USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission created by the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) that monitors the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF uses international standards to monitor religious freedom violations globally, and makes policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and Congressional leaders of both political parties. Their work is supported by a professional, nonpartisan staff. USCIRF is separate from the State Department, although the Department’s Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom is a non-voting ex officio Commissioner.
WHAT IS RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
Inherent in religious freedom is the right to believe or not believe as one’s conscience leads, and live out one’s beliefs openly, peacefully, and without fear. Freedom of religion or belief is an expansive right that includes the freedoms of thought, conscience, expression, association, and assembly. While religious freedom is America’s first freedom, it also is a core human right international law and treaty recognize; a necessary component of U.S. foreign policy and America’s commitment to defending democracy and freedom globally; and a vital element of national security, critical to ensuring a more peaceful, prosperous, and stable world.
WHAT USCIRF DOES
Issues an Annual Report by May 1st of each year. The report assesses the U.S. government's implementation of IRFA; recommends countries that the Secretary of State should designate as "Countries of Particular Concern" for engaging in or tolerating "systematic, ongoing, egregious violations of religious freedom;" documents country conditions in around 30 countries; reports on significant trends; and recommends U.S. policies.
Documents Religious Freedom Conditions Abroad by meeting with senior government officials, representatives of nongovernmental organizations, religious leaders, victims of persecution, and others in countries including: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Burma, China, Egypt, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Indonesia, Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, and Vietnam.
Engages Congress by working with Congressional offices, testifying at hearings, and holding briefings on issues including: protecting international religious freedom; Iran's human rights record under Rouhani; human rights abuses in Egypt; religious minorities in Syria; anti-Semitism; the persecution of religious and indigenous communities in Vietnam; persecuted Uighur Muslims in China.; and the plight of prisoners of conscience around the world. With the Tom Lantos Human Rights Commission, USCIRF launched the Defending Freedoms Project, working with Members of Congress to highlight religious prisoners and imprisoned human rights defenders worldwide.
Issues Reports with Policy Prescriptions, Press Releases, Op-Eds, and Journal Articles including: the global use of blasphemy laws; religious violence in Pakistan; religious freedom provisions in the constitutions of Muslim-majority countries; Russia’s failure to protect religious freedom; the status of religious minorities in Iran; religious violence in CAR; anti-Semitism; and the U.S. government’s treatment of asylum seekers in Expedited Removal.
Engages Multilaterally in meetings related to religious freedom and tolerance, including at the United Nations, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), the European Union, and with parliamentarians from across the globe.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Cane UP Enquiry Online for the Farmer Uttar Pradesh Government started the scheme which is known by the UP Ganna Parchi Online Calendar portal so that if the sugarcane farmer can take directly benefit from the www caneup in website. they can get all information regarding cane up slip, survey, reports, payment issue, and many more things.
Note: Uttar Pradesh has the largest area almost 50 percent of the cane area in the country, followed by Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tam
2. What is Mission Karmayogi? Dubbed as the biggest bureaucratic reform initiative, the Union Cabinet Wednesday approved ‘Mission Karmayogi’, a new capacity-building scheme for civil servants aimed at upgrading the post-recruitment training mechanism of the officers and employees at all levels.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said this exercise will “radically” improve the government’s human resource management practices and asserted it will use state-of-the-art infrastructure to
3. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
4. Science in Vedas Science in Vedas
Science in Vedas
The core foundation of Hindu belief is that Vedas contain source of all knowledge – physical or metaphysical. However in last 100 odd years, this belief has come under scrutiny due to the advances that modern science claims to make.
5. Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments Uttar Pradesh : Apex Bodies and Departments
Hon'ble Governor , Uttar Pradesh
Hon'ble Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
Government of Uttar Pradesh
Vidhan Sabha, Uttar Pradesh
6. Consumer Protection Act, 2019 comes into force The Consumer Protection Act,2019 comes in to force from today i.e. 20th July 2020. While briefing the media about the Consumer Protection Act, 2019 through video conference here today, the Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Shri Ram Vilas Paswan said that this new Act will empower consumers and help them in protecting their rights through its various no
7. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
8. Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936) Dhanpat Rai Shrivastava - (31st July 1880 - 8th October 1936), better known by his pen name Munshi Premchandwas an Indian writer famous for his modern Hindustani literature. He is one of the most celebrated writers of the Indian subcontinent, and is regarded as one of the foremost Hindi writers of the early twentieth century. His novels include Godaan, Karmabhoomi, Gaban, Mansarovar, Idgah. He published his first collection of five short stories in 1907 in a book called Soz-e Watan.
9. Consumer Welfare Fund The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 had set in motion a consumer movement in the country. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 which came into effect from 20th July 2020, and replaces the Consumer Protection Act of 1986 would give greater fillip to the ongoing consumer movement in the country.The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of the Central Consumer Protection Authority (CCPA) to promote, protect and enforce the rights of consumers as a class. The Act provides for simpli
10. July 31, 2020 Google Celebrating Pacita Abad Today’s Doodle celebrates Philippine artist, feminist, and activist Pacita Abad, renowned for her bold use of color and mixed media as well as her use of art to address global themes. On this day in 1984, Abad made history as the first woman to receive the Philippines’ prestigious Ten Outstanding Young Men award.
Pacita Abad was born on October 5th, 1
11. World Metrology Day - 20 May The theme for World Metrology Day 2020 is Measurements for global trade.
This theme was chosen to create awareness of the important role measurement plays in facilitating fair global trade, ensuring products meet standards and regulations, and satisfying customer quality expectations.
