Prime Minister Narendra Modi launches Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan on 20th June 2020 to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for migrant workers returning to villages, in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today launched a massive employment -cum- rural public works Campaign named ‘Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan’ to empower and provide livelihood opportunities in areas/ villages witnessing large number of returnee migrant workers affected by the devastating COVID-19. The Abhiyaan was flagged off from village Telihar, Block Beldaur, district Khagaria, Bihar on June 20 (Saturday) through Video-Conference attended by the CMs and Representatives of the 6 Participating States, Various Union Ministers and others.
Prime Minister interacted through remote video conferencing with the villagers of Telihar in the Khagaria District of Bihar from where the Prime Minister Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan was formally launched.
The Prime Minister inquired from some of the migrants their current state of employment and also whether the various welfare schemes launched during the Lockdown period were available to them.
Shri Modi expressed satisfaction after his interaction and pointed out how rural India stood its ground in the fight against COVID-19 and how it is providing an inspiration to the whole country and the world in this moment of crisis.
PM said that both the Center and the State Governments were concerned about the welfare of the poor and the migrants.
The Prime Minister said the AatmaNirbhar Bharat Campaign itself was launched with a 1.75 Lakh Crore package under PM Garib Kalyan Yojana.
He said the Central and State Government also ran special Shramik Express Trains for the migrant labour who wished to return homes.
PM termed this day as a historic day as a massive campaign kickstarted for the welfare of the poor, for their employment.
This campaign is dedicated for our labor brothers and sisters, for the youth, sisters and daughters living in our villages. It is our endeavor that through this campaign workers and workers are given work near home, he said
The Prime Minister announced that an amount of Rs 50,000 Crores would be spent for building durable rural infrastructure under the Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan.
He said 25 work areas have been identified for employment in villages, for development of various works. These 25 works or projects are related to meet the needs of the villages like rural housing for the poor, Plantations, provision of drinking water through Jal Jeevan mission, Panchayat Bhavans, community toilets, rural mandis, rural roads, other infrastructure like Cattle Sheds, Anganwadi Bhavans etc.
The Prime Minister said that Abhiyan shall also provide modern facilities in rural areas. He said it is of great necessity that high speed and cheap internet be provided in every rural household to help the youth and children. The Prime Minister said it is the first time that the rural areas are using more internet than the urban areas. Hence the laying of fibre cable and provision of internet are also made a part of the Abhiyan.
These works will be done while staying in his own village, while staying with his family.
The Prime Minister said that Self-Reliant (AatmaNirbhar) farmers are equally essential for a Self-Reliant India (AatmaNirbhar) Bharat. He said the Government took a major step by removing various shackles of unwanted rules and regulations so that the farmer can freely sell his produce anywhere in the country and connect directly with traders who offer a better price for his produce.
Shri Modi said the farmers are being directly linked to the market and that the Government has provided an investment of Rs 1,00,000 Crore for linkages like cold storage etc.
This Abhiyaan of 125 days, will work in mission mode, will involve focused implementation of 25 categories of works/ activities in 116 districts, each with a large concentration of returnee migrant workers in 6 states of Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha. Public works to be undertaken during this campaign will have a resource envelope of Rs. 50,000 crores.
The Abhiyaan will be a convergent effort between 12 different Ministries/Departments, namely; Rural Development, Panchayati Raj, Road Transport & Highways, Mines, Drinking Water & Sanitation, Environment, Railways, Petroleum & Natural Gas, New & Renewable Energy, Border Roads, Telecom and Agriculture, to expedite implementation of 25 public infrastructure works and works relating to augmentation of livelihood opportunities. The major objectives of the initiative include:
Provide livelihood opportunity to returning migrants and similarly affected rural citizens
Saturate villages with public infrastructure and create livelihood opportunities viz. Roads, Housing, Anganwadis, Panchayat Bhavans, various livelihood assets and Community Complexes among others
The basket of a wide variety of works will ensure that each migrant worker is able to get an opportunity of employment according to his skill, in the coming 125 days. The Program will also prepare for expansion and development of livelihoods over a longer term.
The Ministry of Rural Development is the nodal Ministry for this campaign and the campaign will be implemented in close coordination with the State Governments. Central Nodal Officers of the rank of Joint Secretary and above will be appointed to oversee the effective and timely implementation of various schemes in the identified districts.
List of states, where the GKRA will be undertaken
The list of 25 works & activities targeted to be taken up on priority are mentioned in the following table:
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Steps to Promote Export during Pandemic Since March 2020, during COVID-19 pandemic, regular meetings were held with the Export Promotion Councils (EPCs), Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Industry bodies and Associations to discuss issues and problems faced by the exporters and ways to promote exports during the pandemic. The issues raised by them were taken up with the concerned Ministries/Departments for an early redressal.
