The Government of India has taken concerted efforts in the direction of expansion and modernization of major ports of the country. Infrastructure development and capacity augmentation of major ports is an ongoing process. It involves construction of new berths and terminals, mechanization of existing berths and terminals, capital dredging for deepening of drafts for attracting large vessels in port channels, development of road and rail connectivity etc. As a result, the cargo handling capacity of the major ports has gone upto 1534.91 Million Tonnes Per Annum(MTPA) as on 31st March 2020. Accordingly, Vishakhapatnam Port Trust has developed plans with investments from private sector in addition to the investments from internal resources in the major thrust areas of “deepening of channels and berths. The current capacity of Vishakhapatnam Port Trust(VPT) is 126.89 million tonnes. With the completion of ongoing capacity addition projects, the capacity is projected to be 141.64 million tonnes by FY 2023. A list of projects for modernization and mechanization accomplished by Port of Visakhapatnam are at Annexure.
Name of the Project
Mechanization of coal handling facilities and upgradation of GCB in OH to cater 200,000 DWT vessels
Development of EQ1 berth by replacing the Existing EQ1 berth and part of EQ2 berth for handling Steam coal
Development of WQ-6 berth for Liquid Cargo Terminal in the inner harbour
Development of EQ-10 berth in IH for handling liquid cargo & chemicals on DBFOT
Upgradation of the existing mechanized facility in the Outer Harbour for Iron Ore handling
Extension of the existing container terminal (DBFOT) (Progressing)
Development of Green channel berth in the North Western arm of IH by Port
Strengthening of existing EQ-7 berth in the northern arm of IH to cater 14 mtrs draft vessels
Development of WQ-7 & WQ-8 berths in the inner harbour by Port
Conversion of EQ-2 to 5 berths in the inner harbour into two new quay berths
Development of additional oil handling facility along with OR-1 and OR-2 in the inner harbour (Progressing)
Other connectivity / Logistics
Establishment of Container Freight Stations (CFS) Ph-I by existing BoT Operator M/s. VCTPL
Development of Multi Modal Logistic hub Ph-II of M/s. CONCOR
Ph-II connectivity of Vizag Port to NH-16 to 4 lane (4 kms)
Installation of 10 MW Solar Power Projects
MMLH by VPT and Balmer Lawrie & Co. (JV)
Restoration / Rehabilitation of breasting and mooring dolphin of offshore tanker terminal (OSTT) at Outer harbour
Installation of RFID Gate Management system
Installation of mobile container scanner (Progressing)
Construction of Grade separator from H7 area to PCR (Progressing)
This information was given by the Minister of State for Shipping(I/C)Shri Mansukh Mandaviya in the Rajya Sabha today in a written reply.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Remarkable translation agencies in the United States Whenever you need translation services in the United States, you are conscious that there are thousands option all over the country. You must be careful, because although there are many awesome ones, there are a lot of low-quality ones.
One the most remarkable agencies is Pangeanic. This agency headquarters is actually located abroad, in the city of Valencia, in Spain. In the United States, it has two offices, in San Francisco and in Boston. It also has offices
2. Establishment of the Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) has issued a notification, constituting Development Council for Footwear & Leather Industry (DCFLI). Shri R K Gupta will chair DCFLI for 2 years. 24 other members have also been nominated.
The Development Council for Footwear and Leather Industry has been established for the formulation and implementation of promotional and developmental measures for the growth of labour intensive footwear and leather sectors in India. To b
3. Measures to Boost Industrial Growth Rate Industrial growth depends on a number of factors including structural, external, fiscal and industrial factors. The moderation in India’s industrial growth coincides with deceleration in growth of global output. The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has severely impacted some of the major economies of the world. It has affected countries across the globe including some of the major players like USA, European Union, UK, and India. Both World Bank and IMF estimate contraction in global GD
4. Production of Sail Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) had undertaken Modernization and Expansion of its five Integrated Steel Plants at Bhilai (Chhattisgarh), Bokaro (Jharkhand), Rourkela (Odisha), Durgapur (West Bengal), Burnpur (West Bengal) and Special Steel Plant at Salem (Tamil Nadu) to enhance its Crude Steel capacity from 12.8 Million Tonne Per Annum (MTPA) to 21.4 MTPA. The Modernization and Expansion at the above Steel Plants has been completed and various facilities are under operation, stabilization and ram
5. Modernisation of Major Ports The Government of India has taken concerted efforts in the direction of expansion and modernization of major ports of the country. Infrastructure development and capacity augmentation of major ports is an ongoing process. It involves construction of new berths and terminals, mechanization of existing berths and terminals, capital dredging for deepening of drafts for attracting large vessels in port channels, development of road and rail connectivity etc. As a result, the cargo handling capacity of
6. Prices of Petrol/Diesel Prices of petrol and diesel have been made market-determined with effect from 26.06.2010 and 19.10.2014 respectively. Since then, the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) take appropriate decision on pricing of petrol and diesel, in line with international product prices and other market conditions. The OMCs have not only increased but also decreased the prices of petrol and diesel, in line with changes in international prices and rupee dollar exchange rate.
