At a time when the country's economy took a severe jolt due to Covid-19 lockdown, the flagship Prime Minister Employment Generation Program (PMEGP) implemented by Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) progressed at a much rapid pace. Thanks to a major decision of the Ministry of MSME introducing a new&faster mechanism in approving the PMEGP projects, the approval of projects during the first five months of this financial year, i.e. from April 1, 2020 to August 18, 2020, increased by a whopping 44%.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC), has approved and forwarded 1.03 lakh project applications to the financing banks as compared to 71,556 projects during the corresponding period last year and thus registering a jump of 44%.
PMEGP is the flagship employment generation program of the Central government and KVIC is the nodal agency for implementing the scheme. The Ministry on April 28, this year amended the guidelines to do away with the role of the District Level Task Force Committee (DLTFC) in approving the PMEGP projects. The role of DLTFC, headed by the District Collectors, was time consuming. As such, the swift execution of projects under PMEGP and KVIC was demanding doing away with the same as this important scheme required greater priority. As per the amended guidelines, KVIC, the nodal agency for implementing PMEGP scheme, was entrusted the task of clearing the applications from prospective entrepreneurs and forward it to the Banks for taking credit decisions.
During the period from April to August in 2020, financing banks sanctioned 11,191 projects and Rs 345.43 crore margin money was disbursed to applicants as compared to Rs 276.09 crore margin money disbursed for 9161 projects in the first five months of previous year, i.e. 2019. The number of sanctioned projects by banks thus increased by 22% while the disbursement of margin money by KVIC increased by 24% as compared to previous year.
The faster implementation of PMEGP projects this year assumes greater significance as the entire country was under lockdown for most part of these five months. The higher number of projects also signifies the government’s resolve to create self-employment and sustainable livelihood for the people by promoting local manufacturing.
KVIC Chairman Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena said the massive jump in approval of PMEGP projects is a result of the Prime Minister’s call for “Minimum Government, Maximum Governance”. “Discontinuing the role of District Collectors has ensured swift implementation of the projects. However, the banks must also expedite the process of sanctioning funds so as to benefit the maximum number of applicants. Timely disbursal of funds is crucial for execution of projects and creating employment in the country,” Saxena said.
Khadi and Village Industries Commission
Comparison of PMEGP Performance from 1st April to 18th August in 2019 and 2020
1st April to 18th August 2019
1st April to 18th August 2020
No. of applications received
No of Applications forwarded by KVIC to financing banks
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT APARNA ENTERPRISES WINS MANDATE TO SUPPLY TILES FOR AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA RESIDENTIAL PROJECT
Mumbai, 19thNovember, 2020: One of the leading players in the building materials segment, Aparna Enterprises Limited has been awarded a prestigious contract to provide Double Charged Tiles for Airports Authority of India residential quarters being constructed at Trichy and Coimbatore. The contract is r
4. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
7. Indian Railway launches digitised online Human Resource Management System (HRMS) Indian Railway has launched completely digitized online Human Resource Management System (HRMS). Human Resource Management System (HRMS) is a high thrust project for Indian Railways to leverage improved productivity & employee satisfaction. It is a move to improve efficiency and productivity of Railway system and a step towards realizing the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. HRMS is expected to create a big impact on th
9. Government Initiatives for Steel Industry The steps taken by the Indian steel industry for introduction of digital and analytics in the steel making processes include the following initiatives:-
Identification of the finished product till the end customer through introduction of Quick Response (QR) code based traceable tags where quality and genealogy can be tracked.
