Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised national level entrance test for admissions to twenty two National Law Universities (NLU) in India. Most private and self-financed law schools in India also use these scores for law admissions. Public sector undertakings in India like ONGC, Coal India, BHEL, Steel Authority of India, Oil India etc. also use CLAT Post Graduation ( CLAT PG) scores for recruitment of legal positions in the companies. The test is taken after the Higher Secondary Examination or the 12th grade for admission to integrated under-graduate degree in Law (BA LL.B) and after Graduation in Law for Master of Laws (LL.M) programs offered by these law schools.
Before the introduction of CLAT, the National Law Universities conducted their own separate entrance tests, requiring the candidates to prepare and appear separately for each of these tests. The schedule of the administration of these tests sometimes conflicted with the other or with other major entrance tests such as the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination and the All India Pre Medical Test. This caused students to miss tests and experience much stress.
There are twenty-three National Law Universities in India, the first of which is the National Law School of India University, which admitted its first batch of students in 1987. Out of twenty three, the National Law University, Delhi conducts its own separate entrance test known as All India Law Entrance Test. With the emergence of other law schools, which also sought to conduct their admission tests at around the same time, students faced a hard time preparing for them. From time to time this issue to conduct a common entrance exam to reduce the burden of the students to give multiple test was raised, but given the autonomous status of each law school, there was no nodal agency to co-ordinate action to this regard.
The matter drew national attention when a Public Interest Litigation was filed by Varun Bhagat against the Union of India and various National Law Universities in the Supreme Court of India in 2006. The Chief Justice of India directed the Union of India to consult with the National Law Universities to formulate a common test. The move was strongly supported by the Bar Council of India.
Given the lack of a central nodal authority to bring forth a consensus on the issue, the Ministry of Human Resources Development, (Government of India) and the University Grants Commission of India organised a meeting of the Vice-Chancellors of seven National Law Universities along with the Chairman of the Bar Council of India. After a few such meetings, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed by the Vice-Chancellors of the seven National Law Universities on 23 November 2007 to conduct a common admission test. The Common Law Admission Test was to be conducted each year by each of the law colleges and the responsibility of conducting the exam was to be rotated and given on the basis of seniority in the establishment. Nonetheless, the matter has not been resolved completely as there are other national law universities that were not taking part in CLAT. However, finally in 2015, a fresh MoU was signed by the sixteen National Law Universities, except for National Law University, Delhi for the CLAT 2015 being conducted by Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow whereby all the National Law Universities are now part of the centralized admission process without anyone being left out.
Only Indian nationals and NRIs can appear in the test. The foreign nationals desirous of taking admission to any course in any of the participating Law Universities may directly contact the concerned University having seats for foreign nationals.
The eligibility requirements are as follows: Under-Graduate Courses
Senior Secondary School/Intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from a recognised Board with not less than 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC and ST candidates). There is no upper age restriction for the test.
LL. B/B. L. Degree or an equivalent degree from a recognised University with not less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% in case of SC and ST candidates). The candidates who have passed the qualifying degree examination through supplementary/ compartment and repeat attempts are also eligible for appearing in the test and taking Admission provided that such candidates will have to produce the proof of having passed the qualifying examination with fifty-five/fifty percent marks, as the case may be, on the date of their admission or within the time allowed by the respective universities.
This law entrance exam is of two hours duration. The CLAT question paper consists of 150 multiple choice questions. There are five sections in CLAT exam paper wherein students need to answer questions from subjects such as:
English including Comprehension
Current affairs including General Knowledge
All the questions will be paragraph based starting from CLAT 2020. One paragraph will be followed by 5-6 questions. The break up of marks is generally as follows - English 30, Current Affairs including General Knowledge:37, Quantitative Techniques:15, Logical Reasoning:30 and Legal Reasoning:38.
Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, aspirants are given one mark and for each wrong answer 0.25 marks are deducted from their total score.
As of CLAT 2020, 22 law schools are participating. 37 other affiliate law schools are eligible to use the scores but other law schools may also use it. In addition, many public sector institutions including Oil India and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, are likely to use CLAT PG scores for recruitment.
List of National Law Universities
The list of National Law Schools in India according to their year of establishment are:
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad
National Law Institute University, Bhopal
The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
National Law University, Jodhpur, Jodhpur
Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow
National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
Chanakya National Law University, Patna
National Law University, Delhi
National Law University, Odisha, Cuttack
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam
National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi
National Law School and Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati
Tamil Nadu National Law University, Trichy
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University, Sonipat, Haryana
Method of allocation
The CLAT form provides the students with a preference list. Each student fills the preference list, according to the colleges he/she desires. On the basis of these preferences and ranks obtained, students are allocated colleges. As the NLUs are established by the respective state governments, therefore most NLUs also have reservations for their domiciled candidates.
