Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has re-invited suggestions and comments from all stake holders including general public on the proposed amendment in the Motor Vehicle Rules regarding registration of new vehicles, driving licences, and recall of old vehicles. These notifications were earlier issued on 18th of March this year. However, it was felt that the stakeholders need adequate opportunity to examine the notification again and provide comments and suggestions which in earlier case got affected due to conditions of Lockdown.
Two Notifications to this effect have been issued on the 29th May 2020, which can be seen at www.morth.gov.in.
The draft Notification no. 336(E) covers section 4-28 of the MVAA. It covers the following Important aspects:
• Use of Electronic forms and documents (Medical Certificate, Learners License, Surrender of DL, Renewal of DL)
• Online learner’s License
• National Register.
• Dealer point Registration.
• Renewal of Registration 60 days in advance
• Temporary registration for 06 months with extensions of 30 days (Body building etc).
• Trade certificate - electronic
• Alteration, retro fitment to vehicles and adapted vehicles.
• Insurance in case of Altered vehicles.
The other draft Notification no. 337(E) covers section 39-40 of the MVAA. It includes aspects like:
•Recall Policy of defective vehicles.
i. Procedure for Recall
ii. procedure to detail Investigating Officer
iii.Investigation Procedure- time bound manner (06months)
iv. Role of Testing Agencies
•Obligations of Manufacturers, Importers & Retrofitters.
•Accreditation of Testing agencies.
The suggestions or comments can be sent to the Joint Secretary (Transport), Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Transport Bhavan, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110001 (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) within sixty days from the date of publication of these notifications. The comments sent earlier are not required to be sent again.