Ministry of Shipping has rationalized tariff rates for the Cruise vessels. The net effect of the rate relaxation would be an immediate reduction in port charges ranging from 60% to 70%, which will give substantial relief to the cruise industry in India, in line with the government policy to support the economy in COVID-19 pandemic situation.
Following are the rationalized tariff rates for cruise vessels:
The port charges for a Cruise Ship to be charged at $0.085 per GRT (Gross Registered Tonnage) instead of $0.35 of current rate, for first 12 hours stay ('Fixed Rate') and $5 per passenger (‘Head Tax’). The Ports will not charge any other rate like berth hire, port dues, pilotage, passenger fee, etc.
For the period exceeding 12 hours stay, the fixed charges on cruise ships will be equal to the Berth Hire Charges payable as per SOR (Schedule of Rates)(with 40% discount as applicable for cruise ships).
iii. Further, cruise ships making
A. 1-50 calls per year to get 10% rebate.
B. 51-100 calls per year to get 20% rebate.
C.above 100 calls per year to get 30% rebate.
The above rationalized tariff shall be immediately effective for a period of one year.
With a view to provide support to the cruise shipping business, which has been very adversely affected due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the right policy environment and infrastructure for the growth of cruise shipping and tourism will be provided. Due to policy support by Shipping Ministry since 2014,the number of call made by Cruise Ships in India has increased from 128 in 2015-16 to 593 in 2019-20. This rationalization would also help to ensure that cruise calls at Indian Ports do not dry up completely.
Shri Mansukh Mandaviya, Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) said the decision is the result of the efforts being made by the Ministry of Shipping to convert the vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi into reality by putting India on the map of global cruise market,both for ocean & river cruises. “It will be a big support for the cruise tourism in India, which has suffered tremendously due to the adverse economic impacts of COVID-19 pandemic. It will provide the opportunity to earn huge amount of foreign exchange and generate sizeable direct and indirect onshore employment in cruise tourism sector of India”, the Minister added.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Shri Arjun Munda to launch Two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare tomorrow Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda will launch two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare in a collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art of Living (AoL) through video conference here tomorrow. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of Living will grace the occasion.
The first initiative ‘Strengthening PRIs’ will be launched in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayts and 150 villages of Jharkhand, in creating awareness among elected representativ
2. English rendering of PM’s address in the 17th Episode of Mann Ki Baat 2.0 on 25.10.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the festival of Vijaydashami, that is Dussehra. On this auspicious occasion, heartiest greetings to all of you. The festival of Dussehra is one of the triumph of truth over untruth. But, simultaneously, it is also the festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are carrying on with immense patience, celebrating the festival with restraint….and hence, in our ongoing fight, our victory too is assured. Earlier, people used to throng Durga Pand
3. National Council for Transgender Persons will assess impact of various policies with respect to transgenders The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment has enacted “The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights), Act, 2019. As per Chapter VII of the Act in the National Council for Transgender Persons, along with other members, five representatives of transgender community from the State/UTs by rotation and five experts to represent Non-Governmental Organizations or associations working for the welfare of transgender persons are to be nominated by the Central Government. The Council will assess t
4. Startup Ecosystem for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurs Government of India, through Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has taken initiatives for implementing entrepreneurship development schemes and programmes for the youth and women of the Country through entrepreneurship education, handholding & mentorship and essential linkages with financial and market institutions.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a project on entrepreneurship promotion and mentoring of micro and small enterprises i
5. Financial Assistance to Migrants Central Government was fully conscious that during the period of an inevitable lockdown, people should not be deprived of essential supplies. The situation was closely monitored 24*7 through Control Rooms at national level. With a view to provide food, health care and shelter to homeless people including migrant workers, Central Government on 28.03.2020, allowed the State Governments to use State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for this purpose.
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) also issued regular
6. Union Education Minister launches Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020 In continuation of pertinent educational reforms being made by Ministry of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Education Minister virtually launched the "Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020" here today. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Senior officials of Ministry of Education and President, Council of Architecture , Ar Habeeb Khan, were also present on the occasion.
While addressing the participants S
7. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
8. ECGC Limited ECGC Limited was set up in 1957 in Mumbai under the Companies Act 1956 to provide export credit insurance services to exporters and banks to promote and support exports from India.
The performance details of ECGC for the last three financial years and current year are given below:
(Amount in ₹ Crore)
9. New Industrial Policies The Government is in the process of bringing out a strategy paper on boosting industrial growth which will be a roadmap for all businesses in the country.
Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan MantriAwasYojana – Urabn (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants / poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. It’soperational guidelines along with implem
10. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Greets the Nation on the 74th Independence Day Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas has greeted the nation on the 74th Independence day today. In a tweet message ‘From Bharat to Aatmanirbhar Bharat: The Wheel of transition’ Shri Pradhan said, “Our priorities on the domestic and international front have undergone major changes under the Modi government. In recent times, there has been much debate about whether a self-reliant India or Atma Nirbhar Bharat is compatible with globalizatio
11. Extension of date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India today issued notification, extending the date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 as 1.1.2021 in place of 1.9.2020.
This decision allows domestic manufacturers four months of extra time to make necessary arrangements for compliance of standards in view of difficulties arising out of COVID-19 pandemic.
12. IIMC celebrates its 56th Foundation Day Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) celebrated its 56th Foundation Day today. A series of online events were organized at the regional centers across the country and also at the headquarters here in Delhi.
The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Shri Amit Khare, Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and M/o Information & Broadcasting, Government of India and Chairman, IIMC.
Sh.Khare spoke on 'National Education Policy (NEP) - Philosophy
13. Nominations for Padma Awards-2021 open till 15th September, 2020 The last date for online nominations/recommendations for the Padma Awards to be announced on the occasion of Republic Day, 2021 is tomorrow (15th September, 2020). The nominations/recommendations for Padma Awards will be received online only on the Padma Awards portal https://padmaawards.gov.in.
The Padma Awards, namely, Padma Vibhushan, Padm
14. Government Initiatives for Steel Industry The steps taken by the Indian steel industry for introduction of digital and analytics in the steel making processes include the following initiatives:-
Identification of the finished product till the end customer through introduction of Quick Response (QR) code based traceable tags where quality and genealogy can be tracked.
Centralized Yard Management for all finished products to reduce rake retention time and improved identification and handling of the mat
17. Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL) get BIS Certification for all its products Hindustan Organic Chemicals Limited (HOCL), a PSU under the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has been granted Bureau of Indian Standards - BIS certification for all its products.
HOCL has been a pioneer in the manufacturing of Chemicals since its inception and quality is its motto since then. The company is supporting and implementing the Make in India initiative of Government of India in one or other way.
All the products of the company are widely b
18. Corporatisation of OFB The Cabinet Committee on Security in its meeting held on 29.07.2020, has approved to convert Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), a subordinate office of Ministry of Defence, into one or more than one 100% Government owned corporate entities, registered under the Companies Act 2013.
The Corporatisation of OFB will improve its autonomy, accountability and efficiency in Ordnance Supplies.
The Government has taken note of the strike by workers of OFB against the proposed corporatisation and the
19. Organic Food Processing Unit inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh With the inauguration of this food processing unit, 5000 farmers will be benefitted and it is expected to leverage an investment of Rs 50.33 crores, said Smt. Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries. Inaugurating the food processing unit located in Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh through video conference today, Smt. Badal said that the food processing sector is witnessing robust growth and has been identified as a champion sector by the Government of India. She added that the diverse
20. Women Officers in Helicopter Stream of Indian Navy In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream. They would in effect, be the first set of women airborne combatants who would be operating from warships. Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
These officers, Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLtRiti Singh, are a part of a group of 17 officers of
21. Union Minister of Education dedicates the permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the Nation Union Education MinisterShri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today dedicated permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the nation. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Prof. Sarit K Das, Director, IIT Ropar and Shri Ravinder Kumar, Registrar, IIT Ropar and the other dignitaries also participated in the event.
While addressing the participants Shri Pokhriyal congratulated the IIT Ropar fraternity and complimented the students and researchers for stepping to
22. MOHUA Constituted a consultative group of Urban Development Ministers on 29.05.2020 15th Finance Commission (15th FC) in its Report for 2020-21 has recommended that for Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) to qualify for Finance Commission grants from 2021-22 onwards, States will have to notify floor rates for property tax and thereafter show consistent improvement in collection in tandem with the growth rate of State’s own Gross State Domestic Product(GSDP). Additionally, Ministry of Finance, as part of the additional borrowing of 2% of GSDP to States for 2020-21 under Atma Nirbhar Bharat A
23. Last 6 years of Modi Government witnessed historic rise in MSP: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said today that the during the last 6 years of Modi Government, a number of historic steps were taken for welfare of farmers and there was a steady hike in MSP for helping in doubling their income. Interacting with Sarpanches, BDC Chairmen, Farmers Organisations and local activists of the peripheral hill districts of Doda, Reasi, Ramban and Kishtwar on the new Farm Laws enacted by the Centre, Dr. Jitendra Singh reiterated that the minimum support price (MSP) and APMC (Agr
25. Single Window System The Central Government is working on setting up a Single Window System for clearances and approvals of industry in the country. Despite the presence of several IT platforms for investing in India such as in departments of the Government of India and State Single Window Clearances, investors need to visit multiple platforms to gather information and obtain clearances from different stakeholders. To address this, the creation of a centralized Investment Clearance Cell which would provide e
26 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC4 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
31 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC12 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...