One bright spot in this turbulent and challenging year has been therecord procurement of MFPs under the MSP for MFP Schemein 16 states which has now touchedRs. 148.12 crores.This is the highest-ever in terms of the number of MFPs, the total value of procurement and the number of states involved, since the implementation of the scheme. With this, the total procurement for the year (both Government and private trade) crossed more than Rs3000 crores, proving to be a much needed panacea in these distressing times of the Covid-19 pandemic which has disrupted lives and livelihoods of tribal people.
Over the last few months since April 2020, with the Government push and the Van Dhan scheme proving to be a catalyst and active participation from the States, the Guidelines for the Scheme for ‘Mechanism for Marketing of Minor Forest Produce (MFP) through Minimum Support Price (MSP) & Development of Value Chain for MFP’ initiated to provide MSP to gatherers of forest produce and introducing value addition and marketing through tribal groups and clustershas taken firm roots across the country and found widespread acceptance.
Among the States, Chhattisgarh has taken the lead by procuring 46,857 Metric tonnes of Minor Forest Produces worth a whopping Rs 106.53 crores. Odisha and Gujarat follow with a procurement of 14391.23 MTs of MFPs worth Rs 30.41 crores and 772.97 MTs of MFPs worth Rs 3.41 crores respectively. Chhattisgarh has 866 procurement centres and the State has leveraged its vast network of Van Dhan SHGs from the 139 Van DhanKendras effectively as well. Innovations adopted such as door-to-door collection of minor forest produces by mobile units comprising of forest, revenue and VDVK officials have contributed to these high procurement values.
The unprecedented circumstances caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic threw up challenges and resulted in a severe crisis among the tribal population. Unemployment among youth, reverse migration of tribals threatened to throw the entire tribal economy off track. It is in such a scenario that the MSP for MFP presented an opportunity to all the States.
The successful implementation of the Van DhanYojana across the 22 States involving 3.6 lakh tribal beneficiaries and continuous engagement & on-boarding of the States by TRIFED has invariably acted as a catalyst for putting theMSP for MFP Scheme on the right track. In addition, government intervention and procurement provided the required boost. With an intention to revivethe sagging tribal economy, a revised set of MSP for MFP guidelines were issued on May 1 2020, which increased the MSP prices of the MFPs by up to 90% and thus helped in ensuring higher incomes for the tribal gatherers. On May 26, 2020, the Ministry also recommended the addition of 23 new items under the MSP for MFP list. These items include agricultural and horticultural produce collected by tribal gatherers.
TRIFED, as the nodal agency working to empower the tribal population, has been supporting and assisting the State in all their efforts during this crisis.With Government of India and State agencies accounting for over Rs 1000 crores at MSP, the private trade has procured over Rs2000 crores above MSP.With the injection of over Rs3000 crores in the tribal economy, the MSP for MFP Scheme has been instrumental in accelerating the transformation of the tribal ecosystem and empowering the people. With systems and processes getting firmly established across the country, the quantum of procurement will definitely increase.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Successful Trials of 5.56 x 30 mm Joint Venture Protective Carbine (JVPC) Defence Research and Development Organsiation (DRDO) designed 5.56x30 mm Protective Carbine has successfully undergone the final phase of User trials on 7th December 2020 meeting all the GSQR parameters. This has paved the way for induction into the services. This was the last leg of trials in a series of User trials which have been carried out in extreme temperature conditions in summer and high altitudes in winter. JVPC has successfully met the stringent performance criteria of reliability and ac
5. All States except Jharkhand choose Option-1 to meet the GST implementation shortfall Government of Chhattisgarh has communicated its acceptance of Option-1 to meet the revenue shortfall arising out of GST implementation. The number of States who have favoured Option-1 has gone up to 27. All States except Jharkhand and all the 3 Union Territories with Legislative Assembly have decided in favour of Option-1.
The States & Union Territories who choose Option-1 are getting the amount of shortfall arising out of GST implementation through a special borrowing window put in p
7. MOHUA launches Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries Shri Durga Shanker Mishra, Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs launched a programme of Socio-Economic Profiling of PM SVANidhi beneficiaries and their families today, as an additional component of PM SVANidhi Scheme, in the presence of representatives of various Central Ministries and State officials. Under this, a complete profile of each PM SVANidhi beneficiary and their family members will be prepared. Based on the profiled data, benefits of the various eligible Central S
10. 8 Para athletes in four different sports included in TOPS scheme At the 50th meeting of the Mission Olympic Cell that was held on November 26, the decision to include 8 Para Athletes in four different sports Para Athletics, Para Shooting, Para Badminton and Para Table Tennis into the Target Olympic Podium Scheme was taken.
