The Government of India, the Government of Maharashtra, Mumbai Railway Vikas Corporation and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) today signed a loan agreement for a $500 million Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III to improve the network capacity, service quality and safety of the suburban railway system in Mumbai.
The Project is expected to increase network capacity in the region with the reduction in journey time and fatal accidents of commuters. It is estimated that among primary beneficiaries of the project, 22% are female passengers who will benefit from improved safety and quality of service.
The loan agreement was signed by Shri Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, on behalf of the Government of India, Shri Sanjay Kumar, Chief Secretary on behalf of the Government of Maharashtra, Shri R. S. Khurana,Chief Managing Director on behalf of the Mumbai Rail Vikas Corporationand Shri Rajat Misra, Director General (Acting), Investment Operations on behalf of the AIIB.
Shri Khare said that this project will assist in improved mobility, service quality and safety of passengers of the sub urban railway system of Mumbai, by providing faster, more reliable and higher quality transport services compared to road-based transport. There will be direct safety benefits to passengers and the public through introduction of trespass control measures.
With a population of 22.8 million (2011), Mumbai Metropolitan Region (MMR) is the most populous metropolitan region in India and is expected to reach 29.3 million by 2031 and 32.1 million by 2041. This population growth represents the core driver behind Mumbai’s urban expansion, compelling the state of Maharashtra to prioritize sound urban and infrastructure planning which balances economic activities, mobility as well as the optimization of environmental and social outcomes.
Around 86 per cent of Mumbai commuters rely on public transport. However, supply has not kept pace with rising travel demand. The Mumbai suburban railway network, which carries three quarters of all motorized travel (78 per cent of passenger km or eight million passengers per day) increasing at three per cent annually, suffers from some of the most severe overcrowding in the world. User experience is further compromised by low amenity of carriages, substandard stations and station access, and serious safety concerns. Between 2002-2012, there were more than 36,152 fatalities (on average, 9.9 fatalities per day) and 36,688 injuries on the Mumbai suburban railway network. A key reason for accidents and deaths is trespassing at or between stations as well as overcrowding of both stations and train cars.
AIIB Vice President D.J. Pandian saidthat this project represents another major step in supporting our member countries in their efforts to provide transport capacity while removing transport bottlenecks, and thus improving the daily commuting experience of millions of Mumbaikars. In line with our Transport Sector Strategy, the Mumbai Urban Transport Project-III will also help in reducing carbon emissions by shifting passengers away from higher-carbon road transport towards efficient and convenient rail-based mobility. In addition, female passengers will benefit from improved safety and quality of service.
The total estimated cost of the project is $997 million, of which $500 million will be financed by the AIIB, $310 million by the Government of Maharashtra and $187 million by Ministry of Railways. The $500 million loan from the AIIB has a 5-year grace period and a maturity of 30 years.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. All States except Jharkhand choose Option-1 to meet the GST implementation shortfall Government of Chhattisgarh has communicated its acceptance of Option-1 to meet the revenue shortfall arising out of GST implementation. The number of States who have favoured Option-1 has gone up to 27. All States except Jharkhand and all the 3 Union Territories with Legislative Assembly have decided in favour of Option-1.
The States & Union Territories who choose Option-1 are getting the amount of shortfall arising out of GST implementation through a special borrowing window put in p
2. PM addresses International Bharathi Festival 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed International Bharathi Festival 2020 through video conferencing and paid tributes to the Bharathiyar on his Jayanti. The festival is being organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi. The Prime Minister Congratulated the Scholar Shri Seeni Viswanathan, for receiving the Bharathi Award for this year who was presented the award during the event.
The Prime Minister said d
3. MOHUA launches Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families today, as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme, in the presence of representatives of various Central Ministries and State officials. Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared. Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central S
4. Indian Railways Launches Hospital Management Information System Trial Project Indian Railways has launched another major IT initiative towards according priority for the well-being of its work force. TheHospital Management Information System (HMIS) has been launched by Dr. B. P Nanda, Director General, Railway Health services, Railway Board through virtual meanstoday i.e. on 11th December, 2020 in the presence of Sri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Centra
5. PM to address Centenary Celebrations of AMU on 22 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will address the centenary celebrations of Aligarh Muslim University on 22 December, 2020 at 11 AM via video conferencing. Prime Minister will also release a postal stamp during the event. Chancellor of the University His Holiness Syedna Mufaddal Saifudin and Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank will also be present on the occasion.
