One bright spot in this turbulent and challenging year has been therecord procurement of MFPs under the MSP for MFP Schemein 16 states which has now touchedRs. 148.12 crores.This is the highest-ever in terms of the number of MFPs, the total value of procurement and the number of states involved, since the implementation of the scheme. With this, the total procurement for the year (both Government and private trade) crossed more than Rs3000 crores, proving to be a much needed panacea in these distressing times of the Covid-19 pandemic which has disrupted lives and livelihoods of tribal people.
Over the last few months since April 2020, with the Government push and the Van Dhan scheme proving to be a catalyst and active participation from the States, the Guidelines for the Scheme for ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Development of Value Chain for MFP’ initiated to provide MSP to gatherers of forest produce and introducing value addition and marketing through tribal groups and clustershas taken firm roots across the country and found widespread acceptance.
Among the States, Chhattisgarh has taken the lead by procuring 46,857 Metric tonnes of Minor Forest Produces worth a whopping Rs 106.53 crores. Odisha and Gujarat follow with a procurement of 14391.23 MTs of MFPs worth Rs 30.41 crores and 772.97 MTs of MFPs worth Rs 3.41 crores respectively. Chhattisgarh has 866 procurement centres and the State has leveraged its vast network of Van Dhan SHGs from the 139 Van DhanKendras effectively as well. Innovations adopted such as door-to-door collection of minor forest produces by mobile units comprising of forest, revenue and VDVK officials have contributed to these high procurement values.
The unprecedented circumstances caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic threw up challenges and resulted in a severe crisis among the tribal population. Unemployment among youth, reverse migration of tribals threatened to throw the entire tribal economy off track. It is in such a scenario that the MSP for MFP presented an opportunity to all the States.
The successful implementation of the Van DhanYojana across the 22 States involving 3.6 lakh tribal beneficiaries and continuous engagement & on-boarding of the States by TRIFED has invariably acted as a catalyst for putting theMSP for MFP Scheme on the right track. In addition, government intervention and procurement provided the required boost. With an intention to revivethe sagging tribal economy, a revised set of MSP for MFP guidelines were issued on May 1 2020, which increased the MSP prices of the MFPs by up to 90% and thus helped in ensuring higher incomes for the tribal gatherers. On May 26, 2020, the Ministry also recommended the addition of 23 new items under the MSP for MFP list. These items include agricultural and horticultural produce collected by tribal gatherers.
TRIFED, as the nodal agency working to empower the tribal population, has been supporting and assisting the State in all their efforts during this crisis.With Government of India and State agencies accounting for over Rs 1000 crores at MSP, the private trade has procured over Rs2000 crores above MSP.With the injection of over Rs3000 crores in the tribal economy, the MSP for MFP Scheme has been instrumental in accelerating the transformation of the tribal ecosystem and empowering the people. With systems and processes getting firmly established across the country, the quantum of procurement will definitely increase.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Shri Arjun Munda to launch Two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare tomorrow Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda will launch two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare in a collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art of Living (AoL) through video conference here tomorrow. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of Living will grace the occasion.
The first initiative ‘Strengthening PRIs’ will be launched in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayts and 150 villages of Jharkhand, in creating awareness among elected representativ
2. Gadkari to lay Foundation Stones of 9 NH projects in Tripura tomorrow Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari will lay the foundation stones of nine National Highway projects with a total length of nearly 262 kms worth over Rs 2752 crore in Tripura tomorrow. The event will be presided-over by Chief Minister Shri Biplab Kumar Deb, in the presence of Union MoSs Dr Jitendra Singh and Gen (Retd) Dr V K Singh, Ministers from the State, Members of Parliaments, MLAs and senior officers from the Centre and the State.
The Projects, on comp
3. PM to interact with beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi Scheme from UP on 27 October Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will interact with the beneficiaries of PM SVANidhi Scheme from Uttar Pradesh on 27 October at 10:30 AM via video conferencing. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh will also be present on the occasion.
PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) scheme was launched on 1 June, 2020 to help poor street vendors, impacted by COVID-19, resume livelihood activities. Till date, a total of more than 24 lakh applications have been received under the scheme, out
4. English rendering of PM’s address in the 17th Episode of Mann Ki Baat 2.0 on 25.10.2020 My dear countrymen, Namaskar. Today is the festival of Vijaydashami, that is Dussehra. On this auspicious occasion, heartiest greetings to all of you. The festival of Dussehra is one of the triumph of truth over untruth. But, simultaneously, it is also the festival of victory of patience over crises. Today, all of you are carrying on with immense patience, celebrating the festival with restraint….and hence, in our ongoing fight, our victory too is assured. Earlier, people used to throng Durga Pand
6. 20 Mega Food Park projects set up with the support of Central Government Kerala's first and nation's twentieth mega food park in Palakkad district of Kerala was virtually inaugurated today by the Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar and Chief Minister of Kerala, Mr. Pinarayi Vijayan. Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries, Shri Rameshwar Teli was also present on the occasion. This project will give impetus to the development of food processing sec
7. Steps to Revive Aviation Industry amid Covid-19 Pandemic All efforts have been made to reduce the impact of the pandemic on the aviation sector. Some of the measures taken to support the aviation sector include inter-alia:
1. Due to COVID-19 pandemic, domestic air services have been restarted in a calibrated manner. Initially only one third (33%) of the summer schedule 2020 was allowed to be operated which was subsequently increased to 45% on 26 Jun 2020 and then to 60% on 02 Sep 2020.
