1. Greenland – 2,130,800 sq miles (822,706 sq km) 2. New Guinea – 785,753 sq miles (303,381 sq km) 3. Borneo – 748,168 sq miles (288,869 sq km) 4. Madagascar – 587,713 sq miles (226,917 sq km) 5. Baffin Island – 507,451 sq miles (195,928 sq km) 6. Sumatra – 473,481 sq miles (184,954 sq km) 7. Honshu – 225,800 sq miles (87,182 sq km) 8. Victoria Island – 217,291 sq miles (83,897 sq km) 9. Great Britain – 209,331 sq miles (80,823 sq km) 10. Ellesmere Island – 196,236 sq miles (75,767 sq km)
11. Sulawesi – 180,681 sq miles (69,761 sq km)
12. South Island – 145,836 sq miles (56,308 sq km)
13. Java – 138,794 sq miles (53,589 sq km)
14. North Island – 111,583 sq miles (43,082 sq km)
15. Luzon – 109,965 sq miles (42,458 sq km)
16. Newfoundland – 108,860 sq miles (42,031 sq km)
17. Cuba (main island) – 104,556 sq miles (40,369 sq km)
18. Iceland (main island) – 101,826 sq miles (39,315 sq km)
19. Mindanao – 97,530 sq miles (36,657 sq km)
20. Ireland – 84,421 sq miles (32,595 sq km)
21. Hokkaido – 78,719 sq miles (30,394 sq km)
22. Hispaniola – 76,480 sq miles (29,530 sq km)
23. Sakhalin – 72,493 sq miles (27,989 sq km)
24. Banks Island – 70,028 sq miles (27,038 sq km)
25. Sri Lanka (main island) – 65,268 sq miles (25,200 sq km)
26. Tasmania – 64,519 sq miles (24,911 sq km)
27. Devon Island – 55,247 sq miles (21,331 sq km)
28. Alexander Island – 49,070 sq miles (18,946 sq km)
29. Isla Grande de Tierra del Fuego – 47,401 sq miles (18,302 sq km)
30. Severny Island (Novaya Zemlya, North) – 47,079 sq miles (18,177 sq km)
31. Berkner Island – 43,873 sq miles (16,939 sq km)
32. Axel Heiberg Island – 43,178 sq miles (16,671 sq km)
33. Melville Island – 42,149 sq miles (16,274 sq km)
34. Southampton Island – 41,214 sq miles (15,913 sq km)
35. Marajó – 40,100 sq miles (15,483 sq km)
36. Spitsbergen – 37,814 sq miles (14,600 sq km)
37. Kyūshū – 37,437 sq miles (14,455 sq km)
38. Taiwan (Formosa) – 35,883 sq miles (13,855 sq km)
39. New Britain – 35,145 sq miles (13,570 sq km)
40. Prince of Wales Island – 33,339 sq miles (12,872 sq km)
41. Yuzhny Island (Novaya Zemlya, South) – 33,246 sq miles (12,836 sq km)
42. Hainan – 33,210 sq miles (12,822 sq km)
43. Vancouver Island – 31,285 sq miles (12,079 sq km)
44. Timor – 28,418 sq miles (10,972 sq km)
45. Sicily – 25,662 sq miles (9,908 sq km)
46. Somerset Island – 24,786 sq miles (9,570 sq km)
47. Kotelny/Faddeyevsky Island – 24,000 sq miles (9,266 sq km)
48. Sardinia – 23,949 sq miles (9,247 sq km)
49. Bananal – 19,162 sq miles (7,400 sq km)
50. Shikoku – 18,545 sq miles (7,160 sq km)
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
2. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
3. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
4. Cane UP Enquiry Online for the Farmer Uttar Pradesh Government started the scheme which is known by the UP Ganna Parchi Online Calendar portal so that if the sugarcane farmer can take directly benefit from the www caneup in website. they can get all information regarding cane up slip, survey, reports, payment issue, and many more things.
Note: Uttar Pradesh has the largest area almost 50 percent of the cane area in the country, followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tam
5. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
6. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
7. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
8. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
9. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
10. Famous Volcanoes in the World Famous Volcanoes in the World
» Ojos dei Saldo
» Cameroon Mt.
11. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
12. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
13. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
14. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
15. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
16. POWER PLANTS IN INDIA POWER PLANTS IN INDIA
Nuclear power in India
Nuclear power is the fourth-largest source of electricity in India after thermal, hydroelectric and renewable sources of electricity. As of 2012, India has 20 nuclear reactors in operation in six nuclear power plants, generating 4,780 MW while seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 MW. In October 2010, India drew up "an
17. United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission created by the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) that monitors the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF uses international standards to monitor religious freedom violations globally, and makes policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and Congressional leaders of both political parties. T
18. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
19. Amazing Facts about the Human Body Amazing Facts about the Human Body
1. A Human baby has over 300 bones (60 more than adults). With the passage of time some bones get dissolved inside and some get joined with others.
2. At the point when a pregnant lady endures organ harm, (for example, a heart assault), the hatchling sends undeveloped cells to the harmed organ to help repair it. Furthermore ladies who have beforehand been pregnant show neurological insurance against specific infections.
20. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
22. List of World Heritage Sites in India List of World Heritage Sites in India
● Agra Fort (1983)
● Ajanta Caves (1983)
● Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi (1989)
● Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park (2004)
● Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (formerly Victoria Terminus) (2004)
● Churches and Convents of Goa (1986)
● Elephanta Caves (1987)
● Ellora Caves (1983)
● Fatehpur Sikri (1986)
● Great Living Chola T
23. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
24. Indian Railway at a Glance Indian Railway at a Glance
1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
25. Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017) Chhattisgarh Patwari Exam Solved Question Paper (Exam Held on: 15-01-2017)
1. Which is not the objective of scrapping the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 notes?
(a) To abolish black money
(b) To eliminate corruption
(c) To accelerate the economic growth
(d) None of the above
(Ans : c)
2. Which sector has more growth rate to accelerate the industrial growth of India in 2015-16?
27 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
28 Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NIT Jalandhar 2020#Punjab1 Days Remaining for Apply Dr. B. R. Ambedkar National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jalandhar (Punjab) invites online applications in the prescribed format for Recruitment to the following various 93 Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts (Advt. No. 04/2020)
NIT Jalandhar Non-Teaching Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
Technical Assistant : 23 vacancies (UR-11, EWS-02, OBC-06, SC-03, ST-01), Pay Scale : Pay Level-6 ₹35400-112400
SAS Assistant : 02 vacancies ...
29 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
30 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC16 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
31 Himachal PSC Principal Officer Recruitment 2020 #Himachal Pradesh5 Days Remaining for Apply Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) are invited by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Public Service Commission (PSC) from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the following Government Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancies of Principal (B.Pharma), Planning Officer, and Veterinary Officer Vacancy under various Departments, Himachal Pradesh (Advertisement No. 07/10-/2020, 09/10-2020 and 10/10-2020).
34 Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2020 #Sarkari Naukri22 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) is established by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA/Authority). NPS Trust invites applications from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Managers on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 1/2020-21)
National Pension System Trust Jobs Recruitment 2020
35 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank5 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...