Simulation of Business Systems: An Applied Approach
By Prof. Deepu Philip | IIT Kanpur
The application of computer simulation to industrial settings is taught. The course will introduce the basic concepts of computation through modeling and simulation that are increasingly being used by architects, planners, and engineers to shorten design cycles, innovate new products, conduct process improvements, optimize system performance, and so on. Areas covered include system structure, system analysis, model construction, data collection, and computer simulation languages. The students will gain skills on scientific study of open ended business problems by designing a representative model, implementing the model, completing a verification and validation process of the model, conducting experiments with the model for establishing performance measures, reporting on the model in written form, and changing the model to reflect corrections and modifications to do alternative analysis.
INTENDED AUDIENCE : Students of all Engineering and Science disciplines.
PREREQUISITES : The student should have completed six semesters of UG Engineering or Science program.
INDUSTRY SUPPORT : Manufacturing companies: HAL, NAL, SAIL, ISRO, BHEL, L&T, BEL, BDL, TATA, DRDO, Automotive manufacturers, DELL, HP, Pharmaceuticals, Johnson & Johnson, Abbott, UPL, etc. Service Industries: Banks (SBI, UBI, HDFC, ICICI, Canara Bank, PNB, etc.), Hotels (Taj, Oberoi, Accor group (IBIS, NOVOTEL, PULLMAN), Holiday Inn, Leela Kempinski, etc., Shopping Malls, Airports (GMR, GVR, etc.), and so on.
•Introduction to Simulation
•Simulation and decision process
•Introduction to Arena and SIMAN
•Single server simulations
•Monte Carlo simulations
•Validation and verification of simulation models
•Designing experiments using simulation
•Simulation of production shop systems
•Sensitivity analysis using simulation
•Service industry simulation
•Call center simulation
•Optimization of system using simulation
BOOKS AND REFERENCES
1. Simulation Modeling and Analysis by Law & Kelton, Tata McGraw Hill
2. Simulation with Arena by Kelton, Sadowski & Sweats, Tata McGraw Hill
3. Computer Simulation by Watson & Blackstone.
4. Numerical Analysis, Modelling and Simulation, Griffin Cook, Larsen and Keller Education
Prof. Deepu Philip
Deepu Philip is a faculty of Industrial & Management Engg. Department and Design Programme of IIT Kanpur. He works in the area of Production and Operations, Systems Simulation, Product Life Cycle Management, Unmanned Aerial Systems, and Systems Engineering. He holds bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering with his doctorate in Industrial & Management Engineering from MSU Bozeman. He has both academic and industrial experience with leading organizations of the world. He has experience in designing and implementing complex system of systems in different fields including defense, aviation, fertilizer, strategic chemical plants, transportation, banking, automation, health care, energy, and communication.
• The course is free to enroll and learn from. But if you want a certificate, you have to register and write the proctored exam conducted by us in person at any of the designated exam centres.
• The exam is optional for a fee of Rs 1000/- (Rupees one thousand only).
• Date and Time of Exams: 29th March 2020, Morning session 9am to 12 noon; Afternoon Session 2pm to 5pm.
• Registration url: Announcements will be made when the registration form is open for registrations.
• The online registration form has to be filled and the certification exam fee needs to be paid. More details will be made available when the exam registration form is published. If there are any changes, it will be mentioned then.
• Please check the form for more details on the cities where the exams will be held, the conditions you agree to when you fill the form etc.
CRITERIA TO GET A CERTIFICATE:
• Average assignment score = 25% of average of best 6 assignments out of the total 8 assignmentsgiven in the course.
• Exam score = 75% of the proctored certification exam score out of 100
• Final score = Average assignment score + Exam score
YOU WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A CERTIFICATE ONLY IF AVERAGE ASSIGNMENT SCORE >=10/25 AND EXAM SCORE >= 30/75.
• If one of the 2 criteria is not met, you will not get the certificate even if the Final score >= 40/100.
• Certificate will have your name, photograph and the score in the final exam with the breakup.It will have the logos of NPTEL and IIT Kanpur. It will be e-verifiable at nptel.ac.in/noc.
• Only the e-certificate will be made available. Hard copies will not be dispatched.
Course Status :
Course Type :
Start Date :
27 Jan 2020
End Date :
20 Mar 2020
Exam Date :
29 Mar 2020
Enrollment Ends :
03 Feb 2020
This is an AICTE approved FDP course
Enroll in this Course visit https://onlinecourses.nptel.ac.in/noc20_mg05/preview
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We would love to hear your thoughts, concerns or problems with anything so we can improve our website educratsweb.com ! Email us at email@example.com and submit your valuable feedback. Save this page as PDF