Government has taken the following key steps to boost exports:
The validity of Foreign Tra
2. Tender to Local Companies To ensure that the local firms are allotted the tender under Atmanirbhar Bharat, the following measures have been taken:-
1. The Department of Expenditure (DoE) vide Order No. 12/17/2019-PPD dated 15.05.2020 (copy also available on website of Department of Expenditure) has amended Rule 161 (iv) of General Financial Rules (GFR) 2017 restricting Global Tender Enquiry (GTE) for the contract/ supply value of above Rs. 200 crore to enable floating of local tenders by Procuring Entities of Government
3. Railway Projects Railway Projects are sanctioned Zonal Railway wise and not State-wise, as, Indian Railway’s network straddles across various state boundaries. Indian Railways has taken up 513 Railway Projects (New Line, Gauge Conversion and Doubling works). These projects are in different stages of planning/sanction/execution. The project-wise details including cost, expenditure and outlay are available in public domain on Indian Railways’ website i.e.
4. Upgradation and Modernization of Ayodhya Railway Station A work namely “Ayodhya-Redevelopment of station and circulating area etc. in connection with development of stations of religious & cultural importance” is sanctioned. The cost of the work is Rs. 104.77 Crores. A total expenditure of Rs. 20.61 Crores has been incurred. The outlay for F.Y. 2020-21 is Rs. 18.16 crores. The executive agency for the project is M/S RITES Ltd.
The scope of the work includes provision of new station building, two new modern foot over bridge
5. Replacing Railway Level Crossings with Flyovers Government proposes to replace Level crossings (LC) in the country with Road Over Bridges (ROB) on cost sharing basis with State Govt, if Train Vehicle Unit (TVU) of LC is more than one lakh. Road under bridges (RUB) are provided to replace the level crossing, wherever technically feasible.
Total 2834 LCs were replaced by ROB/RUBs between 01.04.2015 till 31.03.2020.
Total expenditure of ₹15628 Cr. has been made towards replacement of LCs by ROB/RUBs from 01.04.2015 till 31.03.2020.
6. Setting Up of Solar Panel in the Vacant Land of Railways Indian Railways (IR) has planned to set up solar plants on its vacant land and along the tracks. As a part of this initiative, 4.7 Mega Watt (MW) land based Solar plants have already been commissioned. Action has been taken for installation of Solar power projects on unused Railway land at following locations:
7. Online Courses for Skill Development The Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, at the instance of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has issued a Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs ) on 8th September 2020 to ensure resumption of training activities post Covid-19 lockdown in skill and entrepreneurship training institutes including Industrial Technical Institutes (ITIs) and Short Term Training Centres under National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) or State Skill Development Missions or other Central or State Ministri
8. Change in Skill Development Programmes Post Covid-19 Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) through National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) is imparting on-line skilling through ‘e-SkillIndia’ platform in the midst of COVID-19 lockdown. Further, Ministry of Home Affairs has permitted the conduct of skill training programmes in physical form from September 21, 2020 onwards. Accordingly, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) has been issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) for restarting the training.
9. National Technical Textiles Mission The Government has approved the proposal for creation of National Technical Textiles Mission for a period of 4 years (2020-21 to 2023-24) with an outlay of Rs.1480 crores. The distribution of funds is (i) For Research Innovation & Development – Rs. 1000 crores, (ii) For Promotion and Market Development- Rs.50 crore, (iii) For Education, Training and Skilling- Rs. 400 crore, and (iv) For Export Promotion – Rs.10 crores and balance Rs.20 crores for administrative expenses.
10. Development of Women and Children The Ministry of Women & Child Development implements following schemes to promote the development of women and children across the country:
Anganwadi Services: Anganwadi Services under Umbrella Integrated Child Development Services (ICDS) Scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme, aiming at holistic development of children below 6 years of age and pregnant women & lactating mothers, by providing a package of six services comprising (i) Supplementary nutrition; (ii) Pre-school non-f
11. Bhartiya Poshan Krishi Kosh Bhartiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (B.P.K.K.), a web portal having information of India’s crop diversity across all districts – for both current and historical crops has been developed. It aims to provide data informed agro ecological contexts required to produce traditional and locally available nutrition-rich crops. The B.P.K.K. is designed to indicate the nutritional value of all major food crops, vegetables and fruits grown in all states and UTs of India down up to a district level. The informat
12. Insurance coverage to PMJDY account holders Under Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), a free RuPay debit card is provided to the PMJDY account holders with inbuilt accident insurance cover of Rs. 1 lakh. This coverage amount has since been raised from Rs. 1 lakh to Rs. 2 lakh to PMJDY accounts opened after 28.08.2018. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Giving more details, the Min
13. Shri Mansukh Mandaviya launches SAROD-Ports today Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya today launched ‘SAROD-Ports’ (Society for Affordable Redressal of Disputes - Ports) through virtual ceremony today in New Delhi.