Para Athletics: Men’s Discus Thrower in F52 event Vinod Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics at the World Championships was included in the TOPS scheme. Praveen Kumar who has qualified for the Tokyo Paralympics in Men&rs
11. PM addresses India Mobile Congress 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered inaugural address at the virtual India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 today through video conference. The theme for IMC 2020 is "Inclusive Innovation - Smart, Secure, Sustainable”. It aims to align to the Prime Minister’s vision to promote ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat’, ‘Digital Inclusivity’, and ‘Sustainable development, entrepreneurship & innovation’. It also aims to drive foreign and local investments, encourage R
13. Cabinet approves Atmanirbhar Bharat Rojgar Yojana (ABRY) The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has given its approval for Atmanirbhar Bharat RojgarYojana (ABRY) to boost employment in formal sector and incentivize creation of new employment opportunities during the Covid recovery phase under Atmanirbhar Bharat Package 3.0.
Cabinet has approved an expenditure of Rs. 1,584 crore for the current financial yearand Rs.22,810 crore for the entire Scheme period i.e. 2020-2023.
The salient features of the Scheme are
14. PM to release next instalment under PM-KISAN on 25 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will release the next instalment of financial benefit under Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN) on 25th December 2020 at 12 noon via video conferencing. With the push of a button, the Prime Minister will enable the transfer of more than Rs. 18,000 crores to more than 9 crores beneficiary farmer families.
Prime Minister will also have a conversation with farmers from six different States during the event. The farmers will share their experiences w
20. Preparation in Full Swing for Railway Recruitment Exams commencing from December, 15th, 2020 Indian Railways through its 21 Railway Recruitment Boards (RRBs) is organizing mega recruitment drive in three phases starting from 15th December, 2020 for filling up about 1.4 lakh vacancies in which more than 2.44 Crore candidates will be appearing in different cities across the country. Preparations for conduct of exams are in full swing.
First phase of the Exam will commence from 15th Dec, 2020 till 18th Dec.2020 for CEN 03/2019 ( Isolated and Ministerial categories). This will be followed
23. NEP 2020 upholds Reservation Policy as Enshrined in Indian Constitution- Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has today clarified that the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy enshrined in the Constitution of India. Following is the text of the Minister’s letter giving the details:
“This is apropos media reports attributed to PTI that have appeared on and around 24th November 2020 questioning whether the NEP 2020 upholds the Reservation Policy as in enshrined in the Constitution of India. As per the articles published,
24. BSNL, in partnership with Skylo, to introduce worlds' first, satellite-based narrowband-IoT network in India BSNL, in partnership with Skylotech India, announced today a breakthrough in satellite-based NB-IoT (Narrow Band-Internet of Things), in pursuance of the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modis vision of a truly Digital India starting with fishermen, farmers, construction, mining andlogistics enterprises. With this solution, India will now have access to a ubiquitous fabric of connectivity for millions of yet unconnected machines, sensors and industrial IoT devices.
This new ‘Made
25. PM addresses International Bharathi Festival 2020 Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed International Bharathi Festival 2020 through video conferencing and paid tributes to the Bharathiyar on his Jayanti. The festival is being organised by Vanavil Cultural Centre to celebrate the 138th birth anniversary of Mahakavi Subramanya Bharathi. The Prime Minister Congratulated the Scholar Shri Seeni Viswanathan, for receiving the Bharathi Award for this year who was presented the award during the event.
The Prime Minister said d
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
29 Recruitment for Job Vacancy in National Education Society for Tribal Students 2021#Jobs10 Days Remaining for Apply National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India (GoI) invites online applications in the prescribed format from all eligible candidates for recruitment of various Government Job vacancies in Group-B and Group-C Jobs Categories on regular basis in NESTS for which the recruitment examination will be conducted through Computer Based Test/Examination. (Advertisement No. 01)
NESTS Jobs Recruitmen ...