S&T based innovative solutions by common people participating in NIF’s Challenge COVID-19 Competition (C3) ready to make adifference
The National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has identified several S&T based innovative solutions through the Challenge COVID-19 Competition (C3), a campaign which was running from 31st March to 10th May 2020 for engaging innovative citizens to come up with ideas and innovations to tackle the pandemic.
NIF is providing incubation and mentoring support for further dissemination to the generator of the ideas. A foot-operated device for hand sanitization and washing and an innovative sprayer for sanitizationare the two recently supported innovations under the campaign.
Shri Mupparapu Raju from Warrangal, Telangana, has designed the foot-operated device for hand sanitization and washing, which is a timely solution in response to need for contactless devices in the prevailing COVID-19 environment. It facilitates dispensing of soap and water by way of operating the device by foot, and not hands. As a result, there is no hand-related contact between the user and sanitizer, soap, or water, which are adequately stored in separate containers as a part of the device. Shri Raju has implemented the device at various locations (Warrangal, Mahabubabad, and others) in the State of Telangana. NIF has extended support to the innovator for value addition and in meeting the production commitments.
Implementation of Foot-operated device for Hand Sanitization and Washing at Warangal and Mahabubabad districts of Telangana
The other supported innovation is an innovative sprayer capable of sanitizing or washing large areas like roads, societies, doors, compounds, walls, etc. The sprayer consists of two radial fans of aluminum moving opposite to each other. In terms of mechanism, each fan sucks air from two opposite directions, which is released through nozzles at high pressure with minute droplets sizes. As the panel rotates 180 degrees, it can cover from the ground upto 15 feet tall walls. Any tractor of power more than 15 horsepower(hp) can be used to operate this through Power Take-Off (PTO). By deploying this sprayer, one can sanitize the societies, roads, and so on at a maximum distance of 30 feet from the center of machine and upto 15 feet height. Which means the machine will sanitise 30 feet horizontally and 15 feet vertically. As a result, compounds, doors can easily be sanitized with this sprayer. Nozzles in the sprayer are such that during operation of the device, the required area can be sanitized at ease, be it a spacious location or a congested location.
"Unleashing the partnership, ownership and creativity potential of our citizens in COVID-19 solutions and actions is a huge opportunity which is made visible by the NIF challenge. This is empowering our grass-roots innovators and entrepreneurs by recognition, prototyping help and thus translation of their relevant ideas into products.", said Prof Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, DST.
The Innovative sprayer for sanitization
The Sprayer is being deployed for sanitization on the streets of various locations in Maharashtra
The sprayer has been actively used at various locations in the State of Maharashtra viz. Satana, Nashik, etc.
A large number of citizens have participated in the Challenge COVID-19 Competition (C3) and helping the country come out of this crisis through Science and Technology based innovative solutions. The relevance of technologies to COVID-19 and the pace at which these have been designed, prototyped and eventually made available for social and commercial dissemination establishes the fact that Challenge COVID-19 Competition (C3) of NIF has been accepted very well by common people who believe that Innovation can indeed help the nation conquer crisis.
[For further details, contact Mr. Tushar Garg, email@example.com, Mob: +91-9632776780.]
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. 1.22 crore Kisan Credit Cards sanctioned with credit limit of Rs. 1,02,065 crore under the special saturation drive In an effort to buffer the agricultural sector from the shock of COVID-19, a special saturation drive is underway to provide concessional credit to farmers through Kisan Credit Card (KCC). As on 17.08.2020, 1.22 crore KCCs have been sanctioned with credit limit of Rs. 1,02,065 crore. This will go a long way in reviving the rural economy and accelerating agricultural growth.
It may be recalled that as part of the Aatma Nirbhar Bharat Package, the Governmen
3. Cross Border Intrusion Regular attempts for infiltration by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir are sponsored and supported from across the border. The number of attempts of infiltration and estimated net infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir, month-wise, during the last 12 months (August 2019 – July 2020) are given below:
4. Subsidies for Cotton Every year before commencement of the Cotton Season (October to September), Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India fixes the Minimum Support Price (MSP) of two varieties of seed cotton (kapas) to protect the interest of cotton farmers. While recommending MSPs, Commission on Agricultural Costs & Prices (CACP) considers important factors like cost of production, overall demand-supply conditions, domestic and international prices, inter-crop price, terms of trade between agricultural and non
5. Government receives large number of suggestions on proposed mining reforms There is no proposal to make illegal mining as legal. The Mines ministry has clarified this today. Ministry of Mines had circulated the proposed reforms in the Mines and Minerals (Development and Regulation) (MMDR) Act, 1957 with different Central Government Ministries /Departments and also to the State Government for comments / suggestions.
