Lung cancer, the most common cause of cancer-related death worldwide, is tough to detect at early stages, making it difficult to treat. Scientists may soon have a solution in the form of diagnostic therapy for lung cancer which paves the way for personalized medicine.
Recently researchers from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR), an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India, have developed a theranostics (diagnostic therapy) drug candidate for lung cancer. The research work funded jointly by DST, BRICS Multilateral R&D Projects grant, and SwarnaJayanti Fellowship Grant was published in the journal Theranostics.
The selective recognition and imaging of oncogene specific non-canonical DNA secondary structures (G-quadruplex-GQ structures) holds great promise in the development of diagnostic therapy (theranostics) for cancer and has been challenging due to their structural dynamics and diversity.
Prof. T. Govindaraju, along with his team from JNCASR, developed a small molecule for selective recognition of BCL-2 GQ through unique hybrid loop stacking and groove binding mode with turn on far-red fluorescence response and anticancer activity demonstrating the potential as GQ-targeted lung cancer theranostics.
The JNCASR team reported the theranostic activity of TGP18 molecule by turn on fluorescence recognition of BCL-2 GQ through unique hybrid binding mode as well as its anti-lung cancer activity and tissue imaging potential. Their strategy of specific topology recognition through hybrid binding mode led to capitalize on the gains of oxidative stress and genome instability to kill lung cancer cells in vivo. In addition, TGP18 with turn on emission band at the lower edge of far-red to NIR spectroscopic window proved to be a viable probe for tumour tissue imaging. Collectively, theranostic agent TGP18 with outstanding biocompatibility showed in vivo tumor inhibition and tissue imaging, indicating excellent clinical translational potential.
G-quadruplexes (GQs) are non-canonical DNA secondary structures which regulate a wide range of cellular processes, including expression of several oncogenes. In cancer cells, stabilization of GQs leads to replication stress and DNA damage accumulation and therefore considered as promising chemotherapeutic target. Despite the significant attempts to combine therapeutic and diagnostic properties in a single formulation, there are no concerted reports on small molecule theranostics. Similarly, there are no molecules reported for the topology selective recognition of myriad of GQs, especially oncogenic GQs.
This study by the JNCASR team revealed that the selective recognition originating from the distinct loop structure of GQ that alters the overall probe interaction and binding affinity. TGP18 binding to anti-apoptotic BCL-2 GQ ablates the pro-survival function and elicit anti-cancer activity by inducing death in cancer cells. The JNCASR team deciphered that inhibition of BCL-2 transcription synergized with signalling cascade of nucleolar stress, DNA damage, and oxidative stress in triggering apoptosis signalling pathway. Intervention of GQ mediated lethality by TGP18 translated into anti-cancer activity in both in vitro 3D spheroid culture and in vivo xenograft models of lung and breast cancer with superior efficacy for the former. In vivo therapeutic efficacy, supplemented with tumor 3D spheroid and tissue imaging potential define the role of TGP18 in GQ-targeted cancer theranostics.
According to their findings, a remarkably lower dosage of TGP18 (0.5 mg/kg) showed anti-lung tumor activity similar to anticancer drug gemcitabine at a very high dose of 100 mg/kg. The therapeutic agent TGP18 was found to reach the target tumor site as monitored by its far-red imaging of the tumor tissue.
This methodology can be further exploited to develop cancer-type specific theranostic drugs with tremendous implications in personalized medicine. A patent application has been already filed for this invention.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Shri Arjun Munda to launch Two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare tomorrow Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda will launch two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare in a collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art of Living (AoL) through video conference here tomorrow. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of Living will grace the occasion.
The first initiative ‘Strengthening PRIs’ will be launched in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayts and 150 villages of Jharkhand, in creating awareness among elected representativ
2. Gadkari to lay Foundation Stones of 9 NH projects in Tripura tomorrow Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation stones of nine National Highway projects with a total length of nearly 262 kms worth over Rs 2752 crore in Tripura tomorrow. The event will be presided-over by Chief Minister Shri Biplab Kumar Deb, in the presence of Union MoSs Dr Jitendra Singh and Gen (Retd) Dr V K Singh, Ministers from the State, Members of Parliaments, MLAs and senior officers from the Centre and the State.
The Projects, on comp
3. English rendering of PM’s address in the 17th Episode of Mann Ki Baat 2.0 on 25.10.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the festival of Vijaydashami, that is Dussehra. On this auspicious occasion, heartiest greetings to all of you. The festival of Dussehra is one of the triumph of truth over untruth. But, simultaneously, it is also the festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are carrying on with immense patience, celebrating the festival with restraint….and hence, in our ongoing fight, our victory too is assured. Earlier, people used to throng Durga Pand
5. Single Window System The Central Government is working on setting up a Single Window System for clearances and approvals of industry in the country. Despite the presence of several IT platforms for investing in India such as in departments of the Government of India and State Single Window Clearances, investors need to visit multiple platforms to gather information and obtain clearances from different stakeholders. To address this, the creation of a centralized Investment Clearance Cell which would provide e
7. Solar and Wind Power System Steps taken by the Government to implement Solar Power plants and Wind power plants on Indian Railways (IR), inter-alia, are as follows:
1. 102.8 Mega Watt (MW) rooftop solar plants commissioned.
2. 4.7 MW land based solar plants commissioned.
3. Land based solar power plant of 50 MW at Bhilai (Chhattisgarh) and 2 MW at Diwana (Haryana) are under execution. The plant at Diwana will be commissioned in September, 2020.
4. To further proliferate solar plants, IR plans
9. Violence against Women The year-wise data of crime against women as per National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) during the years 2016 to 2018 is at Annexure-I.
