1. Which of the following is not a part of India's Money Market ?
(A) Bill Markets (B) Call Money Market (C) Banks (D) Indian Gold Council (Ans : D)
2. Which of the following States introduced a high-tech foodgrain rationing system to ensure timely supply of the foodgrains to people living below poverty line ?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Tamil Nadu (C) Delhi (D) Karnataka (Ans : D)
3. Barack Hussain Obama belongs to which of the following political parties ?
(A) Republican (B) Democratic (C) Labour
(D) American National Congress (Ans : B)
4. Which of the following State Governments had announced that it would provide a special package of incentives to Employment Intensive Industries?
(A) Punjab (B) Karna taka (C) Bihar
(D) Uttar Pradesh (Ans : C)
5. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Exile” ?
(A) B. G. Verghese (B) Philip Roth (C) Aravind Adiga
(D) Navtej Saran (Ans : D)
6. Which of the following is not a fertilizer product ?
(A) Urea (B) Murate of Potash (C) Di Ammonium Phosphate
(D) Calcium Carbonate (Ans : D)
7. Which of the following programmes is being implemented in all the districts of the country ?
(A) Sarva Siksha Abhiyan (B) Navodaya Vidyalay (C) Ultra Mega Power Project
(D) None of 'these (Ans : D)
8. The Government of India decided to provide a bonus price of Rs. 50 per quintal on which of the following products over and above its minimum support price of Rs. 850 per quintal?
(A) Wheat (B) Paddy (C) Sugarcane
(D) Cotton (Ans : B)
9. Which of the following services is not provided by the post offices in India?
(A) Savings Bank Scheme (B) Retailing of Mutual Funds (C) Sale of Stamp Papers (Judicial)
(D) Issuance of Demand Drafts (Ans : B)
10. Which of the following diseases is not covered under Integrated Disease Surveillance project ?
(A) Cholera (B) Tuberculosis (C) AIDS
(D) Polio (Ans : A)
11. Who amongst the following is the author of the book “The Namesake” ?
(A) Vikram Seth (B) V. S. Naipaul (C) Arun Bhagat
(D) Jhumpa Lahiri (Ans : D)
12. Dronacharya Award is given for excellence in–
(A) Literary work (B) Social service (C) Coaching in sports
(D) Journalism (Ans : C)
13. India's Space Rocket Launching Centre is in–
(A) Port Blair (B) Hassan (C) Tirupati
(D) Sriharikota (Ans : D)
14. Besides USA, India has signed Nuclear Agreement with which of the following countries and is named as “Cooperation Agreement for Peaceful Uses, of Nuclear Energy” ?
(A) Italy (B) Germany (C) France
(D) Canada (Ans : C)
15. 'Merdeka Cup' is associated with the game of–
(A) Badminton (B) Football (C) Hockey
(D) Golf (Ans : B)
16. World Ozone Day is observed on–
(A) 16th September (B) 16th October (C) 16th November
(D) 26th September (Ans : A)
17. Which of the following is not a Government-sponsored organisation?
(A) Small Industries Development Bank of India (B) NABARD
(C) National Housing Bank (D) ICICI Bank
(Ans : D)
18. Who amongst the following is the author of the novel “The White Tiger” ?
(A) Jhumpa Lahiri (B) Steve Waugh (C) Aravind Adiga
(D) Paul Krugman (Ans : C)
19. Which of the following is the correct description of the Capital Market? Capital Market comprises
(A) Stock Markets and Bond Markets (B) Banks and Insurance Companies
(C) RBI and Nationalised Banks (D) Stock Markets and Banks
(Ans : A)
20. Which of the following organisations has provided a USS 150 million loan to overhaul the Khadi and Village Industry in India?
(A) World Bank (B) International Monetary Fund (C) Asian Development Bank
(D) European Union (Ans : C)
21. Which of the following countries is not the member of IBSA ?
(A) India (B) Bangladesh (C) South Africa
(D) Brazil (Ans : B)
22. Which of the followings countries is not the member of the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG) ?
(A) Russia (B) USA (C) France
(D) Iran (Ans : D)
23. Which of the following terms is used in the game of Lawn Tennis?
(A) Double Fault (B) Half Nelson (C) Cox
(D) Crease (Ans : A)
24. Who amongst the following was the first Prime Minister of Nepal after it had got the status of the democratic republic nation?
