Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar today virtually launched the Krishi Megh (National Agricultural Research & Education System -Cloud Infrastructure and Services) along with the KVC ALUNET (Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Chhatr Alumni Network) and Online Accreditation System for Higher Agricultural Educational Institutions (HEI).
The Union Minister emphasized that the Government of India-World Bank funded National Agricultural Higher Education Project is designed for strengthening the national agricultural education system in the country with the overall objective to provide more relevant and high-quality education to the agricultural university students that is in tune with the New Education Policy - 2020. Shri Tomar accentuated the need to save and preserve the important research-based data in a prompt digitized form to enable its access anywhere in any corner of the country and the world. He also stressed on enabling private investments in agriculture. The Minister regarded the Krishi Megh as a step forward towards digital agriculture of New India as has been envisaged by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
Shri Parshottam Rupala, Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare said that 2-3 ICAR Institutes should be made research centres of international repute. He also stressed on providing the real time data to the researchers.
Shri Kailash Choudhary, Union Minister of State for Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare complimented ICAR for establishing the Krishi Megh that integrates the ICAR-Data Centre at ICAR-Indian Agricultural Statistics Research Institute, New Delhi with the Disaster Recovery Centre at the ICAR-National Academy of Agricultural Research Management, Hyderabad. The Minister regarded the initiative as a revolution in agriculture.
Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR) underlined about 58 Universities which have been supported in various categories under the ICAR National Agricultural Higher Education Project (NAHEP). The Director General highlighted about 377 students (UG, PG and Ph.D.) who have received international training / internships along with the training provided to around 120 faculty members in the various International Universities. He also stressed on maximizing the use of internet technology / digitalization. Dr. Mohapatra highlighted the main features of the Krishi Megh that is equipped with the latest AI / Deep learning software / tools kits for building and deploying of deep learning based applications through image analysis, disease identification in livestock, etc. He stressed that the Krishi Megh is a new chapter in digital India enabling the farmers, researchers, students and policy makers more equipped with updated and latest information regarding agriculture, research, education and extension in digital form generated by ICAR institutes and State Agriculture Universities.
Earlier, in his welcome address, Dr. R.C. Agrawal, Deputy Director General (Agricultural Education), ICAR briefed about the main objective of the programme. He highlighted the development of the KVC ALUNET that has been a result of an idea of social networking for the alumnus of the Agricultural Universities. He stressed that this shall enable the alumni of all the 74 Agricultural Universities in connecting with each other and making it possible to assist the students in internship, placements and to provide support to their alma maters.
Mr Edward William Bresnyan, Task Team Leader, World Bank regarded the ICAR’s initiative as a game changer that will bring a major transformation in the agricultural education system. The senior officials of ICAR and its institutes also virtually participated in the programme.
Key Features of Krishi Megh
For meeting the services and infrastructure needs of Digital Agriculture of National Agricultural Research and Education System (NARES). The existing Data Centre (ICAR-DC) built during 2012 shall be strengthened with cloud computing infrastructure.
NARES-Cloud Infrastructure and Services with its constituents ICAR-DC and ICAR-Krish Megh provide a robust and dynamic platform to meet the growing IT needs of the NARES system with the deployment of mission critical applications such as e-Office, ICAR-ERP, Education Portal, KVK Portal and mobile apps, ICAR institute websites, Academic Management System, Alumni Portal, e-Courses of UG and PG level etc.
Under NAHEP, the out-reach of existing ICAR Data Center is broadened to cover the Agriculture Universities enabling them to host their websites and IT solutions.
In the present COVID-19 situation, 24x7 availability of IT applications through have made it possible to work from home as well as to collaborate with fellow scientists through video conferencing.
ICAR-Krishi Megh at NAARM Hyderabad is synchronized with ICAR-Data Center at ICAR-IASRI, New Delhi has been built to mitigate the risk, enhance the quality, availability and accessibility of e-governance, research, extension and education in the field of agriculture in India.
NAARM, Hyderabad has been chosen as it lies in different seismic zone w.r.t. ICAR-Data Center at ICAR-IASRI, New Delhi. Hyderabad is also suitable as skilled IT manpower is available along with other suitable climatic conditions such as low humidity level which is controllable in the data center environment.
This new Centre has latest AI/Deep learning software/tools kits for building and deploying of deep learning based applications such as disease and pest identification using image analysis, detection of maturity and ripening of fruits through image analysis, disease identification in livestock etc.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. PM Inaugurates RE-Invest 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated the 3rd Global Renewable Energy Investment Meeting and Expo (RE-Invest 2020) through video conferencing. The summit is organised by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy. The theme for RE-Invest 2020 is ‘Innovations for Sustainable Energy Transition’.
The Prime Minister expressed happiness that in the renewable energy sector, within a short time the progress from megawatts to gigawatts in generation capacity and “One Sun, One Wo
5. Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports restores recognition of Archery Association of India Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports has restored the government recognition to Archery Association of India as a National Sports Federation for promotion and regulation of Archery Sport in the country. The Government recognition of AAI was withdrawn eight years back on account of failure to conduct its elections in accordance with the National Sports Development Code of India, 2011 (Sports Code).Government recognition of AAI will be valid for one year.
Union Minister for Tribal Affairs
7. PM Releases Book on the Life of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi released a book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji.
In a tweet Shri Modi said “Released a book on the life and ideals of Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. The book has been penned by Kirpal Singh Ji, who is based in Chandigarh.”
8. EPFO conferred with Platinum Partner Award for highest transactions on UMANG App On the occasion of completion of 3 years of UMANG App, Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, Communications and Law & Justice unveiled the newly instituted UMANG Awards for Partner Departments of Centre and States based on average transactions in the past six months across all services. Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been conferred with Platinum Partner Award for registering more than 25 lakh transactions on UMANG App.