8. Sector and Industry wise study of ground level issues for policy formulation is the need of the hour: Shri Nitin Gadkari Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and Road Transport & Highways has highlighted the need for sector wise and industry wise study of the ground level issues by Think Tanks so that new policies may be formulated taking into account their recommendations. He said this while addressing a webinar today. During his interaction with MSME member bodies and Sectoral Associations of FICCI, he said that all the sectors like plastic, garment, leather, pharma
9. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
10. Increase in Domestic Violence against Women From the beginning of lockdown due to Covid 19 pandemic, the National Commission for Women (NCW) launched an Ad campaign through electronic media and social media inviting women who have suffered any kind of violence to come forward and report it. Further, in addition to handling complaints received through regular modes, NCW has also launched a WhatsApp number 7217735372 on 10.04.2020 for reporting domestic violence cases. The additional modes provided by NCW facilitated reporting of cases, including fr
11. New Industrial Policies The Government is in the process of bringing out a strategy paper on boosting industrial growth which will be a roadmap for all businesses in the country.
Scheme for Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs), a sub-scheme under Pradhan MantriAwasYojana – Urabn (PMAY-U), for providing accommodation at affordable rent to urban migrants / poor has been launched on 31.07.2020 after approval of the Union Cabinet. It’soperational guidelines along with implem
12. Central Team to Evaluate Losses Due to Floods The primary responsibility for disaster management rests with the State Governments. The concerned State Governments undertake assessment/ evaluation of losses and provide relief measures according to the magnitude of the ground situation, in the wake of natural calamities, including flood, from the State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) already placed at their disposal, in accordance with Government of India approved items and norms. For calamity of a severe nature, additional finan
15. Global Competition in Steel Industry Indian steel companies including the public sector steel companies have consistently enhanced their capacities, production and sales including exports over the years. Capacity for domestic crude steel production has been expanded from 109.85 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) in 2014-15 to 142.29 MTPA in 2019-20 while crude steel production has gone up from 88.98 MTPA in 2014-15 to 109.14 MTPA in 2019-20. India was a net exporter of steel in 2019-20 and during the period of April-August, 2020, steel exports
16. Startup Ecosystem for Rural and Tribal Entrepreneurs Government of India, through Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, has taken initiatives for implementing entrepreneurship development schemes and programmes for the youth and women of the Country through entrepreneurship education, handholding & mentorship and essential linkages with financial and market institutions.
Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) is implementing a project on entrepreneurship promotion and mentoring of micro and small enterprises i
17. Financial Assistance to Migrants Central Government was fully conscious that during the period of an inevitable lockdown, people should not be deprived of essential supplies. The situation was closely monitored 24*7 through Control Rooms at national level. With a view to provide food, health care and shelter to homeless people including migrant workers, Central Government on 28.03.2020, allowed the State Governments to use State Disaster Response Fund (SDRF) for this purpose.
Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) also issued regular
19. Shri Gadkari Calls upon Apparel Export Promotion Council for taking measures to target increasing exports by two times Shri Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) has called upon the Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) to take measures for increasing exports 2 times. He also emphasized on technology upgradation and research to improve quality and remain cost competitive in the global market. He was speaking while inaugurating the Virtual Workshop- A Joint initiatives of Apparel Expert Promotion Council and MSME Ministry through Video Conference, Shri Gadkari said Government is p
21. Women Officers in Helicopter Stream of Indian Navy In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream. They would in effect, be the first set of women airborne combatants who would be operating from warships. Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
These officers, Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLtRiti Singh, are a part of a group of 17 officers of
23. Issuance Calendar for Marketable Dated Securities for October 2020 - March 2021 To enable institutional and retail investors plan their investments efficiently and provide transparency and stability to the Government securities market, an indicative calendar for issuance of Government dated securities for the second half of the fiscal year 2020-21 (October 01, 2020 to March 31, 2021) has been prepared in consultation with the Reserve Bank of India.
As evident from the calendar, the second half borrowing programme of the Government of India is expected to be completed
24. Last 6 years of Modi Government witnessed historic rise in MSP: Dr Jitendra Singh Union Minister Dr Jitendra Singh said today that the during the last 6 years of Modi Government, a number of historic steps were taken for welfare of farmers and there was a steady hike in MSP for helping in doubling their income. Interacting with Sarpanches, BDC Chairmen, Farmers Organisations and local activists of the peripheral hill districts of Doda, Reasi, Ramban and Kishtwar on the new Farm Laws enacted by the Centre, Dr. Jitendra Singh reiterated that the minimum support price (MSP) and APMC (Agr
26 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
33 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank10 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.