Scientists from S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata, an autonomous institute of the Department of Science and Technology have developed a novel protocol to find out whether a pair of electrons is in an entangled state so that they can be safely used as resources for facilitating quantum information processing tasks. The protocol has been developed through theoretical and experimental analysis.
Quantum entanglement is one of the peculiarities of quantum mechanics, which makes phenomena such as quantum teleportation and super-dense coding possible. It is the physical phenomenon that occurs when a pair or group of particles is generated, interact, in a way such that the quantum state of each particle of the pair or group cannot be described independently of the state of the others. Entangled states are key resources to facilitate many quantum information processing tasks and quantum cryptographic protocols.
However, entanglement is fragile and is easily lost during the transit of photons through the environment. Hence it is extremely important to know whether a pair of photons is entangled, in order to use them as resource. Verification of entanglement requires the use of measurement devices, but such devices may be hacked or compromised by eavesdroppers. Device-independent self-testing (DIST) is a method that can be used in order to overcome such a possibility.
This method enables the verification of entanglement in an unknown quantum state of two photons without having direct access to the state, or complete trust in the measurement devices. The theory relies on the application of the quantum uncertainty principle while implementing full device independence is a difficult task. In several practical situations, one of the parties may be fully trusted, whereas, the other may not be trusted like in the case of server-client relationship in banking transactions. For such situations, quantum information theory enables one-sided DIST (1sDIST).
In the protocol published in Physical Review A, Dr Archan S. Majumdar from SNBNCBS and his team, the theoretical idea is based on applying the fine-grained uncertainty relation to perform quantum steering. This idea has been successfully implemented experimentally by his team in collaboration with a group in Beijing Computational Science Research Centre, and Key Laboratory of Quantum Information, Hefei. The experiment uses an all-optical set-up in which entangled pairs of photons are created by laser light on Beta barium borate (BBO) crystals, a nonlinear optical crystal, used aslaser crystal. The team used Bob as the trusted party and Alice as untrusted, to verify that the pair of photons they share is entangled.
Figure: Representation of the experimental model
In a single run of their experiment, one photon goes to Alice’s lab (bottom left), and another to Bob’s lab (top right). They implemented several optical operations using beam-splitters, phase-shifters, and quantum gate operations before the photons were detected. Using the detection statistics, the team not only certified the presence of entanglement but also determined the magnitude of entanglement in the photon pairs with minimum error.
The team concluded that the entangled pairs of photons generated by the laser and BBO crystals can be reliably used to perform secure communication tasks.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. NTPC allowed to use drones for research and inspection of Thermal Power Projects Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) have granted conditional exemption to National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for the deployment of Remotely Piloted Aircraft System (RPAS) for carrying out research and inspection activities at Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station, Madhya Pradesh, Gadarwara Super Thermal Power Plant, Madhya Pradesh, and Sipat Super Thermal Power Project, Chhattisgarh using drones.
Shri Amber Dubey, Joint Secretary, Ministry
2. Private Sector Participation in Space Sector Government has created Indian National Space, Promotion &Authorization Centre (INSPACe), under Department of Space to encourage, promote and hand hold the private sector for their participation in Space Sector. Private players will also be able to use ISRO infrastructure through INSPACe.The decision of Government was conveyed to the Members of the scientific community elaborately, and scientific community welcomed the Government decision.
The role of New Space India Limited (NSIL) in the po
3. Rajya Sabha passes Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020 today Rajya Sabha passed Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020 in New Delhi today. The Indian Institutes of Information Technology Act of 2014 and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Act, 2017 are the unique initiatives of the Government of India to impart knowledge in the field of Information Technology to provide solutions to the challenges faced by the country.The Indian Institutes of Information Technology Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2020 wa
4. National Super Computing Mission (NSM) is boosting high power computing in the country India is fast expanding its supercomputer facilities and developing the capacity to manufacture its own supercomputers in the country.
The National Super Computing Mission (NSM) is rapidly boosting high power computing in the country through its various phases to meet the increasing computational demands of academia, researchers, MSMEs, and startups in areas like oil exploration, flood prediction as also genomics, and drug discovery.
With the infrastructure planned in NSM Phase-I alre
5. Workshop to mark 20 years of Himalayan Chandra Telescope to highlight the science it produced In the cold, dry desert of Ladakh, 4500 meters above the mean sea level, for two decades, the 2-m diameter optical-infrared Himalayan Chandra Telescope (HCT) at the Indian Astronomical Observatory (IAO) has been scanning the night sky in search of stellar explosions, comets, asteroids, and exo-planets.
