Income generation activities for tribals pick up as states take up MFP procurement at revised MSP in right earnest
There has been an encouraginglypositive response from the States asthe government continues its efforts to help the poor and marginalized people find their feet in the aftermath of the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the context of tribal people, TRIFEDunder the aegis of the Ministry of Tribal Affairshad advised the State Governments to plan the effective implementation of MSP for MFP by leveraging funds under Article 275 (I) grants to ensure both immediate income generation in the short term and sustained livelihoods by supporting VanDhanvalue addition activities.
It has been observed that this advice has been met with tremendous positive response. 17 states have initiated procurement and MFP worth approximately Rs. 50 Cr. have been procured by the states under the scheme. Moreover due to these efforts,private agencies in 7 States have procured MFP at prices above the MSP to tune of over Rs.400 Cr.
Thetimely announcement of the MSP measures and the revisions in the MSPs by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and these concerted efforts of TRIFED have resulted in the tribals getting a higher value realization in the market, at rates which are even higher than MSP.
In addition, 6 states have transferred funds to VDVKs for the procurement of MFPs under the Scheme and a procurement of Rs. 4.03 crores has been done through this channel. 7 States have initiated the preparation of their State plans for initiatives under Article 275 (I) for Covid relief and will soon submit the plans to the Ministry for approval and sanction of grants.
Earlier, it may be noted, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs had announced certain measures to help this segment as most of the income of tribals comes from minor forest produce based activities which usually is at its peak season now, between the months of April – June. The Ministry had already approved the Guidelines for Scheme for ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) Through Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Development of Value Chain for MFP’ for providing MSP to gatherers of forest produces and introducing value addition and marketing through tribal groups and clusters.
On May 1, 2020, the Government issued a revised price list of MSP for the 50 MFPs– and most of the MFP have been revised upwards by 30-90% so that it can benefit the tribal gatherers. In addition to this, 23 more items were included in this scheme as MFPs. This inclusion incorporated agriculture and horticulture produce from North Eastern States collected by the tribal people.
These measures, which have taken the entire count of MFPs under the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) Scheme to 73 counts, and is expected to provide an immediate and much needed momentum to procurement of Minor Tribal Produce across all States, and the efforts of TRIFED in generating response from the State Governments will ameliorate the situation of the distressed tribal people.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Ramayan Cruise Service will be launched soon on the river Saryu in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh ‘Ramayan Cruise Tour’ on the Saryu river in Ayodhya will be launched soon. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways today chaired a review meeting for the implementation of cruise service.
It will be the first-ever luxury Cruise service on the Saryu river (Ghagra/National Waterways-40) in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh. It aims to give mesmerizing experience to devotees with one-of-its-kind spiritual journeys while cruising through the famous ghats of the holy river
2. 56th Raising Day of Border Security Force (BSF) The Border Security Force (BSF) is celebrating its 56thRaising Day today. On this occasion, Union Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Nityanand Rai took the salute of the BSF Raising Day Parade-2020 held at the Chhawla Camp here today. The programme was attended by the Chief of DefenceStaff,General Bipin Rawat, BSF Director General Shri Rakesh Asthana, senior officers of Central Armed Police Forces and the Police and other dignitaries.
3. PM participates in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi participated in Dev Deepawali Mahotsav in Varanasi today.
Addressing the event, the Prime Minister said it was another special occasion for Kashi as, He said, the idol of Mata Annapurna that was stolen from Kashi more than 100 years ago, is now coming back again. It is a matter of great fortune for Kashi. He said these ancient idols of our gods and goddesses are a symbol of our faith as well as our priceless heritage.
The Prime Minister said if s
4. English rendering of PM’s address in the 18th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 29.11.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar! I want to share a good news with you all at the beginning of Mann ki Baat today. Every Indian will be proud to know that a very oldidol of Devi Annapurna is returning to India from Canada. This idol was stolen from a temple of Varanasi and smuggled out of the country around 100 years ago somewhere around 1913. I express my gratitude to the Government of Canada and to all those for this large heartedness who made this propitious deed possible. Mata Annapoorna has a very speci
6. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
9. ITAT organises webinar to celebrate 71st Constitution Day The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) celebrated the 71st Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, on 26th November, 2020 by organizing an All India Webinar. The celebrations were led by the Mr. Justice P.P. Bhatt, President, ITAT. On the occasion, Shri Anoop Kumar Mendiratta, Union Law Secretary, Shri Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India, Ms. Seema Khorana Patra, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes and other dignitaries were present. The Vice Presidents a
10. EPFO conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App On the occasion of completion of 3 years of UMANG App, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on average transactions in the past six months across all services. Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with Platinum Partner Award for registering more than 25 lakh transactions on UMANG App.
15. KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women KONE Elevator India once again in the list of 100 Best Companies for Women
- This is the fifth successive time KONE Elevator India has been honoured
- Enters the 100 Best Companies for Women in India – “Hall of Fame”
Mumbai, November 25, 2020: KONE Elevator India, a fully owned subsidiary of KONE C
17. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
18. UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India UNDP and Invest India have launched the SDG Investor Map for India, laying out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
“India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs, globally. Invest India is pleased to have partnered with UNDP India to develop the first-ever 'SDG Investor Map for India'. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India's develop
19. CBDT provides ITR Filing Compliance Check Functionality for Scheduled Commercial Banks Central Board of Direct Taxes in exercise of powers conferred under section 138(1)(a) of Income Tax Act, 1961, has issued Order inF.No. 225/136/2020/ITA.II dated 31.08.2020, for furnishing information about IT Return Filing Status to Scheduled Commercial Banks, notified vide notification No. 71/2020 dated 31.08.2020 under sub-clause (ii) of clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 138 of the Act.
21. Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Anganwadis across the Country As per the directions issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, under Disaster Management Act, 2005, all the Anganwadi Centres across the country were closed to limit the impact of COVID-19. During the consultation held with States/UTs in the month of July 2020, most of the States had also expressed their inability to open Anganwadi Centres in the light of increasing incidents of COVID-19. However, to ensure continuous nutritional support to Anganwadi beneficiaries, Anganwadi Workers and Helpers have been dist
22. Health Ministry to rush Central teams to UP, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Odisha Ministry of Health and Family Welfare has decided to deploy high level Central teams to four States of Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, and Odisha. These States are seeing a sudden surge in the number of COVID cases and some of them are also reporting high mortality.
The teams will support the State efforts towards strengthening containment, surveillance, testing and efficient clinical management of the positive cases. They shall also guide the States in effectively managing the c
23. International Sign Languages Day (23 September) Celebrated By DEPWD, M/O Social Justice& Empowerment ‘International Sign Languages Day’ was celebrated at a virtual function organized by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous body under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowermenthere today. United Nations has declared 23rd September as International Sign Language Day. The theme of this year is ‘Sign Languages are for everyone’ with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
24. Railways enhances Rail Infrastructure and Urban Decongestion in areas near Delhi In order to enhance Railway infrastructure and assist in urban decongestion, Indian Railways is taking series of steps all across the country.
As a part of those activities, Northern Railways has converted the existing Rohtak-Gohana Railway line into a 4.8 km long elevated track. The work on the line is almost complete and it will be commissioned in the next three months.
The said Railway line was going through the heart of the city. There are four level crossings on
25. Arunachal Pradesh will provide tap water to all rural homes by 2023 Arunachal Pradesh has again received a very high rainfall in the current monsoon season. Many of the drinking water supply installations dependent on the surface sources have faced the fury of natural calamities in terms of flash flood, cloud bursts, landslides and erosions. The Ledum multi village water supply project feeding potable drinking water to Bilat circle, Oyan-Sille Circle and Ruksin headquarter covering 19 villages with population of 21,287 under East Siang D
26 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC13 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
27 Himachal PSC Principal Officer Recruitment 2020 #Himachal Pradesh2 Days Remaining for Apply Online Recruitment Applications (ORA) are invited by Himachal Pradesh (HP) Public Service Commission (PSC) from desirous and eligible candidates for recruitment to the following Government Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancies of Principal (B.Pharma), Planning Officer, and Veterinary Officer Vacancy under various Departments, Himachal Pradesh (Advertisement No. 07/10-/2020, 09/10-2020 and 10/10-2020).
31 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand9 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
33 Lecturer Technical Education Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2020#Rajasthan25 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Lecturer Technical Education for Rajasthan Technical Education Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 05/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The d ...