The prices of petrol and die
7. Embassy Group forays into Senior Living Embassy Group forays into Senior Living
~ Partners with Columbia Pacific Communities, India’s largest senior living community operator ~
Mumbai, October 13, 2020: Embassy Group, India’s leading real estate developer, forays into a new asset class, senior living, to cater to senior citizens in the country. The current pandemic situation has f
8. Some of the best translation agencies in the US There are many types of business translations services. These include all type of corporations, from small businesses to large organizations, as its clients. They also include different type of documents related to document processes, such as conference presentations, contract negotiations, marketing material and client meetings, among many others.
As a result of the current economic climate, a business translation takes on special relevance for companies looki
9. Rise in Price of Essential Items Details of retail inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI), brought out by M/o Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) from January to August 2019 and current year 2020 is as follows-
Consumer Price Index (Inflation %)
11. 63 AMRUT Projects worth Rs 693 Crore completed; 73 Projects worth Rs 1,875 Crore under implementation in Haryana Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) was informed that out of 136 projects taken up by the State of Haryana, 63 projects costing Rs. 693 crore have been completed and 73 projects worth Rs 1,875 crore are under implementation. The total approved State Annual Action Plan (SAAP) was Rs 2,566 crore for the state of Haryana. During an online review meeting with the senior officials of the states of Punjab, Haryana and UT of Chandigarh, Secretary MoHUA appreciated
12. Ease of Doing Business The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in coordination with Governments of States and Union Territories (UTs), is working on improving business regulatory environment in States and UTs. The exercise involves identifying reforms which bring Ease of Doing Business (EoDB), in consultation with the States and UTs. Once identified, these reforms are compiled into an Action Plan and shared with States and UTs for its imple
13. ₹ 95,480 croregross GST revenue collected in September The gross GST revenue collected in the month of September, 2020 is ₹ 95,480 crore of which CGST is ₹ 17,741 crore, SGST is ₹ 23,131 crore, IGST is ₹ 47,484 crore (including ₹ 22,442 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹7,124 crore (including ₹ 788 crore collected on import of goods).
The government has settled ₹ 21,260 crore to CGST and ₹ 16,997 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement. The total revenue earned by Central Government and the State Governments a
14. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2020-21 The Government of India, in consultation withthe Reserve Bank of India, has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds. The Sovereign Gold Bonds will be issued in six tranches from October 2020 to March 2021as per the calendar specified below:
15. The importance of translation services for companies Is your business strong in the country and you want to expand it globally? Global exposure is only possible if you prepare for it. Business communication with multiple countries requires expertise and precision. Whether you are in the public or private sector, you need professional translation services for more than one language.
What are the advantages of using translation agencies?
Better communication with customers: If your company needs to communicate
17. Ministry of MSME re-activates the micro-industrialization process in Rural India A few days ago, Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME), had announced expanding and doubling the support to Artisans who might be interested in making Agarbatti. Taking these efforts further, the Ministry has now come out with new guidelines for two more schemes which include ‘Pottery Activity’ and ‘Beekeeping Activity'.
These new initiatives of the Ministry with beneficiary oriented Self-Employment schemes, are aimed at rejuvenating the grass root econ
18. Production of Ethanol The ethanol procured for ethanol blended petrol by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in the last three years is as under:
Ethanol Supply Year (ESY)*
Quantity (in crore litre)
19. Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Mumbai- Oct 15, 2020 - Tata Elxsi, a world leading design and technology services company, is pleased to announce its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
This certification partnership further expands Tata Elxsi’s offer
20. India Post launches Five Star Villages Scheme to ensure 100% rural coverage of postal schemes The Department of Posts has launched a scheme called Five Star Villages, to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country. The scheme seeks to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages. All postal products and services will be made available and marketed and publicized at village level, under the Five Star Villages scheme. Branch offices will function as one-stop shop to cater all post office - relat
21. Boosting The Growth of Industries Promotion of industries is a continuous and ongoing effort of the Government. Government has taken a number of steps, in addition to the ongoing schemes, to boost the growth of industries. The measures taken in a few important areas are highlighted below:
Atmanirbhar Package to boost Industrial growth has been announced by the Government for Rs. 20.97 lakh crore with bold reforms in a number of sectors. The Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (
23. Are you looking for Japanese translation services? Outside of Japan and the Okinawa islands, Japan is spoken as the first language by approximately two million people: immigrants who settled in Brazil (800,000 descendants of Japanese, the number of people whose mother tongue is Japanese is unknown), other countries from South America, Hawaii (180,000) and other parts of the United States.
Another 800,000 people who speak Japanese as their native language reside outside of Japan due to a temporary change of residence for business or educational
24. Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman today inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
Secretary, Department of Financial Services Shri Debasish Panda and Chairman IBA, Shri Rajnish Kumar,were also present at the virtual event.
Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs
As part of the EASE
25. Turn Up the Brand Awareness Level with Bulk SMS Service Summary: Bulk SMS can be treated as a wise lesson that when used in the proper quantified and qualitative form it empowers sales, recognition of the brand, making it more impactful by knowing the likes and dislikes of your customers well in advance.
Brand recognition plays an important part in the money-making process; that is what smart businesses do. And to support this concept there are substantial marketing tools available that make this dream come true in a matter of some