The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India today signed a $500 million loan, the first tranche of a total $1 billion facility, to build a modern, high-speed 82-kilometer Delhi-Meerut Regional Rapid Transit System (RRTS) corridor that will improve regional connectivity and mobility in India’s national capital region (NCR).
The signatories to the loan agreement for the Delhi-Meerut RRTS Investment Project were Shri Sameer Kumar Khare, Additional Secretary (Fund Bank and ADB), Department of Economic Affairs in the Ministry of Finance who signed for the Government of India, and Mr. Kenichi Yokoyama, Country Director of ADB’s India Resident Mission who signed for ADB. The first tranche loan will support construction of the first of three priority rail corridors planned under the NCR Regional Plan 2021 to connect Delhi to other cities in adjoining states.
“The project will provide better connectivity to allow other towns in the NCR to develop as urban economic centers surrounded by residential areas while easing the concentration pressure on Delhi,” said Shri Khare after signing the agreement. “Development of this corridor will have a huge demonstration effect and pave the way for a paradigm shift in mobility and the pattern of urban development within the region.”
“The project is expected to have a transformational impact on the development trajectory of the national capital region by introducing high-level technologies for RRTS, signaling, and station designs,” Mr. Yokoyama said. “Besides, the project will also support transit-oriented development (TOD) with systematic urban and land use planning around the RRTS corridor while promoting value capture financing (VCF) to generate additional municipal revenues.”
With a design speed of 180 km per hour and high-frequency operations of every 5–10 minutes, the 82-km corridor connecting Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi to Modipuram in Meerut in Uttar Pradesh is expected to reduce the journey time to about 1 hour from the present 3–4 hours. The RRTS will have multimodal hubs to ensure smooth interchange with other transport modes.
The first tranche financing will be used for constructing electrified tracks, signaling systems, multimodal hubs and stations with design features that are friendly to elderly, women, children and the disabled. It will also support the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) in drafting action plans on TOD, VCF instruments and public-private partnership (PPP) initiatives, setting up a smart-technology based platform, and formulating a gender-friendly workplace policy.
A $3 million grant from ADB’s Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction will support various activities, including provision of visual, hearing and mobility aids, such as wheelchairs for differently abled persons. Training for women and differently abled on safe mobility and employment opportunities and behavioral change for public transport providers will also be given. The ADB-administered multi-donor Urban Climate Change Resilience Trust Fund will provide $2.89 million to support innovations in building information modeling, universal access design features, TOD and VCF.
ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. Established in 1966, it is owned by 68 members—49 from the region.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. English rendering of PM’s address in the 17th Episode of Mann Ki Baat 2.0 on 25.10.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the festival of Vijaydashami, that is Dussehra. On this auspicious occasion, heartiest greetings to all of you. The festival of Dussehra is one of the triumph of truth over untruth. But, simultaneously, it is also the festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are carrying on with immense patience, celebrating the festival with restraint….and hence, in our ongoing fight, our victory too is assured. Earlier, people used to throng Durga Pand
2. Liposuction in Hyderabad, India | Dr YV Rao Clinic Dear excessive fat,
Nobody likes you! Why do you make way into my body without my consent?
Excessive fat around the waist and chubbiness in the thighs and back is not physically appealing. People
may call you but some might even take offense. While body shaming is not okay, but
maintaining healthy weight is important.
Some people do not gain weight after eating a lot of junk and others put on weight just by breathing air!
It is the true story
3. Steps to Revive Aviation Industry amid Covid-19 Pandemic All efforts have been made to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the aviation sector. Some of the measures taken to support the aviation sector include inter-alia:
1. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, domestic air services have been restarted in a calibrated manner. Initially only one third (33%) of the summer schedule 2020 was allowed to be operated which was subsequently increased to 45% on 26 Jun 2020 and then to 60% on 02 Sep 2020.
5. Shri Dharmendra Pradhan Greets the Nation on the 74th Independence Day Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, Union Minister of Steel and Petroleum & Natural Gas has greeted the nation on the 74th Independence day today. In a tweet message ‘From Bharat to Aatmanirbhar Bharat: The Wheel of transition’ Shri Pradhan said, “Our priorities on the domestic and international front have undergone major changes under the Modi government. In recent times, there has been much debate about whether a self-reliant India or Atma Nirbhar Bharat is compatible with globalizatio
6. Extension of date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India today issued notification, extending the date of implementation of Toys (Quality Control) Order, 2020 as 1.1.2021 in place of 1.9.2020.
This decision allows domestic manufacturers four months of extra time to make necessary arrangements for compliance of standards in view of difficulties arising out of COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Central Team to Evaluate Losses Due to Floods The primary responsibility for disaster management rests with the State Governments. The concerned State Governments undertake assessment/ evaluation of losses and provide relief measures according to the magnitude of the ground situation, in the wake of natural calamities, including flood, from the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) already placed at their disposal, in accordance with Government of India approved items and norms. For calamity of a severe nature, additional finan
10. 20 Mega Food Park projects set up with the support of Central Government Kerala's first and nation's twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated today by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan. Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Shri Rameshwar Teli was also present on the occasion. This project will give impetus to the development of food processing sec
11. Policy for Transfer of Employees In terms of instructions issued by Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT) on transfer/posting of Government employees, all Ministries/Departments of Government of India are required to have their own guidelines for transfer/posting of their employees providing for the following -
have a mechanism akin to Civil Services Board for recommending transfer; and
Respective Ministries/Departments are also required to place the transfer policy
12. National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration meets the Domestic Vaccine Manufactures The National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration today met leading domestic vaccine manufactures- Serum Institute of India, Pune; Bharat Biotech, Hyderabad; Zydus Cadila, Ahmedabad; Gennova Biopharmaceuticals, Pune; and Biological E, Hyderabad.