The Government attaches high priority to ensuring safety and security of women and has undertaken various legislative and schematic interventions in this regard. These include legislations such as ‘The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2018’, ‘The Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013’, ‘The Sexual Harassme
10. Vice President suggests inclusion of milk in mid-day meal scheme The Vice President, Shri M Venkaiah Naidu today suggested that milk could be given either as part of breakfast or the mid-day meal in order to improve the nutritional levels of children.
Shri Naidu spoke to the Union Minister for Women and Child Development, Smt. Smriti Irani in this regard and made this suggestion. The Minister assured the Vice President that the central government would consider recommending to all the States to include milk in the mid-day meal scheme.
Earlier in th
12. Union Education Minister launches Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020 In continuation of pertinent educational reforms being made by Ministry of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Education Minister virtually launched the "Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020" here today. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Senior officials of Ministry of Education and President, Council of Architecture , Ar Habeeb Khan, were also present on the occasion.
While addressing the participants S
13. Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure The15th edition of the Central Secretariat Manual of Office Procedure(CSMOP) 2019 released in December 2019 lays down in Table 8.1 (page 81) the specific provisions for correspondence with Members of Parliament. The Manual of 2019,lays down that communications received from Members of Parliament should be attended to promptly. Where a communication is addressed to a Minister, it should, as far as practicable replied to by the Minister himself. In other cases, a reply should normally be issued over the si
14. Indian Railway rolls out User Depot Module (UDM) User Depot Module (UDM) developed by CRIS (Centre for Railway Information Systems) was rolled out digitally across all User Depots of Western Railway by Sri P. C. Sharma, Member(T&RS) on 28.09.2020.
This system will be implemented shortly across all Zones of Indian Railways. Railway’s supply chain up to Stores Depots has already been digitized, however activities at user end are being done manually. Implementation of this system will bring in transformational changes from manual worki
15. Union Minister of Education dedicates the permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the Nation Union Education MinisterShri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ today dedicated permanent campus of IIT Ropar to the nation. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Prof. Sarit K Das, Director, IIT Ropar and Shri Ravinder Kumar, Registrar, IIT Ropar and the other dignitaries also participated in the event.
While addressing the participants Shri Pokhriyal congratulated the IIT Ropar fraternity and complimented the students and researchers for stepping to
16. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
17. 20 Mega Food Park projects set up with the support of Central Government Kerala's first and nation's twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated today by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan. Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Shri Rameshwar Teli was also present on the occasion. This project will give impetus to the development of food processing sec
18. Policy for Transfer of Employees In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following -
have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy
19. National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration meets the Domestic Vaccine Manufactures The National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration today met leading domestic vaccine manufactures- Serum Institute of India, Pune; Bharat Biotech, Hyderabad; Zydus Cadila, Ahmedabad; Gennova Biopharmaceuticals, Pune; and Biological E, Hyderabad.
The meeting was mutually beneficial and productive.
It provided the National Expert Group with inputs about the present stage of various candidate vaccines being developed by the indigenous manufacturers as well as their expectations from th
20. IIMC celebrates its 56th Foundation Day Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) celebrated its 56th Foundation Day today. A series of online events were organized at the regional centers across the country and also at the headquarters here in Delhi.
The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Shri Amit Khare, Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and M/o Information & Broadcasting, Government of India and Chairman, IIMC.
Sh.Khare spoke on 'National Education Policy (NEP) - Philosophy
21. Government Initiatives for Steel Industry The steps taken by the Indian steel industry for introduction of digital and analytics in the steel making processes include the following initiatives:-
Identification of the finished product till the end customer through introduction of Quick Response (QR) code based traceable tags where quality and genealogy can be tracked.
Centralized Yard Management for all finished products to reduce rake retention time and improved identification and handling of the mat
22. Strengthening of ICAR The Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) under Department of Agricultural Research and Education (DARE), GOI is the apex organisation to promote Agricultural Research and Development in the country. National Agricultural Research System (NARS) under DARE/ICAR consists of 103 Agricultural Research Institutes, 75 Agricultural Universities, 82 All India Coordinated Research Projects/Network Projects and 11 Agriculture Technology Application Research Institutes ably supported by a network of 721 K
23. Interviews for jobs abolished in 23 States and 8 UTs in India so far: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh disclosed here today that so far, interview for jobs has been abolished in 23 States and 8 Union Territories of India. This, he said, is a follow up to the abolition of interview for Group-B (Non- Gazetted) and Group - C posts in the Central Government ever since 2016.
Giving a brief about some of the path-breaking
24. Fastrack Investigation of Child Sex Abuse Cases The number of cases of child sexual abuse reported from 2009 to 2018, is available at https://ncrb.gov.in/en/crime-india.
The Government of India implements the ‘Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act, 2012’, which provides for mandatory reporting, child friendly recording of statement and evidence and speedy trial of the cases. It is stipulated in Section 44 (1) of POCSO Act, 2012 that National Commis
25. Startup Ecosystem for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurs Government of India, through Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has taken initiatives for implementing entrepreneurship development schemes and programmes for the youth and women of the Country through entrepreneurship education, handholding & mentorship and essential linkages with financial and market institutions.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a project on entrepreneurship promotion and mentoring of micro and small enterprises i
27 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
32 Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020#Delhi22 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Group-A/B/C Vacancy in AIIMS Delhi and NCI Jhajjar 2020
Online Applications on prescribed format are invited from eligible Indian citizen candidates for filling up of the following Group-A, Group-B and Group-C Sarkari Naukri Para-Medical (Non-Faculty) vacancy posts at All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi and NCI Jhajjar (Haryana) (Advt. No. 1-17/2020-Estt-I(RCT)).
AIIMS Delhi Jhajjar Group A B C Job Vacancy Recruitment ...