterday. There were a total of 77 schemes, which included 36 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 23 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 Chat ghaat, Construction of 3 community hall &am
23. Ongoing Railway Projects in Bihar Railway projects are sanctioned Zonal Railway wise and not State-wise as Indian Railways’ network straddles across various State boundaries. However, as on 01.04.2020, 57 projects (35 new lines, 05 gauge conversions and 17 doublings), costing ₹74,880 crore, covering a length of 5267 Km, falling fully/partly in the State of Bihar are in different stages of planning/approval/execution, out of which 1306 Km length has been commissioned and an expenditure of ₹22,123 crore has been incurred upto Mar
24. Tourist Place in West Champaran, Bihar Tourist Place in West Champaran, Bihar
VALMIKINAGAR: – Formally known as BHAINSA LOTAN, it is a famous tourist spot where a dam is built on the river Gandak (Gandak Project). This dam and its channels are the lifeline of north-western part of Bihar. This channel also irrigates some portions of eastern U.P. This dam is also generating hydro-electricity. This dam has been handed over to the nation by late Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the then Prime Minister. F
25. Prime Minister dedicates the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation and inaugurated new Rail Lines and Electrification Projects in Bihar for the benefit of passengers through video conference.
Speaking on the occasion, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi said a new history has been created in the field of rail connectivity in Bihar. He said projects worth about Rs 3000 crore like inauguration of Kosi Mahasetu and Kiul Bridge, electrification projects, promotion of Make i
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs14 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
29 Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in NPCIL GHAVP Unit 2021#Jobs3 Days Remaining for Apply Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (GHAVP) under Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is planning for recruitment of the following Government Jobs of Staff through Online application in the prescribed format in NPCIL GHAVP at district Fatehabad (Haryana). (Advertisement No: NPCIL/GHAVP/HR/RECTT/2021/01)
NPCIL Haryana GHAVP Unit Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2021
30 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
31 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs7 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
33 MMMOCL Permanent Job Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Jobs17 Days Remaining for Apply Maha Mumbai Metro (M3) Operation Corporation Ltd. (MMMOCL) intends to appoint qualified and experienced Engineering professionals for the following 127 Government Job Vacancy posts of Permanent Job Vacancy posts on prescribed format in Maha Mumbai Metro Operation Corporation Limited.
MMMOCL Permanent Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Assistant Manager (P/Way): 01 vacancies
Station Manager: 03 vacancies
35 Apex Bank Officer Grade Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank9 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (M.P. State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 29 Posts of Officers Grade (Specialists) for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Specialist Officer Grade Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Apex Bank Officer Grade : 29 vacancies in SM-I/SM-II/MM-I/MM-II ...
36 Apex Bank Cadre Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank16 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (Madhya Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 75 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy Posts of Cadre Officers for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Cadre Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Chief Executive Officer (General Manager) Class-I : 12 ...
38 Recruitment of Junior Engineer Trainee Civil Vacancy in UPPCL 2021#Uttar Pradesh32 Days Remaining for Apply Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd (UPPCL) invites online application on prescribed format from eligible Indian Nationals for direct recruitment to the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Junior Engineer (Trainee - Civil Engineering) for various offices (DISCOMS/TRASCO) of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (UPPCL) (Advt. No. 01/VSA/2021/JE/Civil).
This vacancy of Junior Engineer (Trainee) Civil 2021 in UPPCL is suitable for those who have a Diploma in Engineering in t ...