Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya (KGBV) is a scheme launched in July 2004, for setting up residential schools at upper primary level for girls belonging predominantly to the SC, ST, OBC and minority communities. The scheme is being implemented in educationally backward blocks of the country where the female rural literacy is below the national average and gender gap in literacy is above the national average. The scheme provides for a minimum reservation of 75% of the seats for girls belonging to SC, ST, OBC or minority communities and priority for the remaining 25%, is accorded to girls from families below poverty line.
The scheme is being implemented in 27 States/UTs namely: Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Delhi, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand and West Bengal. 2578 KGBVs were sanctioned by Government of India till date. Of these, 427 KGBVs have been sanctioned in Muslim concentration blocks, 612 in ST blocks, 688 in SC blocks. As on 31st January, 2009, 2423 KGBVs are reported to be functional (i.e. 94%) in the States and 1,90,404 girls enrolled in them (50,630 SC girls (27%); 58,682 ST girls (31%); 50,161 OBC girls (26%); 18,206 BPL girls (9%); 12,725 Minority girls (7%). Out of the total 2578 sanctioned KGBVs, 547 KGBVs have been constructed + 1262 are in progress and 769 have not been started. The Kasturba Gandhi Balika Vidyalaya scheme is merged with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan in the XIth Plan with effect from 1st April, 2007.
National Evaluation of KGBV
The National Evaluation of the KGBV scheme was undertaken between 29th January to 20th February 2008 in 12 States of Gujarat, Jharkhand, Bihar, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh and Orissa, with 12 independent experts in girls education and another joint Evaluation of NPEGEL & KGBV scheme was also undertaken between 19th November to 14th December, 2007 in States of Assam, Manipur, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Haryana, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Meghalaya, West Bengal, Mizoram, Tripura and Dadar & Nagar Haveli.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Jeevan Pramaan. Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners Jeevan Pramaan. Digital Life Certificate for Pensioners
Jeevan Pramaan is a biometric enabled digital service for pensioners. Pensioners of Central Government, State Government or any other Government organization can take benefit of this facility.
More than One Crore families in India can be classified as pensioner families, where the pension disbursed by the various government bodies forms the basis for their income and sustainability. There are about Fifty L
2. Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF)
In pursuance of an appeal by the then Prime Minister, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru in January, 1948, the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund (PMNRF) was established with public contributions to assist displaced persons from Pakistan. The resources of the PMNRF are now utilized primarily to render immediate relief to families of those killed in natural calamities like floods, cyclones and earthquakes, etc. and to the victims of
4. Urea is being provided to farmers at a statutory notified Maximum Retail Price :Shri Gowda The Minister of Chemicals & Fertilizers Shri DV Sadananda Gowda has informed the Rajya Sabha in a written reply today that Government of India has notified fertilizer as an essential commodity under the Essential Commodities Act, 1955(ECA) and notified Fertilizer (Control) Order (FCO), 1985 & Fertilizer (Movement Control) Order, 1973 under the EC Act. He added that State Governments have been adequately empowered to ensure selling of fertilizers at notified MRP besides stopping black
5. Amendments in Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 The Government of India has amended the Public Procurement (Preference to Make in India) Order, 2017 on 16.09.2020, enabling nodal Ministries/ Departments to notify higher minimum local content requirement for Class-I & Class-II local suppliers which was earlier fixed at 50% and 20% respectively.
As per the Order, entities of countries which do not allow Indian companies to participate in their Government procurement for any item, shall not be allowed to participate in Government p
6. Benefits of Agricultural Schemes to Farmers Agriculture is a State Subject. Government of India facilitates the State Governments through many Centrally Sponsored and Central Sector Schemes to increase production, to reduce cost of cultivation like Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY), Soil Health Card Scheme, Sub Mission on Agricultural Mechanisation etc.