AMU became a University in 1920, through an Act of Indian Legislative Counc
6. Arunachal Pradesh Govt Purchases 1 Lakh Khadi Face Masks for School Children The Arunachal Pradesh government is procuring another 1 lakh tri-color Khadi face masks for its school children. As the state government prepares to re-open schools for class VIII students from January 4, 2021, it has placed a repeat purchase order for 1 lakh cotton masks. Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) will deliver the masks by December 27.
The repeat order comes just over a month after KVIC supplied 60,000 face masks to the Arunachal Pradesh government in November this year. T
7. Fit India Cyclothon getting huge response, around 13 Lakh people participated in the first week of its launch The Second edition of Fit India Cyclothon is getting huge response all over the country.Union Sports Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju recently launched this event via social media. This mega cycling event started on 7th December 2020 and participants from across the country are participating in this. Till 15 December, 12,69,695 people participated in the Fit India Cyclothon and completed 57,51,874 kilometers of cycling. It includes 3,11,458 participants of Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS); 4,14,354 participa
8. Ministry of Tourism organises Domestic Tourism roadshow in Goa Ministry of Tourism, Government of India organised the domestic tourism road show in Goa today through its IndisTourism office in Goa . This event was organised in collaboration with Goa Tourism and Travel and Tourism Association of Goa (TTAG).
This B2B event and second in series of domestic tourism Road Shows in the Western and Central Region that the Ministry of Tourism has planned to conduct since the Covid–19 outbreak was inaugurated byMs. Rupinder Brar , Additional Director General,
11. Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY) proves to be a Boon for fishermen across the country The fisheries sector has been recognized as a powerful income and employment generator as it stimulates growth of a number of subsidiary industries and is a source of cheap and nutritious food, at the same time it is an instrument of livelihood for a large section of economically backward population of the country. Fishery sector occupies an important place in the socio-economic development of the country. "Fisheries is a fast-growing sector in India, which provides nutrition and food security to a
12. International Science Literature Festival – VIGYANIKA organized to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan CSIR-National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (CSIR-NISCAIR), Ministry of Earth Sciences (MOES) and Vijnana Bharati (VIBHA) jointly organised the inaugural session of Vigyanika-International Science Literature Festival on the opening dayof IISF 2020 on the virtual platform to mark the birth anniversary of Srinivasa Ramanujan.Addressing the participants and invitees, Dr Ranjana Aggarwal, Director, CSIR-NISCAIR & CSIR-NISTADS stated that the event
15. MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT HO CHI MINH CITY Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City on 24 December 2020 as part of Mission Sagar-III. This Mission is part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
The ship will deliver 15 Tons of HADR Stores for the flood-affected people of Central Vietnam, which will be handed over to Vietnam’s Central Steering Committee for National Disaster Prevention and Control. This assis
16. Defence Secretary Launches DGNCC Digital Forum The Defence Secretary Dr Ajay Kumar launched the DGNCC Digital Forum, here today. This Digital Forum hosted on the DGNCC website, will provide a platform to National Cadet Corps cadets all over the country to share their experiences of various NCC activities.
Speaking at this event, Defence Secretary said that this forum will help NCC cadets to share their experiences, opinions and suggestions on NCC training, Social Service and Community Development and
20. English rendering of PM’s address in the 19th Episode of ‘Mann Ki Baat 2.0’ on 27.12.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the 27th of December. Just four days later, 2021 is about to usher in. In a way, today’s Mann Ki Baat is the concluding Mann Ki Baat of 2020. The next Mann Ki Baat will commence in 2021. Friends, numerous letters written by you are there in front of me. The suggestions you sent on Mygov too are there. Many have expressed themselves over the phone. Most of the messages comprise experiences of the year gone by and resolutions for 2021. Anjali from Kolhapur
23. 8 Para athletes in four different sports included in TOPS scheme At the 50th meeting of the Mission Olympic Cell that was held on November 26, the decision to include 8 Para Athletes in four different sports Para Athletics, Para Shooting, Para Badminton and Para Table Tennis into the Target Olympic Podium Scheme was taken.
Para Athletics: Men’s Discus Thrower in F52 event Vinod Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics at the World Championships was included in the TOPS scheme. Praveen Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics in Men&rs
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs19 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Maha Metro Pune Project Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21 #Jobs4 Days Remaining for Apply Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-Metro) invites applications from Indian Nationals for the Recruitment of following Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. (Advertisement No. MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S-NS)/2020/).
