The officer is one of the most experienced pilots of the MiG-29K fleet of the Indian Navy. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor with more than 2000 hours of total flying experience. On 16 Nov 19, the Officer faced an unprecedented grave emergency whilst airborne in MiG 676 wherein, his brave and selfless decisions in a span of a few seconds alone ensured the safety of numerous civilians lives on ground. At about 1147 h, on 16 Nov 19, Capt Sheokand got airborne from Dabolim airport for a training mission with a trainee pilot in the front seat on controls. Whilst climbing and passing through 1200 feet height, MiG 676 suddenly encountered a huge flock of birds. The aircraft took multiple bird hits despite the pilot trying to avoid them, some of which ingested into both its engines resulting in instantaneous and simultaneous failures and fire on both engines. Capt Sheokand immediately took over controls from the trainee pilot and steered the aircraft to gain as much height as possible, whilst simultaneously declaring emergency on radio and trying his best to recover the aircraft. With a failed left engine and confirmed fire in right engineas well as on the aircraft accessory gearbox, the pilot realized that he had few seconds in air before it crashed below into the Zuari Oil Reserve and the heavily populated region of South Goa. The aircraft’s only other serviceable engine was on fire and actions as per Standard Operating Procedure necessitated the pilot to jettison all additional stores, which in this case was the full ventral fuel tank with 2000 Kg fuel, gain additional height and make an attempt to recover. If all this was not feasible, the only other alternative was to initiate an ejection to save himself and the trainee pilot. However, Capt Sheokand realized the impending catastrophic ramifications of jettisoning the fully loaded fuel tank into the populated area belowand allowing the uncontrolled aircraft to crash into the Zuari Oil reserve. In a calm and composed manner, the officer displayed exemplary presence of mind, superior clarity of thought and extreme selflessness, wherein, he assessed the situation in fraction of seconds and pointed the aircraft towards the only unpopulated barren land within the area before initiating the ejection to save the trainee and himself. The officer displayed outstanding professional/ superior flying skills and presence of mind in handling the emergency to prevent loss of the lives of numerous civilians and national property as well as initiating a safe ejection for himself and the trainee pilot. Capt Mrigank Sheokand, (05107-F) has been awarded Nao Sena Medal (Gallatry).
NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
CDR DHANUSH MENON (05556-A)
Cdr Dhanush Menon was deputed to Belagavi, Karnataka as the Naval Detachment Commander wef 08 Aug 19 for ‘Op Varsha Rahat’. Based on the information of two aged men being stranded atop a tree in the village of Haloli, one AU 704 (ALH) was airborne at 0730 h on 09 Aug 19. The information was however partial with an indicative area for search and a tin shed as an identifying feature somewhere near the tree. As Captain of the Aircraft, the officer undertook the highly challenging SAR mission on 09 Aug 19, in low visibility, torrential rain and amidst dangerous obstructions. The rescue site was completely inundated and in dangerous proximity (5 metres) to a high power transmission line and its pylons. The survivors had been stranded bereft of food and water for three days and were so exhausted that they were in no position to even approach the rescue basket by themselves. With turbulent river obviating chances of rescue by boat, air rescue was the only option to save the elders from the jaws of almost certain death. A standard rescue procedure with hover into wind would entail the tail rotor into high tension cables and out of sight of pilot. Rescue could be affected only by a cross wind hover which heavily degraded helicopter controllability and power margins. Isolated passing showers that rendered almost nil visibility and gusting winds of 25 knots only compounded the problems. With lives at stake, the Officer commenced rescue displaying selflessness and extra ordinary courage in face of clear and absolute danger. Standard hover height of 175 ft in gusting cross winds resulted in uncontrollable swing in the rescue basket rendering winching impossible. The Officer took the extremely dangerous decision to reduce hover height to 125 ft displaying courage and exceptional skill to maintain the aircraft at hover for 25 minutes only 15 feet clear of the hazardous obstructions and saving the lives of two souls in distress. Lowering the rescue basket at the tight spot (between the dangers of transmission tower, roof of the shed and the tree) called for exemplary situation awareness and alacrity for a precise rescue. For his selfless actions in dire circumstances, Cdr Dhanush Menon (05556 A) has been awarded Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry).
NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
HARIDAS KUNDU, CHA (FD) 130956-B
Haridas Kundu, CHA (FD), an Aircrew Diver was deployed to Belagavi, Karnataka as part of the Naval Detachment wef 08 Aug 19 for ‘Op Varsha Rahat’. On 09 Aug 19, information of two aged men being stranded atop a tree in the village of Haloli was received. Consequently, one AU 704 (ALH) was airborne at 0730 h on 09 Aug 19 in which Haridas Kundu was the rescue diver. It was a highly challenging SAR mission with low visibility, torrential rain and turbulent river current. The rescue site, inundated with water rising up to six feet, was in dangerous proximity (5 metres) to a high power transmission line and its pylons. The survivors had been stranded bereft of food and water for three days and were so exhausted that they were in no position to even approach the rescue basket by themselves. Despite dangerous conditions and regardless of his personal safety, Kundu insisted that he be winched down amidst the heavy flow of the river. Whilst being lowered, the rescue basket due to its swing in cross winds came in close proximity to the tree, pylon and the transmission tower, threatening a potentially fatal helicopter emergency. Showing exemplary presence of mind, amidst the heavy current that threatened to sweep him off the feet, he deftly cleared the basket from obstructions preventing a disaster. Further, braving the raging current over six feet high, Kundu advanced to the barely alive survivors and rescued them from the jaws of almost certain death and safely settled them onto the rescue basket. Despite the extreme risk of getting swept away with the tumultuous current, Kundu opted to stay behind while the civilians were winched to safety. For his selfless actions in dire circumstances, Haridas Kundu, CHA (FD) 130956-B has been awarded Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry).
NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
NAVEEN KUMAR, LS (UW), 230889-Z
The sailor was a part of the team that eliminated terrorists during an operation in Kashmir. With his gallant action the sailor not only saved precious lives of own troops while upholding the highest traditions of Indian Navy but was also pivotal in successful execution of the operation. For, his selfless actions in dire circumstances, Naveen Kumar LS (UW) has been awarded Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry).
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Greets the Nation on the 74th Independence Day Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas has greeted the nation on the 74th Independence day today. In a tweet message ‘From Bharat to Aatmanirbhar Bharat: The Wheel of transition’ Shri Pradhan said, “Our priorities on the domestic and international front have undergone major changes under the Modi government. In recent times, there has been much debate about whether a self-reliant India or Atma Nirbhar Bharat is compatible with globalizatio
3. Policy for Transfer of Employees In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following -
have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy
4. Need for providing a comprehensive and objective account of the historical events: Vice President The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today stressed the need to give for providing a comprehensive, authentic and objective account of the historical events.
He was speaking after releasing the book, ‘NETAJI—India’s Independence and British Archives’ authored by Dr. Kalyan Kumar De, an associate member of the Netaji Subash Bose-INA Trust at Upa-Rashtrapati Nivas.
Observing that the book contains some interesting documents that throw light on the great cont
5. Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States: Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States.
Under this Mission, for promotion of bamboo products, 172 processing units for value addition of Bamboo, 97 primary processing units for Management of Bamboo waste
6. Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh interacting with All India Toppers of Civil Services Exam 2019 in New Delhi Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today felicitated All India Toppers of IAS/ Civil Services Exam 2019, the result of which was declared recently. These included Pradeep Singh All India Rank - 1 hailing from Haryana, Jatin Kishore All India Rank - 2 belonging to Delhi and Pratibha Verma All India Rank - 3 whose home state is Uttar Pradesh.
7. Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure The15th edition of the Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure(CSMOP) 2019 released in December 2019 lays down in Table 8.1 (page 81) the specific provisions for correspondence with Members of Parliament. The Manual of 2019,lays down that communications received from Members of Parliament should be attended to promptly. Where a communication is addressed to a Minister, it should, as far as practicable replied to by the Minister himself. In other cases, a reply should normally be issued over the si
8. DGCA Undertakes Special Safety Audit of all Scheduled Airlines in India The DGCA is carrying out special safety audit of all the scheduled airlines in the country. For the Airports, spot inspections at 13 licensed airports have been carried out during the monsoon season by the DGCA.