The telescope remotely operated using a dedicated satellite communication link from the Centre for Research & Education in Science & Technology (CREST), Indian I
6. Get Ready to Learn RPA Blue Prism We are living in the midst of a digital era. Technology can enable us to automate business processes using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and software rather than people, wherever possible. A technology for this purpose is Robotic Process Automation (RPA). RPA can have a transformative impact on organizations by lowering costs, increasing reliability, and executing quickly. It can also let IT
7. Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the summit Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020 on October 5 Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and NITI Aayog are organizing a Global Virtual Summit on Artificial Intelligence (AI), RAISE 2020- ‘Responsible AI for Social Empowerment 2020,’ from October 5-9, 2020. The Summit will be inaugurated by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in the august presence ofMinister of Electronics & IT, Communications and Law &Justice, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, eminent global AI expert Professor R
8. 670 new electric buses and 241 charging stations sanctioned under FAME scheme In a big push towards electric mobility the Government has sanctioned 670 Electric buses in the states of Maharashtra, Goa, Gujarat and Chandigarh and 241 Charging Stations in Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Gujarat and Port Blair under Phase-II of FAME India Scheme.
Announcing this in a series of tweet messages,Union Heavy In
11. The top Python developers in the United States Python is a Swiss Army Knife for programmers. It is a veteran programming language present in many applications and operating systems. We can find it running on servers, in iOS, Android, Linux, Windows or Mac applications. This is because it has a moderate learning curve and because its philosophy emphasizes offering a readable code syntax.
It is a versatile multiplatform and multiparadigm programming language that stands out for its readable and clean code. On
12. 11 Digital Education Tools For Teachers And Students
The Most Popular Digital Education Tools For Teachers And Learners
Hundreds of digital education tools have been created with the purpose of giving autonomy to the student, improving the administration of academic processes, encouraging collaboration, and facilitating communication
13. Education Minister virtually attends Diamond Jubilee Celebration of Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology Union Minister of Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually attended Diamond Jubilee Celebration of Commission for Scientific and Technical Terminology (Department of Higher Education) as Chief Guest today. Union Minister of State for Education Shri Sanjay Dhotre also attended the event through video conferencing as Guest of Honor.
The Commission has done important work in the creation and development of Scientific and Technical Terminology for Hindi and other Indi
14. CSIR-CMERI comes up with High Flow Rate Water Purification Technology for Fluoride and Iron Removal NEED OF THE TECHNOLOGY:
The contamination of fluoride and iron in drinking water is increasing day by day. Iron is the most abundant trace element in human body, responsible for accomplishment of vital biological functions such as gastrointestinal processes and the regulation of body temperature. But when iron level in water is beyond 0.3 ppm (as per WHO guideline), it shows several adverse effects including liver disease, irregular heart rhythm and neuronal disorder etc.
15. Successful Flight Test of SMART Supersonic Missile Assisted Release of Torpedo (SMART) has been successfully flight tested today 5th Oct 2020 at 1145 hrs from Wheeler Island off the coast of Odisha. All the mission objectives including missile flight upto the range and altitude, separation of the nose cone, release of Torpedo and deployment of Velocity Reduction Mechanism (VRM) have been met perfectly.
The tracking stations (Radars, Electro Optical Systems) along the coast and the telemetry stations including down range ships
17. CSIR-KPIT demonstrates Hydrogen Fuel Cell fitted car Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and KPIT successfully ran trials of India’s first Hydrogen Fuel Cell (HFC) prototype car running on an indigenously developed fuel cell stack at CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune. The fuel cell is a low temperature PEM (Proton Exchange Membrane) type Fuel Cell that operates at 65-75 degree centigrade, which is suitable for vehicular applications.
19. Department of Science & Technology is having three binational Centres Presently the Department of Science & Technology, Govt. of India is having three binationalCentres namely Indo-French Centre for Promotional of Advanced Research (IFCPAR)established with France in 1987, Indo-US Science & Technology Forum (IUSSTF) established in2000 with USA and Indo-German Science & Technology Centre (IGSTC) established in 2010under inter-governmental agreements.
During last three years, the following new programmes have been launched by these binationalCentres:
24. Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, 2020 Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, 2020
Science, Technology and Innovation Policy, 2020
As India and the world reorient in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis, a landmark policy initiative has been flagged by the Government of India. The Science, Technology and Innovation Poli
25. Study showing stars of varied ages can co-exist in open clusters, provides clue to stellar evolution in the Milky Way Galaxy Study showing stars of varied ages can co-exist in open clusters, provides clue to stellar evolution in the Milky Way Galaxy
Stars in our Galaxy are formed from the molecular clouds present in the Galaxy. It is believed that the majority of stars in our Galaxy are formed in the star clusters making them important clues to understand the star formation mechanism. Open star clusters are a system of stars bound by gravity in which stars are born from the same molecular clouds. All the stars in a
30 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management23 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com
33 Specialist Officer Recruitment UCO Bank 2020#Bank22 Days Remaining for Apply Specialist Officer Recruitment UCO Bank 2020
UCO Bank, a leading listed Public Sector Bank having headquartered in Kolkata invites Online applications in the prescribed format for recruitment to the various government job vacancy posts in Specialized category in JMG Scale-I and MMG Scale-II in the Specialist Officer cadre in various specialist disciplines.
Specialist Officer Recruitment in UCO Bank 2020
34 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank14 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.