The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI), A deemed to be University established by Ministry of Railways in Vadodara, has announced admissions for Academic year 2020-21. This will be the third year of intake at the Institute, which has seen significant progress over these years towards its vision of being among the top Universities in the country, powering the growth and transformation of Indian transportation sector.
NRTI will admit students to its established B.Sc. and BBA programmes in Transportation Technology & Transportation Management respectively, as well as two new B.Tech. programmes, two new MBA programmes and four new MSc programmes. Most of these are unique programmes offered exclusively at NRTI. The new programmes also include an international Masters in Railway Systems Engineering & Integration offered in collaboration with the University of Birmingham, UK where students will spend one year at University of Birmingham.
The last date for application is 31 July 2020 for BBA, BSc and post-graduate programmes. Entrance test for these programmes will take place on 23 August 2020 at multiple centres around the country.
B Tech admissions will be based on JEE Mains score, last date of application is 14 September 2020.
Students can obtain further details at www.nrti.edu.in. Only Online applications are accepted.
NRTI has augmented teaching with quality online courses and summer internships in view of Covid 19:
- Courses for all programmes and batches were conducted online by the faculty using latest technology and pedagogy and teaching was completed without compromising quality and safety of students
- Students were also provided free access to a library of 4,000 online courses from leading Universities around the world to supplement classes. These included courses in Data Science, Microeconomic Principle and Understanding Research Methods.
- Students of NRTI will be awarded digital certificates from the offering university, as well as credits by NRTI.
- 6 week online industry internships organized for the second year students with leading private as well as public sector organisations in the transportation sector.
New Infrastructure is being developed at NAIR campus to cater to the growth:
- Master Plan for 55-acre campus of NAIR has been prepared and construction work will be initiated shortly
- The campus will have capacity for 2,000 residential and 5,000 total students, including :
- A New Academic Block (NAB) with classrooms, laboratories, seminar halls, faculty chambers, admin offices, a 400 capacity auditorium and a model room.
- A multifunctional building with residential accommodation, a mess with capacity of 550, and amenities such as gymnasiums, activity rooms, launderettes, spread across 3 towers.
- A new sports block designed around a central courtyard with badminton courts, Squash courts, a billiards & indoor sports room, along with tennis courts on its roof.
- All buildings will meet stringent green building norms giving due importance to heritage of the Palace, preserving existing flora & fauna, utilizing minimum land and ensuring ample daylight & cross ventilation.
Total 10 programmes are being offered in The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) (8 of these are new). Detail of the programmes are as under:
- BBA in Transportation Management (3 year)
- BSc in Transportation Technology (3 year)
- B.Tech. in Rail Infrastructure Engineering (4 year)
- B.Tech. in Rail Systems & Communication Engineering (4 year)
Postgraduate programmes (2 year):
- MBA in Transportation Management
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MSc in Transport Technology and Policy
- MSc in Transport Economics
- MSc in Transport Information Systems and Analytics
- MS in Railway Systems Engineering and Integration (International degree programme offered in collaboration with University of Birmingham, UK)
Selection Process for the programmes:
- NRTI UG and PG Entrance Tests (for aptitude) will be administered at multiple locations across the country.
- Selection to BBA, BSc programmes will be based on score in NRTI UG Entrance Test.
- Selection to B.Tech. programmes will be based on JEE Mains 2020 scores.
- Applicants for the MSc programmes shortlisted on the basis of NRTI PG Entrance Test, will be required to appear for a subject test and interview; admission will be offered based on overall results.
- Applicants to the MBA programmes who have valid CAT (2019), XAT (2020) or MAT (later than May 2019) scores may be exempted from PG entrance Test. Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their score in NRTI PG Entrance Test or CAT/XAT/MAT as above will be required to appear for personal interview; admission will be offered based on overall results.
- Selection to the Masters in Railway Systems Engineering and Integration will be conducted jointly by University of Birmingham, UK and NRTI
How to Apply for a programmes :
- Applications should be submitted online on the NRTI website. The application fee is INR 500 for GEN/EWS/OBC candidates and INR 250 for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Interested candidates are invited to fill in the application form, pay the application fee & register for the process by visiting www.nrti.edu.in/data/applications.html
NRTI follows Government of India regulations with respect to reservations for SC, ST, OBC and EWS. Supernumerary seats will also be considered for PwD, Kashmiri Migrants and Ex-Servicemen, as per Government regulations.