Speaking at the launching, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya termed SAROD-Ports as a game changer and added that it will become the pivotal mechanism of ummeed (hope), vishwas(trust) and nyaya (justice) in the Port sector of India. Shri Mandaviya also added that enforcement o
14. Functioning of PM-AASHA Scheme Pradhan Mantri Annadata Aay SanraksHan Abhiyan’ (PM-AASHA) is an umbrella scheme to ensure Minimum Support Price (MSP) to farmers. It comprises the erstwhile Price Support Scheme (PSS) with certain modifications and rolling out of new schemes of Price Deficiency Payment Scheme (PDPS) and pilot of Private Procurement and Stockist Scheme (PPSS). Under PM-AASHA, States/UTs are offered to choose either PSS and PDPS in a given procurement season with respect to particular oilseeds crop for the entire St
15. e-MARKET Since e-commerce and e-market opens up opportunities for firms, including major companies, traders & local businessmen, to reach newer markets and expand their area of operation, it is expected that it is going to benefit them significantly. Though, no data is collected by the Government, on sales/profits made by various companies, exclusively due to expansion of e-markets. Representations have been received, wherein traders associations have informed that their business has been impacted by activiti
16. Make In India Scheme Targets for production of indigenous defence equipment are decided based on requirements of the Armed Forces. Procurement of defence equipment is undertaken from various domestic as well as foreign vendors, based on threat perception, operational challenges and technological changes and to keep the Armed Forces in a state of readiness to meet the entire spectrum of security challenges.
‘Make in India’ is implemented in defence sector through various policy initiatives which promotes
18. Social Security net of ESIC and EPFO to Widen opening up for all workers and self-employed Minister of State (I/C) for Labour & Employment, Shri Santosh Gangwar, while responding to the debate in the Lok Sabha, has stated today that the three Bills introduced in the House for historic labour reforms in the country, will prove to be a Game Changer in the labour welfare reforms covering more than 50 crores organized and unorganized workers in the country. This also includes gig, platform and also opens up the doors for social security to those in the self-employment sector.
19. Supply of Meals to Students during the Lockdown State Governments and UT Administrations have been advised to provide Food Security Allowance (FSA) comprising of foodgrains, pulses, oil etc (equivalent to cooking cost) to all eligible children till such time as their schools are closed due to aforesaid pandemic. The modalities for this purpose are decided by the respective States and UTs, according to the prevailing circumstances. States and UTs have also been advised to take necessary precautionary measures in view of the situation caused by COVID-19
20. Social Security for AWWs, Women and Children during Pandemic Under the Social Security benefits, Anganwadi Workers (AWWs)/ Anganwadi Helpers (AWHs) are covered under the following Insurance Schemes:
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY): AWWs and AWHs in the age group of 18 to 50 years are covered under PMJJBY for life cover of Rs.2.00 lakh (covers life risk, death due to any reason).
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY): AWWs and AWHs in the age group of 18-59 years are covered under PMSBY fo
21. Government has launched YuWaah – a multi-stakeholder platform to make young people career ready Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports and United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) have signed a “Statement of Intent” on 20.07.2020 to establish YuWaah, Generation Unlimited (GenU), a global multi-stakeholder platform in India. As per the Statement of Intent, the objectives of this project are:
Support young people by providing entrepreneurship classes (online and offline) with successful entrepreneurs and experts, towards establishing entrepreneurial mindset among young people.
22. Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) Launched on 31.07.2020 Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants/ poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. Following steps have been taken to implement the scheme of ARHCs for urban migrants/poor:
Operational Guidelines of ARHCs along with other implementation framework have been circulated to all States/Union Territories (UTs) for planni
23. Use of Chemicals and Pesticides for Ripening of Fruits As per the information provided by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; sub-regulation 2.3.5 of Food Safety and Standards (Prohibition and Restriction on Sales) Regulations, 2011 is related to “Prohibition of use of Calcium Carbide in ripening of fruits”. According to this sub regulation, “No person shall sell or offer or expose for sale or have in his premises for the purpose of sale under any description, fruits which have be
24. Procurement of agricultural produces and payment of MSP to farmers Procurement of wheat and paddy is done by Centralized Procurement System and Decentralized Procurement (DCP) System.Under Centralized Procurement System, the procurement of wheat and paddy in Central Pool are undertaken either by FCI directly or through State Government agencies. Under Decentralized Procurement (DCP) System,the State Government itself undertakes direct purchase of paddy and wheat. Food Corporation of India (FCI) is the Central nodal agency for procurement of wheat and Paddy. Total quanti
25. Rise in Price of Essential Food Items Monthly Average of retail prices in respect of 22 essential commodities monitored by Department of Consumer Affairs (DoCA) from March 2020 to August 2020 indicating the increase in retail prices is as follows-
Department of Consumer Affairs (Price Monitoring Division)
26 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching64 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
27 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan4 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
29 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC2 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
30 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
31 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC13 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
37 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC7 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
38 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
39 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management21 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com
42 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh9 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)
45 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020#Gujarat13 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) Vadodara (Gujarat) invites online applications in the prescribed format from committed academics and practitioners with quality teaching experience, publications, and research expertise for the Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy at the level of Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor in various areas/ disciplines and some other Non-Teaching ...
50 Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in National School of Drama#Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in National School of Drama
Sarkari Naukri Vacancy NSD Delhi
National School of Drama (NSD), Delhi, a fully funded autonomous organisation of the Government of India invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment 2020 of the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Non-Faculty Staff in NSD Delhi. (Advertisement No. NSDREC2020).