Regulatory audit of scheduled airlines is carried out every two years as per the Manual of Regulatory Audit. However based on the findings during surveillances, spot checks, complaints, voluntary report and severity of occurrence, risk based audits are carried out in the form of special
9. Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju to launch unique Fit India Freedom Run on August 14 The Sports Ministry is set to organise the largest country-wide run, the Fit India Freedom Run from August 15 to October 2, which boasts of a unique concept. In keeping with the current pandemic situation and social distancing norms, the government has decided to encourage participants of the event to run at their own pace - anywhere and at any time of their convenience.
10. Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju virtually launches the Fit India Freedom Run today Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju launched the Fit India Freedom Run through an online programme on Friday. The country-wide run promises to become a fitness phenomenon with a host of government and private organizations joining in to participate in it. In view of the nation-wide Corona pandemic, the Fit India Freedom Run has been ideated in a unique way. Participants can run at their own place (wherever they are) and at their own pace (at a time convenient to them) betwe
12. GALLANTRY MEDALS TO NAVAL PERSONNEL ON INDEPENDENCE DAY 2020 NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
CAPT MRIGANK SHEOKAND (05107-F)
The officer is one of the most experienced pilots of the MiG-29K fleet of the Indian Navy. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor with more than 2000 hours of total flying experience. On 16 Nov 1
13. Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah conveys greetings to mark Independence Day Union Home Minister, Shri Amit Shah has conveyed greetings to mark Independence Day. On the occasion of India’s 74th Independence Day, the Union Home Minister unfurled the National Flag at his residence here today. In his message, Shri Amit Shah said,“On the occasion of Independence Day, I bow before those who contributed to India’s freedom with their valour and sacrifice and I also pay my respects to those brave men and women who made the supreme sacrifice in the cause of the nati
15. Parliament passes the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020 today The Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda Bill 2020 has been passed by Rajya Sabha today. The Bill was earlier passed in Lok Sabha on 19th March, 2020. This paves the way to establish a state-of-the-art Ayurvedic institution called the Institute of Teaching and Research in Ayurveda (ITRA) at Jamnagar, Gujarat, and to confer the status of Institution of National Importance (INI) to it.
The ITRA is sought to be established by conglomerating the presently existing Ayurveda institute
16. Jal Jeevan Mission promotes research and development Jal Jeevan Mission is being implemented in partnership with States, to enable every household in villages to have functional household tap connection by 2024. This Mission aims at ensuring potable water supply in adequate quantity (@ the rate of 55 litres per person per day) and of prescribed quality to every rural household on regular and long-term basis.
On completion of 1st year of Jal Jeevan Mission, announced by the Prime Minister in his Independence Day address to the nation from the
18. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
19. Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh Launches Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO)
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) through an online webinar. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath and other dignitaries were also present at the event.
The NIIO puts in place dedicated structures for the end users to interact with academia and industry towards fostering innovation and indigenisation for self-reliance in defence in keeping with t
22. DRDO successfully flight tests Hypersonic Technology Demonstrator Vehicle Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully demonstrated the hypersonic air-breathing scramjet technology with the flight test of Hypersonic Technology Demonstration Vehicle (HSTDV) at 1103 hours from Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Launch Complex at Wheeler Island, off the coast of Odisha today.
The hypersonic cruise vehicle was launched using a proven solid rocket motor, which took it to an altitude of 30 kilometres (km), where the aerodynamic heat shields were separated at hyper
24. PM addresses the Centenary Convocation of the University of Mysore Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the Centenary Convocation 2020 of the University of Mysore today through video conference.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said the University of Mysore is the center of the great education system of ancient India, the aspirations and capabilities of future India and has realized the vision of "Rajarshi" Nalvadi Krishnaraja Wadiyar and M. Visvesvaraya Ji.
He referred to stalwarts like Bharat Ratna Dr Sarvepalli Radhakr
25. Women Officers in Helicopter Stream of Indian Navy In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream. They would in effect, be the first set of women airborne combatants who would be operating from warships. Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
These officers, Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLtRiti Singh, are a part of a group of 17 officers of
26 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC3 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
27 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs14 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)