Ruins of the Fort of Lichhavi King Vishal ( Raja Viahal Ka Garh ), Vaishali :
Believed to be the mother of Democracy, Vaishali Garh was once the parliament house of Licchavi’s where more than seven thousand representatives of the federal assembly gathered to legislate and discuss the problems of the day.
Historians maintain that one of the world’s first democratic republics with an elected assembly of representatives flourished here in the 6th century B.C. in the time of the Vajjis and the Lichchavis.
To the north of Vaishali, an ancient city in the state of Bihar, India, is located a huge mound of 6 ft x 10 ft high, known as Raja Vishal Ka Garh. Maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), the Raja Vishal Ka Garh is as a protected monument. Raja Vishal ka Garh, spread over 81 acres and which has a mound near Vaishali village that is believed to be the remains of an ancient parliament house, has thrown up some more remarkable secrets recently: a 50-metre-long and 21-metre-high mud rampart built in the late phase of the Mauryan period (321-185 BC) and Shunga period (185-73 BC) and a brick fortification that runs above the rampart.
The excavation has revealed clear traces of human settlement till the Shunga period (185-73 BC), ASI has found terracotta figurines, shiny pottery shards and punched copper coins, which could date back to 600 BC when Vaishali used to be a power centre of the Lichchhavi Republic.Excavations at the site have unearthed evidence of a drainage system and a small ring well from the Kushan period, which may have been used to dispose garbage. The excavation has also yielded terracotta figurines of snakes, elephants and dogs, of deer horns belonging to the Gupta, Kushan and Shunga periods. A cylindrical gold bead from the Kushan period has also been discovered.
Here, you can also see one of the first parliaments of ancient India.”
The Ramayana talks of King Vishal who ruled here before the Lichchhavis. Vaishali was once also the centre for trade and industry.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Tourist Places in Saharsa Bihar This space highlights the tourist places to visit in the district. It also displays the information such as description, how to reach, where to stay and other activities at tourist place.
2. Tourist Place in Vaishali, Bihar - Ashoka Pillar Tourist Place in Vaishali, Bihar - Ashoka Pillar
Emperor Ashoka built The Lion Pillar at Kolhua. It is made of a highly polished single piece of red sandstone, surmounted by a bell shaped capital, 18.3 m high. A life-size figure of a lion is placed on top of the pillar. There is a small tank here known as Ramkund. This pillar beside a brick stupa at Kolhua commemorates Buddha’s last sermon
3. Ugana Mahadev Madhubani, Bihar Ugana Mahadev Madhubani, Bihar
Bhavani is situated in the village, 3 kms from Pandaul railway station. It is said that Lord Shiva became so influenced by the devotion of Vidyapati that he used to live with Vidyapati as a servant. According to the story of Lokmanas, Lord Shiva turned his disguise into a foolish bast and came to the Vidyapati and began to serve. While working here, he became a professor of Vidyapati. Vidyapati went wherever they went and took the gourd with them. Grow too yes w
6. Union Power Minister inaugurates REC CSR projects worth Rs. 1.64 Crore in Koilwar (Bhojpur District), Bihar Shri. R K Singh, the Minister of State (IC) for Power & New and Renewable Energy dedicated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 1.64 Crore, in Koilwar (Bhojpur Dirtict, Bihar, through video conferencing yesterday. There were a total of 14 schemes, which included 8 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 3 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 community halls. The main objective of the project is to imp
7. Maner Sharif , Patna Bihar Maner Sharif , Patna
Maner Sharif , Patna, Bihar :
Maner is a town situated 25 Km from Patna on bank of Ganga. Maner was the western gate of Patliputra (Patna) in the Mauryan rule. It is believed the town is named
9. Ongoing Railway Projects in Bihar Railway projects are sanctioned Zonal Railway wise and not State-wise as Indian Railways’ network straddles across various State boundaries. However, as on 01.04.2020, 57 projects (35 new lines, 05 gauge conversions and 17 doublings), costing ₹74,880 crore, covering a length of 5267 Km, falling fully/partly in the State of Bihar are in different stages of planning/approval/execution, out of which 1306 Km length has been commissioned and an expenditure of ₹22,123 crore has been incurred upto Mar
10. Bihar BEd CET 2020 result expected to be declared today @ bihar-cetbed-lnmu.in The Bihar BEd CET 2020 examination was conducted on September 22 in which more than one lakh students appeared.
Bihar B.Ed. CET 2020 Result
PATNA: The Bihar B.Ed. Common Entrance Test (CET) Result 2020 is likely to be released today on the official website of the exam - bihar-cetbed-lnmu.in. This year, the Bihar BEd CET
11. List of constituencies of the Bihar Legislative Assembly Bihar Legislative Assembly came into existence in 1937. The Assembly had a strength of 155 members. According to the provisions of the Constitution of India, the first General Elections in the state were held in 1952. The total strength of membership in the As
12. Cabinet approves establishment of new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has approved establishment of a new All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Darbhanga, Bihar. This will be established under the Pradhan Mantri Swasthya Suraksha Yojana (PMSSY). The Cabinet also approved creation of one post of Director in the basic pay of Rs 2,25,000/- (fixed) plus NPA (however pay + NPA would not exceed Rs 2,37,500/-) for the above AIIMS.
The total cost will be Rs.1264 crore and is like
17. Kutagarshala , Vaishali , Bihar India Kutagarshala , Vaishali , Bihar India
The Kutagarshala represents the spot were Buddha used to stay during the rainy seasons spent at Vaishali. Excavation have exposed three phase
19. Tourist Places in Jehanabad Bihar Tourist Places in Jehanabad Bihar - Barabar Caves
Barabar Caves are situated in the hilly area near Makhdumpur, 25 km south of Jehanabad. These ancient rock-cut Buddhist chambers date back to 3rd Century A.D. and are renowned as the place of origin of the Ajivika sect.
Baba Siddhnath Temple, also known as the Shiva Temple and originally known as Siddheshwar Nath Temple, is located at one of the highest peaks in the range of the Barabar Hills. The temple was built du
20. Prime Minister dedicates the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi dedicated the historic Kosi Rail Mahasetu to the Nation and inaugurated new Rail Lines and Electrification Projects in Bihar for the benefit of passengers through video conference.
Speaking on the occasion, Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi said a new history has been created in the field of rail connectivity in Bihar. He said projects worth about Rs 3000 crore like inauguration of Kosi Mahasetu and Kiul Bridge, electrification projects, promotion of Make i
22. Power Minister Shri R K Singh inaugurates developmental projects of NTPC in Bihar Shri R.K. Singh, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy and Minister of State for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India, today, inaugurated various developmental projects and facilities in Bihar. As a responsible corporate, NTPC, country’s largest power producer, is fulfilling its corporate social responsibility by creating an infrastructure for the benefit of the people of Bihar.
23. Union Power Minister inaugurates projects worth Rs 6.99 Crore in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar Shri. R K Singh, the Union Minister of State (IC) for Power & New and Renewable Energy inaugurated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 6.99 Crore, in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar, through video conferencing yesterday. There were a total of 77 schemes, which included 36 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 23 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 Chat ghaat, Construction of 3 community hall &am
27 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar2 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...