Further, in order to give wide publicity to the proposed reforms, as per Pre-Legislative Consultation Poli
6. KVIC Serves Legal Notices to “Khadi Essentials” & “Khadi Global” for Fraudulently Using Brand Name Khadi Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has issued legal notices to two firms – Khadi Essentials and Khadi Global – stating that they are “unauthorizedly” and “fraudulently” using the brand name “Khadi”. KVIC in a statement has said today that the two firms are engaged in selling a range of cosmetic and beauty products through various e-commerce platforms using the brand name “Khadi” and thus misleading consumers.
In the n
7. Railways enhances Rail Infrastructure and Urban Decongestion in areas near Delhi In order to enhance Railway infrastructure and assist in urban decongestion, Indian Railways is taking series of steps all across the country.
As a part of those activities, Northern Railways has converted the existing Rohtak-Gohana Railway line into a 4.8 km long elevated track. The work on the line is almost complete and it will be commissioned in the next three months.
The said Railway line was going through the heart of the city. There are four level crossings on
9. Industrial Training Institute, Berhampur files 3 Patents for COVID-19 related innovations; In an ongoing effort to use its technical expertise to help curtail the spread of COVID-19, Industrial Training Institute (ITI), Berhampur has registered three of its innovative products developed to fight against the novel Coronavirus in the patent journal, attesting its inherent strength to be able to rise to any challenge. This will give priority right to the institute over invention. Following the footsteps of IITs and NITs, ITI Berhampur has joined in the patent institute club of the country. In com
10. EPFO ensures hassle free service delivery through UMANG during COVID-19 pandemic The Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) has been a big hit among Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) subscribers enabling them to utilize services during COVID-19 pandemic from the comfort of their homes in hassle free manner.
Presently a PF member can access 16 different services of EPFO on their mobile phone using UMANG App. For availing these services an active UAN (Universal Account Number) and a mobile number registered with the EPFO is required. EPFO&rs
11. NFL Vijaipur unit to produce Compost from Biodegradable waste National Fertilizers Limited (NFL)a PSU under the Department of Fertilizers ,Vijaipur (MP ) is going to set up an Organic Waste Converter (OWC) Plant. The biodegradable waste collected in the unit shall be transported to OWC where the same shall be segregated from non-degradable parts. It will take around 10 days to convert it into ready to use compost.
12. Arunachal Pradesh will provide tap water to all rural homes by 2023 Arunachal Pradesh has again received a very high rainfall in the current monsoon season. Many of the drinking water supply installations dependent on the surface sources have faced the fury of natural calamities in terms of flash flood, cloud bursts, landslides and erosions. The Ledum multi village water supply project feeding potable drinking water to Bilat circle, Oyan-Sille Circle and Ruksin headquarter covering 19 villages with population of 21,287 under East Siang D
14. Income Tax Department conducts search on premises of Chinese entities Based on the credible information that few Chinese individuals and their Indian associates were involved in money laundering and hawala transactions through series of shell entities, a search action was mounted at various premises of these Chinese entities, their close confederates and couple of bank employees.
Search action revealed that at the behest of Chinese individuals, more than 40 bank accounts were created in various dummy entities, entering into credits of more than Rs 1,000 Crore ove
17. Union Education Minister reviews various activities of National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) today in New Delhi Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank' reviewed various activities of NIOS in New Delhi today. The meeting was attended by Secretary, School Education and Literacy, Smt. Anita Karwal, Joint Secretary, School Education, Smt. Sweety Changsan and senior officials of NIOS.
During the meeting Shri Pokhriyal stressed on transparent working of the Institution so that it may produce better results. The Minister also discussed on strengthening the examination mechanism. He said
18. Gadkari calls for enhanced international investment in Infrastructure and MSME sector Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari has called for increased investment by international institutions and bodies in the Indian Highways and MSME sectors. He said, automobile and MSME are the two growth engines of Indian economy.
