1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (Ans : B)
4. Which Zone is the largest in Indian Railways?
(A) Central Railway (B) Northern Railway
(C) Eastern Railway (D) Western Railway (Ans : C)
5. The railway station situated in the extreme south is–
(A) Chennai (B) Cochin (C) Kanyakumari (D) Trivandrum (Ans : C)
6. A platform surrounded by rail lines from all the four sides, is called–
(A) dock platform (B) passenger platform
(C) island platform (D) goods platform (Ans : C)
7. When was the nationalization of Indian Railways done?
(A) 1952 (B) 1950 (C) 1951 (D) 1954 (Ans : B)
8. In which year Research, Design and Standard organization was established?
(A) 1954 (B) 1957 (C) 1959 (D) 1967 (Ans : B)
9. Railway Staff College is situated at–
(A) Bangalore (B) Secundrabad (C) Chennai (D) Vadodara (Ans : D)
10. Where is the Research, Design and Standard Organisation situated?
(A) Lucknow (B) Bangalore (C) Pune (D) New Delhi (Ans : A)
11. Which is the following pairs of regional Railways and their headquarters not true?
(A) South-Central Railway - Secunderabad
(B) Central railway - Bhopal
(C) South Railway - Chennai
(D) North Railway - New Delhi (Ans : B)
12. Between which of the destinations the first Indian train was started?
(A) From Calcutta to Delhi (B) From Mumbai to Thane
(C) From Mumbai to Surat (D) From Mumbai to Madras (Ans : B)
13. When was the first train in Indian started?
(A) 1851 (B) 1852 (C) 1853 (D) 1854 (Ans : C)
14. In which Governor-General’s reign railway lines in India were established?
(A) Lord William Bentick (B) Lord Cornwallis
(C) Lord Kenning (D) Lord Dalhousie (Ans : D)
15. A station where the rail lines end, is called
(A) junction station (B) way-side-station
(C) block station (D) terminal station (Ans : D)
16. How much distance was traveled by first train of India?
(A) 33 km (B) 36 km (C) 34 km (D) 46 km (Ans : C)
17. What is the position of the Indian Railway in the world according to the length of rail lines?
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth (Ans : D)
18. What is the length of North-Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR)?
(A) 4300 Km (B) 3700 Km (C) 4290 km (D) 5298 km (Ans : B)
19. The headquarters of North-Eastern railway is situated at–
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Guwahati (C) Gorakhpur (D) New Delhi (Ans : C)
20. When was the North-Eastern frontier Railway (NEFR) established?
(A) 15th Jan, 1958 (B) 15th Jan, 1955
(C) 2nd Jan, 1956 (D) 14th April, 1952 (Ans : A)
21. The headquarters of North -Eastern Frontier Railway (NEFR) is–
(A) Calcutta (B) Maligaon (Guwahati)
(C) Chennai (D) Gorakhpur (Ans : B)
22. In which of the following cities, the first sub-way train was started?
(A) Mumbai (B) Delhi (C) Calcutta (D) Chennai (Ans : C)
23. General Manger is responsible for–
(A) Railway Board (B) Railway Ministry
(C) Both railway Board and Railway Ministry (D) None of these (Ans : A)
24. The headquarters of South-Central Railways is situated at–
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Chennai
(C) Secundrabad (D) Mumbai (Central) (Ans : C)
25. The headquarters of Northern Railway is at–
(A) New Delhi (B) Guwahati (C) Gorakhpur (D) Mumbai (V.T) (Ans : A)
26. The headquarters of South Railways is situated at–
(A) Calcutta (B) Chennai (C) Delhi (D) Mumbai (Ans : B)
27. In which institution the training of electric work is being given?
(A) Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
(B) Indian Railways Institute of Electrical Engineering
(C) Railway Staff College
(D) Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering (Ans : B)
28. Who invented the railway engine?
(A) Charles Babbage (B) Isaac Newton
(C) James Watt (D) George Stephenson (Ans : D)
29. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Insttitue situated?