Details of fees, financial aid etc. are available on NRTI website.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register
& Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. PM greets sportspersons on National Sports Day; pays tributes to Major Dhyan Chand
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has greeted the sportspersons on National Sports Day. Prime Minister also paid tributes to legendary Indian Hockey player Major Dhyan Chand.
The Prime Minister said, "National Sports Day is a day to celebrate the remarkable achievements of all those exemplary sportspersons who have represented India in various sports and made our nation proud. Their tenacity and determination are outstanding.
Today, on National Sports Day, we pay
3. Nation celebrates 11th National Voters’ Day
11th National Voters’ Day was celebrated across the country today on January 25, 2021 with the President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind gracing the national level event held at New Delhi in a virtual, online mode. Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Law & Justice, Communications and Electronics and Information Technology graced the event as the Guest of Honour. The Chief Election Commissioner Shri Sunil Arora, Election Commissioners Shri Sushil Chandra, Shri Rajiv Kumar, and Secretary
5. KVS admission 2021: Revised schedule released for academic year 2021-22
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan has released the revised schedule for KVS admissions for the academic year 2021-22. The admissions process had begun in the fourth week of March 2021 but was interrupted by a surge in Covid-19 cases. Parents and guardians may check the detailed schedule on the official KVS website at kvsangathan.nic.in.
According to the revised schedule, the first provisional select list and waitlist for registered candidates for Class 1 admissions will be released on June
6. Bharat Ratna Professor Rao receives the Eni International Award for Research in Energy Frontiers
Bharat Ratna Professor C.N.R. Rao has received the International Eni Award 2020 for research into renewable energy sources and energy storage, also called the Energy Frontier award. This is considered to be the Nobel Prize in Energy Research.
Professor Rao has been working on hydrogen energy as the only source of energy for the benefit of all mankind. Hydrogen storage, photochemical and electrochemical production of hydrogen, solar production of hydrogen, and non-metallic catalysis were the hig
7. PM salutes scientists on National Technology Day
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has praised the scientists and those passionate about technology on National Technology Day.
In a series of tweets, the Prime Minister said:
“On National Technology Day, we salute the hardwork and tenacity of our scientists and those passionate about technology. We remember with pride the 1998 Pokhran Tests, which demonstrated India’s scientific and technological prowess.
In any challenging situation, our scientists and inno
9. National AI Portal (INDIAai) celebrates its first anniversary today
The ‘National AI Portal (https://indiaai.gov.in)’, celebrated its first anniversary on May 28, 2021, in a virtual event attended by nearly 400 participants and dignitaries. The National AI Portal is a joint initiative by Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), National e-Governance Division (NeGD) and NASSCOM and serves as a central hub for AI related news, learning, articl
12. Public suggestions invited for facilitating renewal of International driving licence while travelling abroad
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has issued a draft notification GSR 624 (E) dated 7th October, 2020 seeking comments and suggestions for amendment to Central Motor Vehicles Rules 1989 for facilitating the issuance of International Driving Permit (IDP) for citizens whose IDP has expired while they are abroad.
It has come to notice that in certain cases for the Citizens who are travelling abroad and in a foreign country, the International Driving Permit gets expired and there is
13. National Highways Authority of India Makes Drone Survey Mandatory for All National Highways Projects
In order to enhance transparency, uniformity and leverage latest technology, the National Highways Authority of India, under Ministry of Road Transport & Highways has made mandatory use of drones for monthly video recording of National Highway projects during all stages of development, construction, operation and maintenance.
Contractors and Concessionaires shall carry out the drone video recording in presence of Team Leader of the Supervision Consultant and upload comparative project video
14. COMSOL Platform through I-STEM for academic researchers at no cost
For the first time in the country, through the I-STEM portal academic users in India will now be able to access the COMSOL Multiphysics software suite at no cost. The Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map (I-STEM), the national web portal for sharing R&D facilities, and the COMSOL Group headquartered in Sweden, have entered a collaborative arrangement for this.