The first CLAT Core Committee consisting of Vice-Chancellors of the seven participating NLUs at that time decided that the test should be conducted by rotation in the order of their establishment. Accordingly, the first CLAT was conducted in 2008 by the National Law School of India University. Subsequently, CLAT-2009, CLAT-2010, CLAT-2011, CLAT-2012, CLAT-2013, CLAT-2014, CLAT-2015, CLAT-2016, CLAT-2017, CLAT-2018 and CLAT-2019 have been conducted by NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad, National Law Institute University, The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, National Law University, Jodhpur, Hidayatullah National Law University, Gujarat National Law University, Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Chanakya National Law University, National University of Advanced Legal Studies and National Law University Odisha respectively. Now CLAT 2020 is conducted by Consortium of NLUs, which was formed in March, 2019
The Consortium of National Law Universities conducts the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). For details about CLAT Visit https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Jobs Fair By National Career Service Jobs Fair By National Career Service
National Career Service is a Five Year Mission Mode Project launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on 20th July, 2015. The project is being implemented by the Directorate General of Employment, Ministry of Labour & Employment. National Career Service (NCS) is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India. It works towards bridging the gap be
3. BRAOU commences online direct admission process The online direct admission for undergraduate, postgraduate, PG diploma and certificate programmes of Dr.B R.Ambedkar Open University (BRAOU) for the academic year 2020-21 is underway.
In a press release, the university on Friday said candidates who passed BRAOU’s eligibility test in 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019 can take the direct admission into UG courses. The last date for the admission and payment of tuition fee is September 10.
The admission prospectus has made available on t
5. Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in Various Jobs in ndma.gov.in
Date of Advertisement
Last Date for applying
Advertisement for filling up post of two positions of Consultants on contract basis in NDMA. Details.
6. 4.8L aspirants write PTET exam, result within 15 days The state-level PTET exam was conducted by the Government Dungar College of Bikaner on Wednesday.
Exam co-ordinator G P Singh said out of the total 1.89 lakh candidates registered for the four-year course, around 1.57 lakh took the test, the total percentage being 82.86%. Similarly, out of 3.67 lakh candidates registered for the two-year course, 3.26 lakh took the examination and the total percentage was 88.85%.
Singh said efforts will be made to declare the results in 15 days. He said that
7. Women showing an impressive show in PCS exams Prayagraj: Last week, the Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) declared the final result of Combined State/Upper Subordinate Services Exam (2018), commonly known as PCS. The results showed that besides being the first time that all the three toppers were female candidates, over one fourth of the total posts were bagged by candidates of the fair sex.
9. Cancel NEET, JEE Main 2020 entrance exams, urges Manish Sisodia Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday appealed to the central government to cancel medical and engineering entrance exams JEE and NEET in view of the Covid-19 situation.
He also said that an alternative admission methodology should be used this year and the exams should not be conducted.
On Friday, Education Ministry officials had said the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) and the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG) will be conducted in Septe
10. National Recruitment Agency In order to mitigate the hardships to candidates seeking Government jobs by providing the same platform to all candidates, and with a view to set a new standard of equity and inclusiveness in recruitment, Government has set up the National Recruitment Agency (NRA), vide order, dated 28.08.2020. The NRA will be an independent autonomous organization to conduct the Common Eligibility Test (CET) to screen/shortlist candidates for certain categories of posts in Central Government, for which recruitment is ca
11. Digital Skills to Jobless People Digital Skills are crucial in the post Covid era to ensure skilling for the youth and also to address the requirements of Industrial Revolution 4. Directorate General of Training (DGT), under the Ministry plays a key role in the implementation of long term training schemes including training in the latest cutting edge technologies. DGT has entered into an MOU with IBM in June 2020 for Free Digital Learning Platform “Skills Build Reignite” to reach more Job Seekers and provid
12. 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs 2200 Home-based, Remote NGO, UN Jobs
Programme Co-Ordinator - Labour And Habitat
Youth For Unity And Voluntary Action (Yuva)
Location: Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
Apply by: 14 Oct 2020
Location: Ramgarh, Jharkhand
Apply by: 20 Oct 2020
13. NRA expected to conduct CET from September,2021 onwards: DrJitendra Singh The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, DrJitendra Singh in a written reply in Lok Sabha today that NRA is expected to conductCommon Eligibility Test (CET) from September,2021 onwards.
Government has set up National Recruitment Agency (NRA) vide order dated 28.08.2020, as an independent, professional, specialist organization for conduct of computer based online common
14. Government Approves National Recruitment Agency Government Approves National Recruitment Agency
As we have already informed visitors of this blog about a proposal by the Central Government for Common Eligibility Test (CET) for Non-Gazetted vacancy posts. This proposal was formally announced b
15. IGNOU to allow provisional admission for July 2020 session without qualifying exam result IGNOU July 2020 admissions: Provisional admissions allowed this year
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) on Saturday released a press statement announcing that it will allow provisional admission to the applicants of July session 2020 without producing the results of qualifying examinations, this year. This has been done keeping in mind the Covid-19 pandemic situations due to which several educational institutions in the country are affected and hence the declaration of th
16. IGNOU Admission 2020 Application Date Extended To September 30 Students willing to take admissions in Indira Gandhi National Open University or IGNOU can send applications until the end of this month. The admissions committee has added more time in the wake of coronavirus pandemic. Check out the latest dates and other details about IGNOU admission.