(A) Ram Baran Yadav (B) Subhash Nembang
(C) G. P. Koirala (D) Pushpa Kamal Dahal (prachanda)
(Ans : D)
25. 'Agha Khan Cup' is associated with the game of–
(A) Cricket (B) Football (C) Lawn Tennis
(D) Hockey (Ans : D)
26. Which of the following organisations was specially established to operate in Gramin areas by design itself?
(A) Commercial Banks (B) Central Financial Institutes (C) Private Banks
(D) Regional Rural Banks (Ans : D)
27. Who amongst the following is the author of the book (novel) “Infinite Jest?
(A) Quentin Bryce (B) Aravind Adiga (C) Paul Newman
(D) David Foster Wallace (Ans : D)
28. India has purchased Harpoon II Missiles from which of the following countries?
(A) Italy (B) China (C) France
(D) USA (Ans : D)
29. Which of the following is not one of the Millennium Goals set by U.N.O. ?
(A) Achieve Universal Primary Education (B) Improve Computer Literacy
(C) Combat HIV / AIDS (D) Environmental sustainability (Ans : B)
30. Which of the following States introduced “One Kg. Rice for Rupee One” scheme, the first of its kind in the country?
(A) West Bengal (B) Odisha (C) Bihar
(D) Tamil Nadu (Ans : D)
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. What is Mission Karmayogi? Dubbed as the biggest bureaucratic reform initiative, the Union Cabinet Wednesday approved ‘Mission Karmayogi’, a new capacity-building scheme for civil servants aimed at upgrading the post-recruitment training mechanism of the officers and employees at all levels.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said this exercise will “radically” improve the government’s human resource management practices and asserted it will use state-of-the-art infrastructure to
2. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
3. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
4. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
5. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
6. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
7. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
8. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
9. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
10. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
11. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
12. POWER PLANTS IN INDIA POWER PLANTS IN INDIA
Nuclear power in India
Nuclear power is the fourth-largest source of electricity in India after thermal, hydroelectric and renewable sources of electricity. As of 2012, India has 20 nuclear reactors in operation in six nuclear power plants, generating 4,780 MW while seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 MW. In October 2010, India drew up "an
13. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
14. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
15. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
16. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
17. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
18. Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860 Objective Questions on Indian Penal Code 1860
1. Which one of the following is not essential for an offence?
(A) Intention (B) Motive (C) Prohibited act (D) Punishment for act (Ans : B)
2. In which of the following mens rea has been considered to be an essential element of an offence?
(A) Srinivasmal Barolia Vs. Emperor (B) R. Vs. Tolsen
(C) Nathulal Vs. State of Madhya Pradesh (D) All of the above (
19. Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017) Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017)
1. Which is not the objective of scrapping the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes?
(a) To abolish black money
(b) To eliminate corruption
(c) To accelerate the economic growth
(d) None of the above
(Ans : c)
2. Which sector has more growth rate to accelerate the industrial growth of India in 2015-16?
20. RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER
1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (A
21. Indian Railway at a Glance Indian Railway at a Glance
1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
22. INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is an organisation of South Asian nations, which was established on 8 December 1985 when the government of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka formally adopted its charter providing for the promotion of economic and social progress, cultural development within the South Asia region and also for fri
23. Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014) Punjab Circle Postal Assistant Examination General Awareness Solved Paper (Exam held on 18.05.2014)
1. Identify the mismatched pair in national Sports award
Ans : Dharmender Dalal - Dhyan Chand
2.The capital of world youngest nation south sudan is
Ans : Juba
3.which country recently decided to implement Nitaqat law?
Ans : Saudi Arabia
4.The Lokpal and Lokayuktas bill 2013 got the President of india ascent
25. INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS INDIAN POLITY PRACTICE QUESTIONS FOR ALL COMPETITIVE EXAMS
1. Consider the following tasks:
1. Superintendence, direction and conduct of free and fair elections
2. Preparation of electoral rolls for all elections to the Parliament, State Legislatures and the Office of the President and the Vice-President.
3. Giving recognition to political parties and allotting election symbols to political parties and individuals contesting the election
27 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan7 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
29 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC4 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
36 Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020#Delhi25 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizen candidates for filling up of the following Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Sarkari Naukri Para-Medical (Non-Faculty) vacancy posts at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi and NCI Jhajjar (Haryana) (Advt. No. 1-17/2020-Estt-I(RCT)).
AIIMS Delhi Jhajjar Group A B C Job Vacancy Recruitment ...
40 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank15 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.
41 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC18 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...