A statement showing the amount of budget allocated and amount spent thereon during the last five years is as under:
7. E-Gram Swaraj Portal With a vision to strengthen digitalization in Panchayats for the purpose of empowering rural India, a unified tool e-Gram SWARAJ portal (https://egramswaraj.gov.in/) has been developed by the Ministry for effective monitoring and evaluation of works taken up in the Gram Panchayats.
e-Gram SWARAJ unifies the planning, accounting and monitoring functions of Gram Panchayats. It’s combination with the Area Profiler application, Local Government Directory (LGD) and the Public Financial Managem
8. Make In India Scheme Targets for production of indigenous defence equipment are decided based on requirements of the Armed Forces. Procurement of defence equipment is undertaken from various domestic as well as foreign vendors, based on threat perception, operational challenges and technological changes and to keep the Armed Forces in a state of readiness to meet the entire spectrum of security challenges.
‘Make in India’ is implemented in defence sector through various policy initiatives which promotes
9. Relief Package for Unemployed Labourers The global spread of the corona virus (COVID-19) pandemic followed by lockdowns has affected global economies including India. Covid-19 has resulted in large number of migrant workers going back to their native places. In order to mitigate the adverse impact of COVID-19. Government of India has announced an economic package of Rs. 20 Lakh Crore. Aatmanirbhar Bharat which focuses on Economy, Infrastructure, System, Vibrant Demography and Demand to create jobs for the youth has also been launched.
11. MISSION KARMAYOGI The National Programme for Civil Services Capacity Building (‘NPCSCB’) – “Mission Karmayogi” has been launched with the objective of enhancing governance through Civil Service Capacity Building.Mission Karmayogi will have the following six pillars:-
(i) Policy Framework,
(ii) Institutional Framework,
12. 107 Cities Registered For India Cycles 4 change Challenge Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has launched the India Cycles4Change Challenge on 25th June, 2020. The Challenge is open to all Indian cities with population above 5 lakhs, capital cities of States/Union Territories (UTs) and Smart Cities.
As on 17th September, 2020, 107 cities have registered for the Challenge. A State-wise list of cities registered for the Challenge is given below. At present, participating cities are undertaking pilot projects, citizen surveys and participating in capa
13. Development in MSME Sector As a measure to help the MSMEs grow, the Government, vide notification no.S.O. 2119 (E) dated 26.06.2020, has notified composite criteria of classification of MSMEs based on investment in plant and machinery or equipment and turnover of the enterprise. The new criteria is effective from 1.7.2020. However, to provide hassle free transition from old system of Udyog Aadhaar Memorandum to Udyam Registration, 31.03.2021 has been fixed as deadline. The New criteria provides that the turnover with respect to ex
14. Government to set up Medical Devices Park in Kerala Kerala will soon house one of the first medical device parks in the country, focusing on the high-risk medical device sector to provide full range of services for the medical devices industry like R&D support, testing, and evaluation.
MedSpark, the medical devices park envisaged as a joint initiative of Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences & Technology (SCTIMST), an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, and the Kerala
16. Success Rate of E-NAM Agriculture Marketing being a state subject, wholesale marketing of agriculture produce is generally carried out through a network of regulated Agriculture Produce Market Committee (APMC) markets promoted by respective Government of State/ Union Territories (UTs) under their respective State/UT APMC Act. Central Government plays a supportive role in agricultural marketing. Small and Marginal farmers sometime face difficulty in direct access to markets due to varied reasons like small amount of marketable
17. Beneficial Cropping Patterns The cropping pattern is dependent on various factors viz. agro-climatic conditions of the region, availability of resources, market forces, socio-economic conditions of the farmers, demand and supply of agricultural produce etc. Accordingly, Government of India has been emphasizing promotion of various crops/cropping system viz. rice, wheat, pulses, coarse cereals, nutri cereals& commercial crops under National Food Security Mission (NFSM), oilseeds under NFSM-Oilseeds, horticultural crops under Miss
18. Use of Chemicals and Pesticides for Ripening of Fruits As per the information provided by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; sub-regulation 2.3.5 of Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restriction on Sales) Regulations, 2011 is related to “Prohibition of use of Calcium Carbide in ripening of fruits”. According to this sub regulation, “No person shall sell or offer or expose for sale or have in his premises for the purpose of sale under any description, fruits which have be
19. Funds to Boost Agriculture Exports As a part of implementation of the Agriculture Export Policy, a number of States have finalized their respective Action Plans identifying various infrastructure gaps affecting agricultural exports. To address these gaps, the States can avail assistance under the Trade Infrastructure for Export Scheme (TIES) of Department of Commerce and under various existing Schemes of Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare; Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying; Ministry of Food Processing Indus