IGNOU admission 2020 extended
17. Latest BBA Admissions 2020 Live Updates Various B-Schools have begun the admission process for BBA program while many management institutes are about to start. To get the latest updates on the admission process of B-schools offering BBA program Careers360 brings to you the latest information and updates on BBA admission process. Check the complete list below:
DU BBA Admission 2020
Delhi University will conduct DU JAT 2020 for admission to BBA program executed at various colleges of DU. Authorities began the
18. Best Self Employment Ideas To Start Making Money On Your Own The 9-5 schedule may not suit everybody. Many of you must have thought of being self-employed at one point in life. Starting your own business is not easy. It has its pros and cons. However, the pros outweigh the cons when you have a great idea and are willing to work hard for it. It can be a very rewarding experience to be self-employed. All you have to do is play to your strengths and be well aware of your weaknesses. Let’s read more about different kinds of self-employment ideas that can help yo
19. What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore? What is NLAT 2020? How do I Apply for NLSIU Bangalore?http://educratsweb.com/users/images/3798-contents.pngThe National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore will not accept the Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) scores this academic year and will instead conduct its own National Law Aptitude Test (NLAT) for admissions to undergraduate and postgr
21. Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia Indian NGO, Aid, UN jobs on devnetjobsindia
Location: Bangalore, Karnataka
Apply by: 08 Oct 2020
Residential Female & Male Social Worker
22. IBPS RRB 2020 Mock Test Released @ibps.in - Check Details here Institute of Banking Personnel Selection has released the online IBPS RRB mock test for the IBPS RRB 2020 prelims exam of Office Assistants and Officer Scale - I. Candidates can appear in the IBPS RRB online mock test to understand the IBPS RRB 2020 exam pattern and examination system. IBPS already released the IBPS RRB 2020 admit card for both the posts of Officer Scale - I as well as Office Assistants. As per the IBPS RRB 2020 exam dates, the exam is scheduled on September 12 , 13 and September 19, 20,
23. Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India Google launches Kormo Jobs app in India
Kormo Jobs: Find jobs & grow your career
Employers use the Kormo Jobs app to hire job seekers. It only takes a few minutes to set up your basic profile, and get a beautiful digital CV that you can share, print, or apply directly to jobs listed on the app. If you take the time to fill out your background, experiences, and interests then we’ll match you for relevant jobs - let employers come to you!
The more you use th
25. Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) Common Law Admission Test
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a centralised national level entrance test for admissions to twenty two National Law Universities (NLU) in India. Most private and self-financed law schools in India also use these scores for law admissions. Public sector undertakings in India like ONGC, Coal India, BHEL, Steel Authority of India, Oil India etc. also use CLAT Post Graduation ( CLAT PG) scores for recruitment of legal positions i
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
27 Maha Metro Pune Project Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21 #Jobs1 Days Remaining for Apply Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-Metro) invites applications from Indian Nationals for the Recruitment of following Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. (Advertisement No. MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S-NS)/2020/).
29 Recruitment of Experienced Technical Professionals in NFL 2020#Bank1 Days Remaining for Apply National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is looking for qualified, bright, young, energetic, dynamic and result oriented Engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in various disciplines for its various Units / Offices.
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by the NFL for recruitment of following the 30 Management Trainee Technical vacancy recruitment. (Advt. No. 05/2020)
30 UP PSC Inter College Lecturer vacancy Recruitment 2020#Uttar Pradesh2 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Lecturer (Inter College/School) (प्रवक्ता - राजकीय इंटर कॉलेज) under Lecturer (Male/Female) Government Inter College, Examination - 2020 for Secondary Education Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A-3/E-1/2020).
31 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
32 Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in NPCIL GHAVP Unit 2021#Jobs5 Days Remaining for Apply Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (GHAVP) under Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is planning for recruitment of the following Government Jobs of Staff through Online application in the prescribed format in NPCIL GHAVP at district Fatehabad (Haryana). (Advertisement No: NPCIL/GHAVP/HR/RECTT/2021/01)
NPCIL Haryana GHAVP Unit Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2021
33 Recruitment of Personal Staff Vacancy in High Court Madras #Tamil Nadu14 Days Remaining for Apply Applications in the prescribed format through online mode are invited for filling up the following Personal Staff Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Personal Assistant to the Honourable Judges (ii) Personal Assistant to the Registrars and (iii) Personal Clerk to the Deputy Registrars in the Madras High Court Service in High Court of Madras at Chennai (Tamil Nadu) (Advertisement no. 159/2020)
Madras High Court Personal Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21
Madras High Court Personal Staff&n ...
34 IBPS IT Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 2021 #Bank19 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body, has been authorised by the IBA, invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for selection of personnel to the following Information Technology (IT) Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts in IBPS.
IBPS IT Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Windows: 01 vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Frontend: 02 vacancies
35 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs9 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
36 Recruitment for Regular and Fixed Job vacancy in HIL India Limited 2021#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply HIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Hindustan Insecticides Limited), a Govt. of India Enterprise, under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, invites application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri job vacancy posts on a Regular and Fixed Tenure basis for the year 2021.
HIL India Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Finance Manager: 02 vacancies in E-4 cadre on a r ...