Mohammed Rafi (24 December 1924 – 31 July 1980) was an Indian playback singer. He is considered as one of the greatest and most influential singers of the Indian subcontinent. Rafi was notable for his voice, versatility and range; his songs were varied from fast peppy numbers to patriotic songs, sad numbers to highly romantic songs, qawwalis to ghazals and bhajans to classical songs. He was known for his ability to mould his voice to the persona and style of an actor, lip-syncing the song on screen in the movie. He received six Filmfare Awards and one National Film Award. In 1967, he was honoured with the Padma Shri award by the Government of India. In 2001, Rafi was honoured with the "Best Singer of the Millennium" title by Hero Honda and Stardust magazine. In 2013, Rafi was voted for the Greatest Voice in Hindi Cinema in the CNN-IBN's poll.
He has recorded songs for over a thousand Hindi films and has sung songs in various regional Indian languages as well as foreign languages, though primarily in Hindi-Urdu and Punjabi over which he had a strong command. He has recorded as many as 7405 songs in many languages. He has sung in many regional Indian languages including Konkani, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Odia, Punjabi, Bengali, Marathi, Sindhi, Kannada, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Magahi, Maithili. Apart from Indian languages, he also sang songs in many foreign languages including English, Farsi, Arabic, Sinhala, Creole and Dutch.
Read more visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Rafi
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sarabhai Vikram Ambalal Sarabhai
(12 August 1919 – 30 December 1971) was an Indian physicist and astronomer who initiated space research and helped develop nuclear power in India. He was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1966 and the Padma Vibhushan (posthumously) in 1972. He is internationally regarded as the Father of the Indian Space Program.
Some interesting facts about Vikaram Sa
2. Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) Shaheed Udham Singh (26 December 1899 – 31 July 1940) was a revolutionary belonging to the Ghadar Party, best known for his assassination in London of Michael O'Dwyer, the former lieutenant governor of the Punjab in India, on 13 March 1940. The assassination was in revenge for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre in Amritsar in 1919 for which O'Dwyer was responsible. Singh was subsequently tried and convicted of murder and hanged in July 1940. While in custody, he used the name Mo
3. Mohammed Rafi (24 December 1924 – 31 July 1980) Mohammed Rafi (24 December 1924 – 31 July 1980) was an Indian playback singer. He is considered as one of the greatest and most influential singers of the Indian subcontinent. Rafi was notable for his voice, versatility and range; his songs were varied from fast peppy numbers to patriotic songs, sad numbers to highly romantic songs, qawwalis to ghazals and bhajans to classical songs. He was known for his ability to mould his voice to the persona and style of an actor, lip-syncing t
4. DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014) DELHI CIRCLE PA/SA EXAM GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER (EXAM HELD ON 27/04/2014)
1) Which one of the following minerals is contained in the Monazite sand of Kerala?
2) The largest sugarcane producing country in the world is:
3) This refers the amount that the commercial banks require to maintain in the form of gold or government approved securities before providing credit to customers:
5. Indian Railway at a Glance Indian Railway at a Glance
1831-33 : A thought to create railway development for the transportation between Madras and Bangalore cropped up.
1844 : R. S. Stephenson thought of creating East India Railway.
1845-46 : Survey work for new rail line for Calcutta–Delhi.
1848-49 : Construction of Howrah and Raniganj rail line.
6. INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCES
South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC)
The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) is an organisation of South Asian nations, which was established on 8 December 1985 when the government of Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka formally adopted its charter providing for the promotion of economic and social progress, cultural development within the South Asia region and also for fri
7. General Knowledge Questions About First in India and World General Knowledge Questions About First in India and World
1. Where was the first session of the Constituent Assembly held —New Delhi
2. Who is the first person to set foot on Moon —Neil Armstrong
3. Which was the first talkie film of India —Alam Ara
4. Which was the first English ship that came to India —Red Dragon
5. Which was the
8. Important National and Independence Days of All Countries Important National and Independence Days of All Countries
January 1 – Camaroon-Independence Day
January 1 – Haiti-Independence Day
January 1 – Western Samoa-Independence Day
January 1 – Sudan-National Day
January 1 – Burma-Independence Day
January 1 – Chad-Independence Day
January 1 – Australia-Australia Day
9. PM Gram Sadak Yojana Phase 3 – Govt. Approves Rural Road Programme 3rd Phase Launch PM Gram Sadak Yojana Phase 3 – Govt. Approves Rural Road Programme 3rd Phase Launch
Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana Phase 3 approved by central government, PMGSY 3rd Phase to revamp 1.25 km of roads, to boost connectivity of villages with hospitals, schools & markets
Central govt. has approved the launch of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana Phase 3 which is the flagship rural road programme. This PMGSY 3rd phase is approved in the cabinet committee meeting l
10. FIRST IN INDIA 1. Who was the first President of India – Dr. Rajendra Prasad
2. Who was the first Prime Minister of India – Jawaharlal Nehru
3. Who was the first Indian Governor-General of India – C. Rajagopalachari
4. Who was the first Mughal emperor – Babur
5. Who was the first President of USA – John Hanson
6. Who was the first woman President
11. Science and Technology Made Easy Science and Technology Made Easy
Green pigment is called
The carbohydrate produced in the photosynthesis
12. List of Chief Election Commissioners of India Since 1950 to 2019 List of Chief Election Commissioners of India Since 1950 to 2020
1. Sukumar Sen : 21 March, 1950 to 19 December, 1958
2. K. V. K. Sundaram : 20 December, 1958 to 30 September, 1967
3. S. P. Sen Verma : 1 October, 1967 to 30 September, 1972
4. Nagendra Singh : 1 October, 1972 to 6 February, 1973
5. T. Swaminathan :
13. Important Days in India Important Days in India
January 1– Army Medical Corps Establishment Day, Global Family Day
January 9– NRI Day / Pravasi Bhartiya Divas
January 11– Death Anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastri
January 12– National Youth Day (Birth Day of Swami Vivekanand)
January 15– Army Day
January 23– Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose's Birth Anniversary
January 24– National G
15. 6 Things You May Not Know About the Gregorian Calendar 6 Things You May Not Know About the Gregorian Calendar
1. The original goal of the Gregorian calendar was to change the date of Easter.
In 1582, when Pope Gregory XIII introduced his Gregorian calendar, Europe adhered to the Julian calendar, first implemented by Julius Caesar in 46 B.C. Since the Roman emperor’s system miscalculated the length of the solar year by 11 minutes, the calendar had since fallen out of sync with the seasons. This concerne
17 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank7 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...