Indeed more widely metrology, the science of measurement, plays a central role in scientific discovery and innovation, industrial manufacturing and international trade, in improving the
12. Indian Independence Movement Indian Independence Movement
The Indian independence movement encompasses the efforts to free India from British rule from the Nineteenth Century until the granting of Independence in 1947. The Independence Movement involved a range of different strategies from revolutionary acts of violence, to peaceful non-violent protests.
Leaders of the Independence movement
13. IMPORTANT COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY AND THEIR CHAIRMEN IMPORTANT COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY AND THEIR CHAIRMEN
Name of the Committee Chairman
Committee on the Rules of Rajendra Prasad
Steering Committee Rajendra Prasad
Finance and Staff Committee Rajendra Prasad
14. Top Crop Producing States in India Top Crop Producing States in India
Apple: Jammu & Kashmir
Rice: West Bengal
Barley: Uttar Pradesh
15. INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS INDIAN STATES AND IMPORTANT FESTIVALS
Zatra at Cansaulim
Feast of St. Francis Xavier
Feast of Immaculate Conception,
Goa Liberation Day.
Losar, Himachal Day
16. COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY COMMITTEES OF THE CONSTITUENT ASSEMBLY
The Constituent Assembly appointed a number of committees to deal with different tasks of constitution-making. Out of these, eight were major committees and the others were minor committees.
The names of these committees and their chairmen are given below :
1. Union Powers Committee - Jawaharlal Nehru
2. Union Constitution Committee - Jawaharlal
17. Nobel Laureates Nobel Laureates
Amartya Sen (b-1933): Prof. Amartya Sen is the recipient of the Nobel Prize for Economics for the year 1998, becoming the first Asian to have been honoured with the award. The Santiniketanborn economist who is a pioneer in Welfare Economics has to his credit several books and papers on aspects of welfare and development. An economist with a difference, Prof. Sen is a humanist. He has distinguished himself with his outstanding writings on
18. United States Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) USCIRF is an independent, bipartisan U.S. federal government commission created by the 1998 International Religious Freedom Act (IRFA) that monitors the universal right to freedom of religion or belief abroad. USCIRF uses international standards to monitor religious freedom violations globally, and makes policy recommendations to the President, the Secretary of State, and Congress. USCIRF Commissioners are appointed by the President and Congressional leaders of both political parties. T
19. HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) HARYANA CIRCLE PA /SA EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1. How many teams are participating in IPL 2014?
2. Who is the deputy speaker of Lok Sabha at present?
Ans.: Kariya Munda
3. Who is presently the chairman of the finance commission?
Ans.: Dr Vijay L Khelkar
Yv Reddy is the chairman of 14 Finance commission. But now 13th commission is on running .
20. Famous Airports in India Famous Airports in India
Amritsar international airport - Punjab
Indira Gandhi international airport - New Delhi
Lokpriya Gopinath Bordolio international airport - Guwahati
Sardar Vallabhai Patel international airport - Gujarat
Netaji Subash Chandra Bose international airport - Kolkata
Chhatrapati Shivaji international airport - Mumbai
Hyderabad Airport - Hyderabad
Goa Airport - Goa
Chennai international airport -
21. List of First in India List of First in India
● First Governor-General of Independent India—Lord Lewis Mountbatten
● Indian Governor-General of Independent India—Chakravarti Rajgopalachari
● Chief of the Indian Armed Forces—General K. M. Carriappa
● Field Marshall—General S. H. F. J. Manekshaw
● President—Dr. Rajendra Prasa
22. General Knowledge Questions About Sports General Knowledge Questions About Sports
1. Who is the leading wicket taker in the history of Test cricket —Shane Warne
2. What can be the maximum length of a cricket bat —32'
3. What is the distance between popping crease and stumps on cricket pitch —3½ ft
4. With Which game/sport is 'Popping crease' associated —Cricket
23. History of Indian Postal System History of Indian Postal System
Year — Work
1766 — Establishment of first Indian Postal system by Lord Clive in India.
1774 — Establishment of first G.P.O. in Kolkata by Warren Hastings.
1786 — Establishment of Madras G.P.O.
1793 — Establishment of G.P.O. at Mumbai
1854 — On Oct
24. AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS AWARDS AND THEIR RELATED FIELDS
Bharat Ratna: It is the highest civilian award of the India. The award was given for outstanding achievements in the arts, literature, science and public services but the government expanded the criteria to include "any field of human endeavor". The number of annual awards is restricted to a maximum of three in a particular year.
Nobel Prize: The Nobel Prize is widely regarde
25. RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER RRB EXAM GENERAL KNOWLEDGE SOLVED PAPER
1. When was the first underground railway (Metro Railway) started?
(A) 1982 (B) 1989 (C) 1984 (D) 1992 (Ans : C)
2. Shatabdi Express train was started in–
(A) 1984 (B) 1988 (C) 1990 (D) 1985 (Ans : B)
3. At which of the following places Diesel Component Works is established?
(A) Jamshedpur (B) Patiala (C) Perambur (D) Varanasi (A
27 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching61 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
28 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC10 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
30 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC4 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
36 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh6 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)
41 Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020#Delhi19 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizen candidates for filling up of the following Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Sarkari Naukri Para-Medical (Non-Faculty) vacancy posts at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi and NCI Jhajjar (Haryana) (Advt. No. 1-17/2020-Estt-I(RCT)).
AIIMS Delhi Jhajjar Group A B C Job Vacancy Recruitment ...
45 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank9 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.
46 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC12 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...