The suite is hosted on the cloud server to provide user friendly access from anywhere in India. The arrangement
15. Delhi Govt School Admissions 2021 to Begin Tomorrow in Online Mode
The Directorate of Education, Delhi will start the application process for admission to classes 6 to 9 tomorrow - June 11. The application process will be held digitally due to the covid-19 pandemic. This year, the admissions will be held in two phases. The first phase will be held from June 11 to 30 for which the results will be announced on July 4.
The second session of admissions to Delhi government schools will be held from July 23 to August 3, Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia inf
16. Khadi Village Industries Commission (KVIC) Records Highest Ever Turnover in FY 2020-21 Despite Covid-19 Pandemic
In a year completely marred by Covid-19 pandemic, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) has recorded its highest-ever turnover. In the year 2020-21, KVIC registered a gross annual turnover of Rs. 95,741.74crores, as compared to Rs. 88,887 crores turnover in 2019-20, thus, registering an increase of 7.71%.
KVIC’s record performance in 2020-21 assumes great significance as production activities remained suspended for more than three months during the nationwide lockdown announced o
17. Curtain Raiser Event for International Day of Yoga- 2021 Organised | Namaste Yoga App launched
The curtain raiser event for the 7th International Day of Yoga was organised online Friday late evening with a galaxy of illustrious Yoga Gurus and experienced Yoga exponents coming together on the virtual platform along with two union ministers to appeal to the world community to adopt Yoga in their daily life for the betterment of both the individual self and the mankind. A mobile application, “Namaste Yoga”, devoted to Yoga, was also launched during the event.
19. Provisional estimates of Annual National Income, 2020-21 and Quarterly estimates (Q4) of Gross Domestic Product, 2020-21
1. The National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, has released the Provisional Estimates of National Income for the financial year 2020-21, both at Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices. These are presented in Statements 1 to 4.
Quarterly Estimates of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the fourth quarter Q4 (January-March) of 2020-21, both at Constant (2011-12) and Current Prices along with the corresponding quarterly estimates of expenditure c
21. Scientists from Indian Institute of Astrophysics find a new model to probe how black holes rip apart starts
Scientists have found a new way to probe into supermassive black holes – detecting their properties like mass and spin by observing how they rip apart stars. They have found a model which can infer black hole mass, its spin by observing how the stars are ripped apart on coming to the vicinity of these astronomical bodies with high gravitational force found at the centre of some massive galaxies.
Most black holes lead isolated lives and are impossible to study. Astronomers study them by wa
22. National Council for Transgender Persons will assess impact of various policies with respect to transgenders
The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has enacted “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights), Act, 2019. As per Chapter VII of the Act in the National Council for Transgender Persons, along with other members, five representatives of transgender community from the State/UTs by rotation and five experts to represent Non-Governmental Organizations or associations working for the welfare of transgender persons are to be nominated by the Central Government. The Council will assess t
23. ITR Filing: Last date for AY 2020-21 extended – ITR 1, ITR 2 and ITR 4 available for e-filing
ITR Filing 2020 Last Date: The last date for Income Tax Return (ITR) filing for AY 2020-21 has been extended to November 30, 2020. It will be applicable for filing of ITR for the financial year 2019-20. The income tax department has informed about the extension in its twitter handle today. The due date for the income tax return for the FY 2019-20 (AY 2020-21) has now been extended to November 30, 2020. The returns of income which are required to be filed by 31st July, 2020 and 31st
24. Bata India announces Q2 results, shows signs of recovery
Footwear major Bata India Limited today announced results for the quarter ended 30 September 2020. Revenue from operations for the quarter stood at Rs. 3679 million showcasing steady signs of a steady recovery after a dull first quarter. The net loss stood at Rs. 444 million, as against a loss of Rs. 1011 million in the previous quarter ended 30' June 2020. Since the opening up of the economy in June, the Company has continued its multiple measures to ensure customer safety, consumer relevant communi
We would love to hear your thoughts, concerns or problems with anything so we can improve our website educratsweb.com ! email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and submit your valuable feedback.
Save this page as PDF
| Recommend to your Friends