(A) Nasik (B) Baroda (C) Jamalpur (D) Pune (Ans : C)
30. Metro Railway is functioning in which of the following Indian States?
(A) Gujarat (B) Maharashtra (C) West Bengal (D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : C)
31.The zone with the minimum length is
(A) North-Eastern Railway (B) North-Eastern Frontier Railway
(C) South-East Railway (D) South-Central Railway (Ans : B)
32. Where is the Indian Railways Institute of Civil Engineering Institute situated?
(A) Pune (B) Chennai (C) Nasik (D) Sikandrabad (Ans : A)
33. How many training institutions of Railways are in India?
(A) Three (B) Four (C) Five (D) Six (Ans : C)
34. What is the position of the Indian Railway under the zonal system?
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Forth (Ans : B)
35. Which of the gauges is used in the hilly areas?
(A) Broad gauge (B) Meter gauge
(C) Narrow gauge (D) Special gauge (Ans : C)
36. Where is the extreme north of India a railway station?
(A) Jammutavi (B) Amritsar (C) Pathancoat (D) Guwahat
37. How many institutions do give suggestions for railways technology?
(A) One (B) Two (C) Three (D) Four (Ans : B)
38. Diesel Locomotive Works is situated at–
(A) Perambur (B) Varanasi (C) Kapurthala (D) Bangalore (Ans : B)
39. The manufacturing of steam engine in Chittranjan Locomotive Works was stopped in–
(A) 1974 (B) 1961 (C) 1971 (D) 1973 (Ans : C)
40. The passenger bogies of the Indian Railways are manufactured at which of the following places?
(A) Kapurthala (B) Chittranjan (C) Perambur (D) Bangalore (Ans : C)
41. Indian Railways which is the largest of the Public Sector Enterprises, is divided in how many regions?
(A) 7(B) 9 (C) 8(D) 10 (Ans : B)
42. Besides Mahrashtra, Karnataka and Goa, which of the following is the fourth State for Konakan Railway Project?
(A) Kerala (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Gujarat (D) Andhra Pradesh (Ans : A)
43. Palace On Wheels train was inaugurated in which year?
(A) 1988 (B) 1972 (C) 1982 (D) 1965 (Ans : C)
44. When was the Central Railway established?
(A) 5th Nov 1951 (B) 14th Nov 1951 (C) 14th April 1951 (D) 16th August, 1951 (Ans : A)
45. Rajasthan is under which of the following railway zones?
(A) Northern region (B) Western region
(C) North-Western region (D) Central Region (Ans : B)
46. The largest national enterprise of India is–
(A) Indian Railway (B) Indian Shipyard
(C) Airways (D) None of these (Ans : A)
47. The first locomotive which was manufactured in Chittaranjan on–
(A) November 1950 (B) October 1950
(C) September 1949 (D) October 1954 (Ans : A)
48. Where is the wheel and axle plant of Indian Railways situated?
(A) Chittranjan (B) Kapurthala (C) Bangalore (D) Perambur
49. When was the Jammu City appeared on the map of Indian Railway?
(A) 1965 (B) 1963 (C) 1967 (D) 1965 (Ans : D)
50. Where is the headquarters of Central Railway situated?
(A) Mumbai (V.T) (B) Mumbai (Church Gate)
(C) Gwalior (D) Gorakhpur (Ans : A)
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
2. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
3. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
4. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
5. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
6. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
7. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
8. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
9. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
10. Amazing Facts about the Human Body Amazing Facts about the Human Body
1. A Human baby has over 300 bones (60 more than adults). With the passage of time some bones get dissolved inside and some get joined with others.
2. At the point when a pregnant lady endures organ harm, (for example, a heart assault), the hatchling sends undeveloped cells to the harmed organ to help repair it. Furthermore ladies who have beforehand been pregnant show neurological insurance against specific infections.
11. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
12. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
13. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
14. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
15. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
16. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
17. AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS
Bharat Ratna: It is the highest civilian award of the India. The award was given for outstanding achievements in the arts, literature, science and public services but the government expanded the criteria to include "any field of human endeavor". The number of annual awards is restricted to a maximum of three in a particular year.
Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize is widely regarde
19. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
20. Indian Railway at a Glance Indian Railway at a Glance
1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
22. Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860 Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860
1. Which one of the following is not essential for an offence?
(A) Intention (B) Motive (C) Prohibited act (D) Punishment for act (Ans : B)
2. In which of the following mens rea has been considered to be an essential element of an offence?
(A) Srinivasmal Barolia Vs. Emperor (B) R. Vs. Tolsen
(C) Nathulal Vs. State of Madhya Pradesh (D) All of the above (
24. Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014) Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014)
1. Identify the mismatched pair in national Sports award
Ans : Dharmender Dalal - Dhyan Chand
2.The capital of world youngest nation south sudan is
Ans : Juba
3.which country recently decided to implement Nitaqat law?
Ans : Saudi Arabia
4.The Lokpal and Lokayuktas bill 2013 got the President of india ascent
25. Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017) Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017)
1. Which is not the objective of scrapping the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes?
(a) To abolish black money
(b) To eliminate corruption
(c) To accelerate the economic growth
(d) None of the above
(Ans : c)
2. Which sector has more growth rate to accelerate the industrial growth of India in 2015-16?
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
29 Recruitment of Probationary Officers in ECGC Ltd. 2021#Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply ECGC Limited invites online applications in the prescribed format for the recruitment for Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Probationary Officers (PO) from Indian citizens in various specialist/ generalist disciplines.
ECGC limited Probationary officer Recruitment 2021
ECGC Probationary Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Probationary Officers: 59 vacancies (UR-25, EWS-05, OBC-16, SC-09, ST-04) (PWD-04), Pay Scale: ₹32795-62315 (Under revision since 2017), A ...
30 Police Constable Vacancy Recruitment by Haryana SSC Advt. No. 4/2020#Haryana21 Days Remaining for Apply Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC/HRYSSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Constables (Male/Female) in Group-C in Haryana Police. (Advt. No. 4/2020)
Haryana SSC Police Constable Recruitment Advt. No. 4/2020
Haryana SSC Police Constable Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Male Constable (General Duty): 5500 vacancies
31 IBPS IT Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 2021 #Bank19 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body, has been authorised by the IBA, invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for selection of personnel to the following Information Technology (IT) Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts in IBPS.
IBPS IT Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Windows: 01 vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Frontend: 02 vacancies
32 Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2021#Rajasthan27 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Vidhi Rachanakar (विधि रचनाकार) for Rajasthan Law and Legal Affairs Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 07/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The details of RPSC Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment 2021 are given below. ...
33 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
34 Recruitment for Regular and Fixed Job vacancy in HIL India Limited 2021#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply HIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Hindustan Insecticides Limited), a Govt. of India Enterprise, under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, invites application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri job vacancy posts on a Regular and Fixed Tenure basis for the year 2021.
HIL India Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Finance Manager: 02 vacancies in E-4 cadre on a r ...
35 Apex Bank Officer Grade Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank11 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (M.P. State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 29 Posts of Officers Grade (Specialists) for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Specialist Officer Grade Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Apex Bank Officer Grade : 29 vacancies in SM-I/SM-II/MM-I/MM-II ...
36 Recruitment for Law Clerks Trainee in Uttarakhand High Court 2021#Uttarakhand11 Days Remaining for Apply Applications in the prescribed format are invited from all eligible candidates for the post of ‘Law Clerks (Trainee)’ purely on contractual basis for a fixed tenure of one year (may be extended) in the establishment of High Court of Uttarakhand at Nainital. (Advertisement No. 01/Law Clerks (Trainee)/2021)
Uttarakhand High Court Law Clerks Trainee Recruitment 2021
Law Clerks Trainee : 10 vacancies, Pay : ₹35000/- per month consolidated, Qualification ...
37 Apex Bank Cadre Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2021#Bank18 Days Remaining for Apply M.P. Rajya Sahakari Bank Maryadit (Apex bank - MPRSB) (Madhya Pradesh State Cooperative Bank Limited) having headquartered at Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh) invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for recruitment and appointment to the following 75 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy Posts of Cadre Officers for the year 2021 in Apex Bank.
Apex Bank Cadre Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Chief Executive Officer (General Manager) Class-I : 12 ...