Centralized Yard Management for all finished products to reduce rake retention time and improved identification and handling of the mat
11. International Sign Languages Day (23 September) Celebrated By DEPWD, M/O Social Justice& Empowerment ‘International Sign Languages Day’ was celebrated at a virtual function organized by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous body under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowermenthere today. United Nations has declared 23rd September as International Sign Language Day. The theme of this year is ‘Sign Languages are for everyone’ with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
12. Arunachal Pradesh will provide tap water to all rural homes by 2023 Arunachal Pradesh has again received a very high rainfall in the current monsoon season. Many of the drinking water supply installations dependent on the surface sources have faced the fury of natural calamities in terms of flash flood, cloud bursts, landslides and erosions. The Ledum multi village water supply project feeding potable drinking water to Bilat circle, Oyan-Sille Circle and Ruksin headquarter covering 19 villages with population of 21,287 under East Siang D
13. Payroll Reporting in India – A Formal Employment Perspective The National Statistical Office(NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the press note on Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September, 2017 to July, 2020 based on the administrative records available with selected government agencies to assess the progress in certain dimensions. A detailed note is annexed.
A detailed note is annexed
14. Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States: Dr. Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh today said in a written reply in Lok Sabha that Restructured National Bamboo Mission(NBM) is being implemented in 23 States including North East States.
Under this Mission, for promotion of bamboo products, 172 processing units for value addition of Bamboo, 97 primary processing units for Management of Bamboo waste
15. Payroll Reporting in India – A Formal Employment Perspective The National Statistical Office(NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation has released the press note on Employment Outlook of the country covering the period September, 2017 to June, 2020 based on the administrative records available with selected government agencies to assess the progress in certain dimensions. A detailed note is annexed.
A detailed note is anne
16. Income Tax Department conducts search in Jharkhand and West Bengal. The Income Tax Department has carried out search and survey operations on 25th September, 2020 at around 20 residential and business premises of a prominent group having operations in Jharkhand and West Bengal. The group is engaged in trading of various commodities, production of vanasapati ghee, real estate and tea estates. The group is having real estate projects in Kolkata.
During the search substantia
17. Steps taken by Government to support tribal communities during Covid pandemic Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA) has constituted a team of officers to prepare the roadmap and take necessary measures for implementation/realization of initiatives to restore growth in the economy after the Covid-19 Pandemic. On request of MoTA, the Ministry of Home Affairs has vide Order No. 40-3/2020-DM-I(A) dated 16/04/20 issued guidelines aiming to relax the provisions of lockdown for Collection, harvesting and processing of Minor Forest Produce(MFP)/ Non Timber Forest Produce (NTFP) by STs and oth
18. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
19. ECGC Limited ECGC Limited was set up in 1957 in Mumbai under the Companies Act 1956 to provide export credit insurance services to exporters and banks to promote and support exports from India.
The performance details of ECGC for the last three financial years and current year are given below:
(Amount in ₹ Crore)
20. Extension of date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India today issued notification, extending the date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 as 1.1.2021 in place of 1.9.2020.
This decision allows domestic manufacturers four months of extra time to make necessary arrangements for compliance of standards in view of difficulties arising out of COVID-19 pandemic.
21. Modernisation of Armed Forces The details of Budget Estimates (BE), Revised Estimates (RE) and Actual Expenditure (Actuals) on the modernization(Capital Acquisition) of Armed Forces, under Defence Services Estimates (DSE), for the last five years and the current year are as under:-
(Rs. in Crore)
23. Long-Term, Time-Bound, National Level Strategy to Tackle Air Pollution-National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) The Central Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner with targets to achieve 20% to 30% reduction in Particulate Matter concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration. Under NCAP, 122 non-attainment cities have been identified across the country based on the Air Quality data from 2014-2018. A list of Smart Citie
25. Summary of Flood Situation as per Rainfall Forecast Based on the rainfall forecast, following advisories are issued by CWC for various States -
Odisha, Andhra Pradesh &Telangana
Heavy to very heavy with isolated extremely heavy falls are likely over Telangana, Vidarbha and Chhattisgarh during next 24 hours. Due to ongoing extremely heavy rainfall, River Godavari is also getting good flows due to rain in Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Telangana. Polavaram project on River Godavari in Andhra Pradesh is likely to get a