UGC has clarified its stand, has shared that the final year exams may be postponed but cannot be cancelled by state.. The court has concluded the hearing and reserved its order for now.
SC reserves order on UGC Case, concludes hearing
Final Year University Exams can be postponed or delayed but cannot be cancelled. Replying to the Supreme Court, the University Grants Commission argued that the degrees cannot be granted without examinations as it was a statutory mandate. It has further stated that the universities may seek to push back the September 30 deadline but cannot decide to cancel the examination.
Answering to the many representations and the argument in regards the Disaster Management Act and authority of State Governemnt to overrule UGC Guidelines, SG Mehta representing UGC stated that under the DM Act, the Central Government does have the supremacy to decide. He further argued that the entire country is working. “The students are 21-22 year olds. Can you really believe that they will not be going out ?” he questioned. Read SC Hearing on UGC Case August 18, 2020 here.
SC Decision on UGC Case on Final Year Exams 2020
Supreme Court has reserved its order in the UGC Case. The court has asked all the parties to submit a note on their submissions within three days. It is expected that the SC would announce its decision on the UGC Case after the submissions are made. It has further stated that interventions are not permitted.
SC heard the arguments on the pleas filed against the UGC Guidelines 2020 which mandate that the university examinations must be conducted for the final year students by September 30. The three judge bench constituting of Justices Ashok Bhushan, R Subhash Reddy and MR Shah heard the case for and against UGC guidelines.
Arguments were presented by the counsel for Yuva Sena in matters regarding Maharashtra University Examinations as well as the counsels representing West Bengal, Odisha and Delhi Governments. SG Tushar Mehta and Senior Advocate PS Narsimha presented arguments for the UGC's stand on conducting the examination.
Case Presented by the Petitioners for cancelling final year exams
Representing the students, Advocate Datar pointed out that the safety and welfare of the students was of paramount importance. He further pointed out that UGC had allowed the universities to chart their own course. "When the UGC back then, said chart your own course, how can they now make it mandatory,” he argued.
Justices had various questions regarding the final year examinations and if they could be skipped. They asked if the petitioners were asking for the first five semester exams/ assessment to be considered. To this the counsel answered in affirmative, stating that the student who has cleared all the exams till March 25 had completed 5 semesters and about 85% of the course.
Justice Bhushan countered that a standard as set by UGC was required. “If there is a standard fixed by UGC that without final exam, a degree cannot be given, can universities really decide to cancel the final exam? Then all the universities will come up with their own method,” shared Justice Bhushan.
Senior Advocate Jaideep Gupta representing an Organization of Teachers from West Bengal argued that internal assessment would suffice. “For those who have to take the final examination, significant portion of their examination and assessment is already complete. There is no difference between other exams and last examination,” he submitted.
Adv. Gupta further asked for the UGC Guidelines of July 6 be struck down. He argues that UGC did not hold ‘effective consultation’ as was required. “On legal arguments, this order is an executive order and is in violation of Article 14 and is arbitrary and unreasonable. This is against the Wednesbury rule. They have not even taken into consideration the difficulties faced by the State to hold offline exams. This order has to go.”
Senior Counsel KV Vishwanathan representing Delhi Government also argued that the State was well within its right to cancel the examination. “This is in pith and substance an issue of public health and states have control over it under A. 239AA (for Delhi),” he argued. He further stated that there was a class divide where the poor students were at a disadvantage.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. NRA expected to conduct CET from September,2021 onwards: DrJitendra Singh The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh in a written reply in Lok Sabha today that NRA is expected to conductCommon Eligibility Test (CET) from September,2021 onwards.
Government has set up National Recruitment Agency (NRA) vide order dated 28.08.2020, as an independent, professional, specialist organization for conduct of computer based online common
3. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs
Programme Co-Ordinator - Labour And Habitat
Youth For Unity And Voluntary Action (Yuva)
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Apply by: 14 Oct 2020
Location: Ramgarh, Jharkhand
Apply by: 20 Oct 2020
4. Best Self Employment Ideas To Start Making Money On Your Own The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help yo
5. NEET exams concluded successfully
The National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test, NEET examination which was organised across the country , concluded successfully.
Education Minister Ramesh Pokshriyal Nishank said that according to National Testing Agency, NTA around 85 to 90 per cent students appeared in NEET exam.
Mr Pokhriyal thanked all Chief Ministers and DG, NTA for prop
6. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Health Economist
Centre for Health Policy(CHP),Asian Development Research Institute(ADRI)
Location: Patna, Bihar
Apply by: 10 Oct 2020
Research & Learning Specialist
New Education Group - Foundation for Innovation and Research in Education (NEG-FIRE)
7. Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in
Date of Advertisement
Last Date for applying
Advertisement for filling up post of two positions of Consultants on contract basis in NDMA. Details.
8. Women showing an impressive show in PCS exams Prayagraj: Last week, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) declared the final result of Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Exam (2018), commonly known as PCS. The results showed that besides being the first time that all the three toppers were female candidates, over one fourth of the total posts were bagged by candidates of the fair sex.