Addressing the Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Womennovator on Trade Investment and collaborations in Road infrastructure and MSMEs today, the Minister said, India and Australia are already co-operating in the road safety sec
19. Structural Reforms are a Key Priority of the Government: Finance Minister Addressing the captains of the Indian Industry, Union Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman stressed that structural reforms are a key priority of the government as has been reflected in the slew of measures & policies announced since outbreak of COVID-19. Every policy which was introduced had a structural component. Consequently, thereforms are having significant impact on the recovery process which we are currently witnessing.
Further, in order to facilitate t
20. DGCA Undertakes Special Safety Audit of all Scheduled Airlines in India The DGCA is carrying out special safety audit of all the scheduled airlines in the country. For the Airports, spot inspections at 13 licensed airports have been carried out during the monsoon season by the DGCA.
Regulatory audit of scheduled airlines is carried out every two years as per the Manual of Regulatory Audit. However based on the findings during surveillances, spot checks, complaints, voluntary report and severity of occurrence, risk based audits are carried out in the form of special
21. IREDA opens branch office in Mumbai
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) has opened its third branch office in the country in Mumbai for facilitation of its customer, borrowers and other stakeholders. The Agency, a Mini Ratna (Category– I) Government of India Enterprise under the administrative control of Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE) already has two branc
22. CLAT 2020: SC says NLAT result not valid, NLSIU must conduct CLAT exam The apex court said the National Law School of India University cannot conduct its own admission test. So NLAT 2020 results is invalid for admissions and CLAT 2020 exam must be conducted as scheduled on September 28.
The Supreme Court September 21 said the National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru has to conduct the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) 2020 for admission as the NLAT 2020 result is not valid.
The apex court added that the CLAT 2020 will be conducted
24. Ministry of HRD extends the date of submission for Essay on Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat till 23rd August, 2020. In the run up to the Independence Day celebrations in the country, the Ministry of Human Resource Development in partnership with MyGov is organizing an online essay writing competition for specific age of school students (IX to X or Secondary Stage and XI to XII or Higher Secondary) across the country. Ministry of HRD has extended the date of submission for Essay on Atma Nirbhar Bharat-Swatantra Bharat till 23rd August, 2020. The NCERT will be the Nodal Agency for this event.
26 Xth (10) CRP for Specialist Officers Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS#Bank1 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will conduct Xth (10th) Online Common Recruitment Process (CRP), Preliminary and Main Examination for the year 2020-21 for and recruitment and selection of personnel for Specialist Officers (SO) Government Job Vacancy Posts in participating Public Sector Bank or any other Financial Institution tentatively in the month of December 2020 and January 2021 through Xth (10th) CRP for Specialist Officer Vacancy in PSU Banks by IBPS. SarkariNaukriBlog dot com ...
27 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC22 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
28 ICMR Assistant Vacancy Recruitment 2020 #Scientist & Research10 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi has entered into a memorandum of understanding with the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education & Research (PGIMER), Chandigarh for holding of Computer Based Test (CBT) Recruitment Examination/Test for Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Assistants (Group-B Level-6) of ICMR by PGIMER, Chandigarh.
29 Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in Gujarat Vidyapith 2020#Gujarat12 Days Remaining for Apply Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in Gujarat Vidyapith 2020
Gujarat Vidyapith is looking for qualified, accomplished and committed Non-Teaching Staff who believe in institution building. Online application on prescribed format is invited from the eligible and suitable person for direct recruitment/deputation/tenure basis for various Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Employees category Government Job Vacancies on a regular basis through open competition on all India basis. ...
30 Recruitment of Assistant Professor Faculty Vacancy in MSU Baroda 2020#Gujarat4 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Assistant Professor Faculty Vacancy in MSU Baroda 2020
The Maharaja Sayajirao University (MSU) of Baroda at Vadodara (Gujarat) invites online applications on prescribed form format from Indian Citizens for the recruitment and appointment of the Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy Post of Assistant Professor under Contractual Educational Services (CES) for the period of five years to be filled at various Higher Payment Academic Programmes in the MSU Baroda. (Adver ...