20. Shifting of Base to India by MNCs Several multinational companies have evinced their interest to shift their base into India across different States in sectors such as Electronics, Retail, e-Commerce, Automotive, Food Processing, Textiles etc. However, due to sensitivity of information maintained by the companies, the reasons for relocation of operations are not explicitly spelt out. It has been seen that FDI inflows usually helps in augmenting domestic capital and promote employment opportunities across sectors. The FD
22. Rise in Price of Essential Food Items Monthly Average of retail prices in respect of 22 essential commodities monitored by Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) from March 2020 to August 2020 indicating the increase in retail prices is as follows-
Department of Consumer Affairs (Price Monitoring Division)
23. Hallmarking of precious metals In view of the Mandatory Hallmarking, the number of jewellers and hallmarking centres applying for Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) certificate will increase manifold and to deal with increasing number of applications, an online system for issuing BIS certificate has been developed by BIS and launched by the Government on 21.08.2020. The online system enables the jewellers to submit the application for registration and fees online. In this system there will be no human interface in processing the applica
24. Job Cards to Migrant Labourers and Employed Workers Mahatma Gandhi NREGS is a demand driven wage employment scheme. Every adult member of a household in a rural area, having job card (as per Mahatma Gandhi NREG Act), is eligible for a demand for a job under the scheme. There is no provision to register a Job card holder categorised as migrant labourers/ family in the job card in the scheme. A job card can be issued to a migrant labour/family as per the provision of the Act against a demand by the migrant labour/family. A total of 86,81,928 new job card du
25. Various schemes to bridge the demand-supply gap of skilled workers The Government is implementing various sector/group specific schemes for bridging the gap between demand and supply of skilled workers. Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has been implementing the following schemes/programmesnamely:
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY) imparts short term skill training to youth and recognition of prior learning of informally trained labour in National Skilled Qualification Framework (NSQF) aligned qualifications through the involvem
26 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching33 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
28 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research7 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
30 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
31 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC17 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
32 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research5 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
33 Himachal PSC Principal Officer Recruitment 2020 #Himachal Pradesh6 Days Remaining for Apply Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) are invited by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Public Service Commission (PSC) from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the following Government Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancies of Principal (B.Pharma), Planning Officer, and Veterinary Officer Vacancy under various Departments, Himachal Pradesh (Advertisement No. 07/10-/2020, 09/10-2020 and 10/10-2020).
34 Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in Gujarat Vidyapith 2020#Gujarat7 Days Remaining for Apply Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in Gujarat Vidyapith 2020
Gujarat Vidyapith is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed Non-Teaching Staff who believe in institution building. Online application on prescribed format is invited from the eligible and suitable person for direct recruitment/deputation/tenure basis for various Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Employees category Government Job Vacancies on a regular basis through open competition on all India basis. ...
35 UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020#Uttar Pradesh5 Days Remaining for Apply UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020
Online applications on the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Regional Inspector (Technical) (सम्भागीय निरीक्षक (प्राविधिक)) under Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020 for Transport Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A- ...
38 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
47 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand13 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
48 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank6 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...
49 Recruitment of Engineers (Civil/Electrical) in NBCC 2020#Engineering17 Days Remaining for Apply NBCC (India) Limited invites online applications for Government Job vacancy of Engineers (Civil) and Engineers (Electrical) on a contract basis for a period of two years from dynamic and result oriented professionals who are passionate to excel & take NBCC to new heights through this Recruitment of Engineers (Civil/Electrical) in NBCC. (Advt. No. 04/2020)
NBCC Engineer Civil/Ele ...