33 Recruitment of Experienced Technical Professionals in NFL 2020#Bank4 Days Remaining for Apply National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is looking for qualified, bright, young, energetic, dynamic and result oriented Engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in various disciplines for its various Units / Offices.
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by the NFL for recruitment of following the 30 Management Trainee Technical vacancy recruitment. (Advt. No. 05/2020)
34 UP PSC Inter College Lecturer vacancy Recruitment 2020#Uttar Pradesh5 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Lecturer (Inter College/School) (प्रवक्ता - राजकीय इंटर कॉलेज) under Lecturer (Male/Female) Government Inter College, Examination - 2020 for Secondary Education Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A-3/E-1/2020).
38 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
39 Recruitment of Staff Vacancy in NPCIL GHAVP Unit 2021#Jobs8 Days Remaining for Apply Gorakhpur Haryana Anu Vidyut Pariyojana (GHAVP) under Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) is planning for recruitment of the following Government Jobs of Staff through Online application in the prescribed format in NPCIL GHAVP at district Fatehabad (Haryana). (Advertisement No: NPCIL/GHAVP/HR/RECTT/2021/01)
NPCIL Haryana GHAVP Unit Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2021
41 Scientist and Driver Recruitment in NBRI Lucknow 2020-21#Jobs41 Days Remaining for Apply CSIR- National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, a premier plant science research institute under CSIR. CSIR-NBRI invites applications in the prescribed recruitment form from enthusiastic, innovative and young Indian researchers having an excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements for Recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancies of Scientists and Vehicle Driver Job Vacancies in CSIR CBRI. (Advertisement No. 02/2020)
CSIR NBRI Scientist and ...
42 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs16 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
43 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020-21 for Gujarat and Karnataka States#Jobs3 Days Remaining for Apply
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited for Gujarat and Karnataka Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Gujarat and Karnataka states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
44 Recruitment of Personal Staff Vacancy in High Court Madras #Tamil Nadu17 Days Remaining for Apply Applications in the prescribed format through online mode are invited for filling up the following Personal Staff Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Personal Assistant to the Honourable Judges (ii) Personal Assistant to the Registrars and (iii) Personal Clerk to the Deputy Registrars in the Madras High Court Service in High Court of Madras at Chennai (Tamil Nadu) (Advertisement no. 159/2020)
Madras High Court Personal Staff Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21
Madras High Court Personal Staff&n ...
45 Recruitment of Probationary Officers in ECGC Ltd. 2021#Jobs14 Days Remaining for Apply ECGC Limited invites online applications in the prescribed format for the recruitment for Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Probationary Officers (PO) from Indian citizens in various specialist/ generalist disciplines.
ECGC limited Probationary officer Recruitment 2021
ECGC Probationary Officer Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Probationary Officers: 59 vacancies (UR-25, EWS-05, OBC-16, SC-09, ST-04) (PWD-04), Pay Scale: ₹32795-62315 (Under revision since 2017), A ...
46 Technical & Support Staff Vacancy Recruitment in CDRI Lucknow#Uttar Pradesh19 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited from technically qualified persons for the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Technical & Support Staff as Technical Officer, Technical Assistant, and Technician at various levels in CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow in the areas of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pre-clinical Sciences and Scientific & Technical support divisions of CSIR-CDRI. (Advt. No. 11/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog dot com.
CDRI Technical and Support Sta ...
47 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC2 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...
48 Police Constable Vacancy Recruitment by Haryana SSC Advt. No. 4/2020#Haryana24 Days Remaining for Apply Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC/HRYSSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Constables (Male/Female) in Group-C in Haryana Police. (Advt. No. 4/2020)
Haryana SSC Police Constable Recruitment Advt. No. 4/2020
Haryana SSC Police Constable Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Male Constable (General Duty): 5500 vacancies
49 IBPS IT Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 2021 #Bank22 Days Remaining for Apply Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS), an autonomous body, has been authorised by the IBA, invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible candidates for selection of personnel to the following Information Technology (IT) Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts in IBPS.
IBPS IT Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Windows: 01 vacancies
Analyst Programmer - Frontend: 02 vacancies
50 Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment by RPSC 2021#Rajasthan30 Days Remaining for Apply Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) invites Online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment for the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Vidhi Rachanakar (विधि रचनाकार) for Rajasthan Law and Legal Affairs Department of Rajasthan Government (Advt. No. 07/EP-I/2020-21).
Rajasthan PSC recruitment examination requires hard work, dedication, and extensive study. The details of RPSC Vidhi Rachanakar Vacancy Recruitment 2021 are given below. ...