The meeting was mutually beneficial and productive.
It provided the National Expert Group with inputs about the present stage of various candidate vaccines being developed by the indigenous manufacturers as well as their expectations from th
13. IIMC celebrates its 56th Foundation Day Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) celebrated its 56th Foundation Day today. A series of online events were organized at the regional centers across the country and also at the headquarters here in Delhi.
The Foundation Day Lecture was delivered by Shri Amit Khare, Secretary, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education and M/o Information & Broadcasting, Government of India and Chairman, IIMC.
Sh.Khare spoke on 'National Education Policy (NEP) - Philosophy
14. Global Competition in Steel Industry Indian steel companies including the public sector steel companies have consistently enhanced their capacities, production and sales including exports over the years. Capacity for domestic crude steel production has been expanded from 109.85 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) in 2014-15 to 142.29 MTPA in 2019-20 while crude steel production has gone up from 88.98 MTPA in 2014-15 to 109.14 MTPA in 2019-20. India was a net exporter of steel in 2019-20 and during the period of April-August, 2020, steel exports
15. Misleading advertisements The Department of Consumer Affairs has launched a portal-Grievance Against Misleading Advertisements (GAMA), to enable consumers to register their grievances against misleading advertisements. 3302 complaints have been received in 2017, 4025 complaints in 2018 and 4416 complaints in 2019. The Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI), a voluntary self-regulatory organization, looks into complaints across all media. The Consumer Protection Act, 2019 provides for establishment of a Central Consumer Pro
17. Interviews for jobs abolished in 23 States and 8 UTs in India so far: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh disclosed here today that so far, interview for jobs has been abolished in 23 States and 8 Union Territories of India. This, he said, is a follow up to the abolition of interview for Group-B (Non- Gazetted) and Group - C posts in the Central Government ever since 2016.
Giving a brief about some of the path-breaking
19. Modernisation and Starting of Rake Points Modernisation of existing rake points and starting of new rake points in the country is a need based ongoing process subject to commercial justification, operational requirement, technical feasibility and resource availability. 60 works of rake point improvement have been sanctioned at a cost of Rs. 1,975 Cr. Out of these 60 works, 31 works have been completed and others are in various stages of execution.
There is no restriction in booking of rakes for movement of fertilisers. Ther
20. Cross Border Intrusion Regular attempts for infiltration by terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir are sponsored and supported from across the border. The number of attempts of infiltration and estimated net infiltration in Jammu and Kashmir, month-wise, during the last 12 months (August 2019 – July 2020) are given below:
21. Startup Ecosystem for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurs Government of India, through Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has taken initiatives for implementing entrepreneurship development schemes and programmes for the youth and women of the Country through entrepreneurship education, handholding & mentorship and essential linkages with financial and market institutions.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a project on entrepreneurship promotion and mentoring of micro and small enterprises i
22. Induction Ceremony of Rafale Aircraft into Indian Air Force The Indian Air Force will formally induct the Rafale aircraft on 10th September 2020 at Air Force Station, Ambala. The aircraft will be part of 17 Squadron, the “Golden Arrows”. The first five Indian Air Force Rafale aircraft arrived at Air Force Station, Ambala from France on 27th July 2020.
Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh and Mrs Florence Parly Minister of the Armed Forces of France will be the Chief Guest for the event. Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat, C
23. Union Education Minister launches Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020 In continuation of pertinent educational reforms being made by Ministry of Education, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, Education Minister virtually launched the "Minimum Standards of Architectural Education Regulations, 2020" here today. Minister of State for Education, Shri Sanjay Dhotre also graced the occasion. Senior officials of Ministry of Education and President, Council of Architecture , Ar Habeeb Khan, were also present on the occasion.
While addressing the participants S
24. Women Officers in Helicopter Stream of Indian Navy In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream. They would in effect, be the first set of women airborne combatants who would be operating from warships. Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
These officers, Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLtRiti Singh, are a part of a group of 17 officers of
25. Increase in Domestic Violence against Women From the beginning of lockdown due to Covid 19 pandemic, the National Commission for Women (NCW) launched an Ad campaign through electronic media and social media inviting women who have suffered any kind of violence to come forward and report it. Further, in addition to handling complaints received through regular modes, NCW has also launched a WhatsApp number 7217735372 on 10.04.2020 for reporting domestic violence cases. The additional modes provided by NCW facilitated reporting of cases, including fr
27 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching62 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
28 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan2 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
30 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC0 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
32 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar1 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
33 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC11 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
38 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
40 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management19 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com
46 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh#Himachal Pradesh7 Days Remaining for Apply India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Himachal Pradesh
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Odisha and Tamil Nadu Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the state in Himachal Pradesh. (Advertisement Numbers - R&E/77-55/2020)
50 Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020#Gujarat11 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty and Non-Teaching Vacancy Recruitment in NRTI Vadodara 2020
The National Rail and Transportation Institute (NRTI) Vadodara (Gujarat) invites online applications in the prescribed format from committed academics and practitioners with quality teaching experience, publications, and research expertise for the Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy at the level of Professor/ Associate Professor/ Assistant Professor in various areas/ disciplines and some other Non-Teaching ...