10. Digital Skills to Jobless People Digital Skills are crucial in the post Covid era to ensure skilling for the youth and also to address the requirements of Industrial Revolution 4. Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry plays a key role in the implementation of long term training schemes including training in the latest cutting edge technologies. DGT has entered into an MOU with IBM in June 2020 for Free Digital Learning Platform “Skills Build Reignite” to reach more Job Seekers and provid
11. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 08 Oct 2020
Residential Female & Male Social Worker
12. West Bengal Freeship Scheme West Bengal Freeship Scheme
The West Bengal Free ship Scheme (WBFS) has been introduced from the year 2011. WBFS is for the under Graduate students level in Engineering & Technology/ Pharmacy/ Architecture programmes conducted by the self financing private Engineering and Technical Institutions of the State. The waiver is limited to the tuition fee for all the institutions concerned. All other fees except tuition fees will have to be
14. Government Approves National Recruitment Agency Government Approves National Recruitment Agency
As we have already informed visitors of this blog about a proposal by the Central Government for Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Non-Gazetted vacancy posts. This proposal was formally announced b
15. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs Grant Manager
Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives (APPI)
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 11 Nov 2020
Medical Officer (MBBS) , Dermatologist (MD/ DVD)
The Leprosy Mission Trust India
Location: Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh
Apply by: 09 Nov 2020
17. Cancel NEET, JEE Main 2020 entrance exams, urges Manish Sisodia Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday appealed to the central government to cancel medical and engineering entrance exams JEE and NEET in view of the Covid-19 situation.
He also said that an alternative admission methodology should be used this year and the exams should not be conducted.
On Friday, Education Ministry officials had said the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) will be conducted in Septe
18. Final Year Exams can be postponed but not cancelled: UGC to Supreme Court UGC has clarified its stand, has shared that the final year exams may be postponed but cannot be cancelled by state.. The court has concluded the hearing and reserved its order for now.
SC reserves order on UGC Case, concludes hearing
Final Year University Exams can be postponed or delayed but cannot b
20. Correction in Application Form UGC-NET JUNE 2020 National Testing Agency has reopened the UGC NET 2020 application correction window after which admit cards would be released on the official website ugcnet.nta.nic.in- Check details here
UGC NET 2020 application correction window reopened | Photo Credit: Representative Image
National Testing Age
21. What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore? What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore?http://educratsweb.com/users/images/3798-contents.pngThe National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore will not accept the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores this academic year and will instead conduct its own National Law Aptitude Test (NLAT) for admissions to undergraduate and postgr
23. Aishwarya Sheoran – Former Miss India Finalist and UPSC Rank 93
The results of the Civil Services Exam, 2019, were announced by the Union Public Service Commission on 4 August. Several inspiring success stories came to the forefront, including that of Aishwarya Sheoran, a former Miss India finalist, who defied stereotypes and went on to secure a rank of 93 in the prestigious examination.
Aishwarya Sheoran, Femina Miss India 2016 finalist,
25. Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme
With a view to assisting the meritorious students belonging to economically backward families in the State of West Bengal to pursue higher studies, the Government of West Bengal introduces this scheme of giving scholarships at different levels of higher studies, at educational institutions based in West Bengal. The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme has been thoroughly revamped in the year 2016 to cover more
26 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan0 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
29 NIPER Hyderabad Non-Teaching Recruitment 2020 Vacancies#Telangana8 Days Remaining for Apply Online Applications on prescribed format are invited at The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research (NIPER), Hyderabad (Telangana) from the eligible Indian Nationals for direct recruitment of the following 16 Non-faculty Government Job vacancy posts on regular basis through open competition on all India basis. (Advt. No. NIPER-HYD/02/2020-21)
36 Recruitment of Technical Job Vacancy in ECIL 2020#Jobs1 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Technical Job Vacancy in ECIL 2020
Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) has openings for dynamic and result-oriented professionals with experience for the Recruitment of following Govt. Job Vacancy positions of Technical Officers, Scientific Assistants and Junior Artisan purely on a fixed tenure contract basis, for a period of Two Years (extendable depending on&nbs ...
37 Specialist Officer Recruitment UCO Bank 2020#Bank16 Days Remaining for Apply Specialist Officer Recruitment UCO Bank 2020
UCO Bank, a leading listed Public Sector Bank having headquartered in Kolkata invites Online applications in the prescribed format for recruitment to the various government job vacancy posts in Specialized category in JMG Scale-I and MMG Scale-II in the Specialist Officer cadre in various specialist disciplines.
Specialist Officer Recruitment in UCO Bank 2020
38 UPSC Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I) 2021#UPSC29 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (II), 2020 on 7th February 2021 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Naval Academy, Ezihimala, Air force Academy, Hyderabad, and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the courses (Men and Women) for recruitment of following 345 Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers in Navy, Army, and Indian Air Force. (UPSC Advt. No. 2/2021.CDS-I)
Online application on prescribed format i ...
39 Scientist Vacancy Recruitment in NCCS 2020#Jobs22 Days Remaining for Apply National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS), Pune is an autonomous institute of the Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, and is looking for Recruitment of Scientists and visionary academic leaders with an outstanding record of research accomplishments. (Advertisement No. 03/2020 )
NCCS invites application in the prescribed format for the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Scientist at various levels and different disciplines.
ISRO NCCS Scientist Recruitmen ...