12. ITAT organises webinar to celebrate 71st Constitution Day The Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) celebrated the 71st Constitution Day, also known as Samvidhan Divas, on 26th November, 2020 by organizing an All India Webinar. The celebrations were led by the Mr. Justice P.P. Bhatt, President, ITAT. On the occasion, Shri Anoop Kumar Mendiratta, Union Law Secretary, Shri Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India, Ms. Seema Khorana Patra, Member (Legislation), Central Board of Direct Taxes and other dignitaries were present. The Vice Presidents a
13. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
14. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
15. iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu App and its onboarding on UMANG platform to be launched on Constitution Day Committed to fulfil its mandate of Free legal aid and Access to Justice as enunciated under Article 39A of the Constitution of India, Secretary (Department of Justice) would be launching the iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu Application and its onboarding on UMANG platform (MeiTY), on Samvidhan Divas 26th Nov, 2020. The UMANG platform would also enable to make pan India easy accessibility of this mobile based legal service to approx 2.5 Cr registered users.Nyaya Bandhu mobile application was launched by Un
17. Cabinet approves Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank with DBS Bank India Limited The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has given its approval to the Scheme of Amalgamation of Lakshmi Vilas Bank Limited (LVB) with DBS Bank India Limited (DBIL). On 17.11.2020, to protect depositors' interest and in the interest of financial and banking stability, on RBI's application under section 45 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, LVB had been under moratorium for a period of 30 days. In parallel, RBI, in consultation with Government, superseded the Board of
18. UNDP and Invest India launch the SDG Investor Map for India UNDP and Invest India have launched the SDG Investor Map for India, laying out 18 Investment Opportunities Areas (IOAs) in six critical SDG enabling sectors, that can help India push the needle forward on Sustainable Development.
“India occupies a key role in determining the success of the SDGs, globally. Invest India is pleased to have partnered with UNDP India to develop the first-ever 'SDG Investor Map for India'. This initiative is an instrumental stride in India's develop
19. PM greets people on the occasion of Malayalam New Year The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has greeted the people on the occasion of Malayalam New Year.
“As the month of Chingam commences, my greetings to everyone, especially my Malayali sisters and brothers. I pray that the coming year brings with it success, good health and prosperity for all”, the Prime Minister said.
20. Import and In-house production of PNG & CNG As per information provided by Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), approximately 9,228 MMSCM of Natural gas has been produced domestically and approximately 9,966 MMSCM of LNG has been imported in the country during the period April-July, 2020. This gas also caters to demand of Piped Natural Gas (PNG) and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
IOCL is executing 517 km long Paradip-Haldia-Barauni Oil 30" capacity augmentation pipeline project. IOCL has informed that physical progress of 43.
21. Shri Gadkari calls for adopting advanced public transport models and use of biofuel, Electricity, CNG in Public Transport Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Shri Nitin Gadkari has said that public transport may be modernised which is based on biofuels, CNG and electricity as fuel. Addressing a Webinar - 4th UITP India Bus Seminar today he said most of the State Road Transport Undertakings (SRTUs) are incurring huge expenditure on conventional fuels which are expensive. Shri Gadkari called for moving on to biofuels, CNG and Electricity as transportation fuel. This he said will not only save on fuel bill b
22. Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Anganwadis across the Country As per the directions issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, under Disaster Management Act, 2005, all the Anganwadi Centres across the country were closed to limit the impact of COVID-19. During the consultation held with States/UTs in the month of July 2020, most of the States had also expressed their inability to open Anganwadi Centres in the light of increasing incidents of COVID-19. However, to ensure continuous nutritional support to Anganwadi beneficiaries, Anganwadi Workers and Helpers have been dist
23. Union HRD Minister announces fresh examination dates of NEET and JEE Mains & Advance Union HRD Minister announces fresh examination dates of NEET and JEE Mains & Advance
In his address to the students Shri Pokhriyal said that our priority during this epidemic is to ensure safety and academic welfare of students. We will ensure that while conducting the examination, we strictly follow the guidelines given by the Ministry of Home Affairs and Health Ministry so that students are kept away from the grip of this epidemic.
The Minister said that social distancing will
24. Ban on Chinese Products The Government regularly reviews the country’s import policy, based on emerging trade and economic factors. Decisions to regulate imports are taken based on the assessment in national and public interest. At present, approximately 550 tariff lines are under the ‘Restricted’ / ‘Prohibited’ category for imports under the Foreign Trade Policy, imports of which are restricted from all countries including China.
To support and expand domestic capacities, Government has
25. Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah conveys greetings to mark Independence Day Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah has conveyed greetings to mark Independence Day. On the occasion of India’s 74th Independence Day, the Union Home Minister unfurled the National Flag at his residence here today. In his message, Shri Amit Shah said,“On the occasion of Independence Day, I bow before those who contributed to India’s freedom with their valour and sacrifice and I also pay my respects to those brave men and women who made the supreme sacrifice in the cause of the nati
27 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
28 ICMR Scientist-E and Scientist-D Recruitment 2020#Scientist & Research6 Days Remaining for Apply Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) under Department of Health Research, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India invites online application on prescribed format from Indian nationals for recruitment and filling up these Government Job Vacancy posts of Scientist-E, Scientist-D (Medical/Non-Medical) in various disciplines. (Advertisement No. ICMR/Sc-E & Sc-D/2020/2-Pers.)
ICMR Scientist Recruitment 2020 Vacancies
29 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC16 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
30 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 14/2020 #UPSC4 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 03/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor Medical), Nurse, Assistant Director etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 14/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 14/2020 Vacancies
33 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand12 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
36 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 15/2020 #UPSC18 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 17/12/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Statistical Officer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (UPSC Advt. No. 15/2020).