Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports implements different youth centric activities for youth development through its three major schemes, namely (i) RashtriyaYuvaSashktikaranaKaryakram (ii) National Service Scheme (NSS) (iii) Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD).
There are three organisations working for the development of Youth under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports are (i) Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS); (ii) National Service Scheme (NSS) and (iii) RG National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD). These organizations are as follows:
RG National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD):RGNIYD, Sriperumbudur, Tamil Nadu, is an ‘Institute of National Importance’ under the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India. RGNIYD functions as a vital resource centre with its multi-faceted functions of offering academic programmes at Post Graduate level encompassing various dimensions of youth development, engaging in seminal research in the vital areas of youth development and conducting Training/ Capacity Building Programmes in the area of youth development, besides the extension and outreach initiatives across the country.
Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan (NYKS):NYKS is one of the largest youth organisations in the world. NYKS has presence in 623 Districts through Nehru YuvaKendras. The Objective is to develop the personality of the youth and to engage them in nation-building activities. The areas of focus of the NYKS activities include education, health and sanitation, environment, awareness on social issues, women empowerment, civic education, disaster relief and rehabilitation, etc.
National Service Scheme (NSS):National Service Scheme (NSS) was introduced in 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service. ‘Education through Service’ is the purpose of the NSS. The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. The motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU” ‘(स्वयंसेपहलेआप’).
At present there are 1.87 Lakh Youth Clubs affiliated with Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan with membership of 36 Lakh youth volunteers across the country and NSS has about 40 lakh volunteers enrolled in 479 Universities, 17676 Colleges/ Technical Institutions and 12087 Senior Secondary Schools.
This information was given by Union Minister of State (IC) for Youth Affairs and Sports, Shri KirenRijiju in a written reply in Lok Sabha today.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Sports Funding through National Sports Federations Under the Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs), funds are provided for conduct of national championships, international tournaments in India, participation in international tournaments abroad, coaching camps, purchase of equipments, engagement of foreign coaches, etc. Budgetary allocation for Scheme of Assistance to NSFs during 2019-20 was Rs. 300.85 crore and budgetary allocation during current financial year 2020-21 is Rs. 245.00 crore.
An amount of Rs.390.42 crore has b
2. Steps taken by Government to enhance popularity of Kabaddi asa sport For making Kabaddi popular, the Government has taken following initiatives / measures:
The sports facilities of Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Gwalior and Guwahati have been made available free of cost for sports including Kabaddi for organising training programmes and sporting events.
Inclusion of Kabaddi in Khelo India Youth Games and Khelo India University Games.
(iii) 126 athletes of Kabaddi
3. SAI approves Coaching Camp for Core Olympic Probables; Opens Karni Singh Shooting Range for national squad shooters The Sports Authority of India has approved the request for training facilities at the Karni Singh Shooting Range for national squad shooters with effect from 05 Oct 2020. 64 additional shooters would be provided ammunition and target on Govt expense.
The SAI had already opened up the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range (KSSR) in New Delhi for the NRAI core group as well as the developmental group and Khelo India shooters.
SAI also understands the requirement of a dedicated camp for shooters
5. Government has recently enhanced the prize money of National Sports Awards: Shri Kiren Rijiju This Ministry is implementing the Scheme of ‘Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons’ for providing lifelong monthly pension to medal winners of Olympic Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, etc. after they retire from active sports and the Scheme of ‘PanditDeendayalUpadhyay National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons’ (PDUNWFS)’ for providing financial assistance to sportspersons of yesteryears now living in indigent circumstances. Further, Government has enhancedthe prize money
6. Measures taken by Government for athletes and coaches during Covid-19 pandemic As far as players and coaches supported by Sport Authority of India (SAI), no financial curtailment has been done. Further, during the lockdown period, players have been provided with the following facilities to continue their training:
Regular Online Training / Class conducted for athletes by the coaches to keep them motivated and fit during lock down period. Athletes were provided with online training module for daily practice.
Regular interaction with the athletes was done
7. Project under Khelo India Scheme for the State of Kerala One project proposal for construction of a 400 metre synthetic track at Medical College, Pariyaram, Kannur, Kerala at an estimated cost of Rs. 7.00 crore has been received under the Khelo India Scheme. The project proposal has been recommended by the Project Appraisal Committee of Khelo India Scheme in its meeting held on 05.08.2020. A number of similar project proposals have been received from various other States/Union Territories and other eligible entities also. At the next stage, based on the projec
8. NYKS is one of the largest youth organizations in the world: Shri Kiren Rijiju Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports implements different youth centric activities for youth development through its three major schemes, namely (i) RashtriyaYuvaSashktikaranaKaryakram (ii) National Service Scheme (NSS) (iii) Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD).
Please click here for details of the Schemes of the Department of Youth Affairs.
10. The 36th National Games allotted to Goa have been postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic The 36th National Games allotted to Goa, which was scheduled from 20.10.2020 to 04.11.2020, had been postponeddue to outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Central assistance of Rs.97.80 crore has been released to the Government of Goa for creation / development of sports infrastructure for 36th National Games.
The first Khelo India University Games was successfully conducted at Odisha from 22ndFebruary to 1st March, 2020 with total athlete participation of 3182 from 158 universities in 1
12. ACCREDITATION OF National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) has complied with the International Standards for Laboratories (ISL) and WADA requirements and has submitted the compliance report to WADA on 29th August, 2020, requesting for revoking suspension of NDTL at the earliest. The Government and NDTL have been in continuous communication with WADA in this regard. Meanwhile, India is sending dope samples to other WADA accredited laboratory.
This information was given by Union Minister of State (IC) for Youth Aff
13. Sports Ministry to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) in Meghalaya and 5 more states The Sports Ministry is set to establish the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) in Meghalaya and five more states, under the ministry’s flagship Khelo India scheme. Besides Meghalaya, five other states of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Sikkim have been identified in the second leg.
Speaking about the decision to set up the KISCEs, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju said,"These 6 new Khelo India State
20. Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat join online Fit India Freedom Run event at SAI Sonepat The Sports Authority of India’s Northern Regional Centre in Sonepatorganised an online interaction earlier today with 391 participants on the Fit India Freedom Run. Star wrestlers and Khel Ratna winners in 2019 and 2020 respectively Bajrang Punia and VineshPhogat were among the speakers at the event that lasted for one and a half hours. The event was inaugurated by Lalita Sharma, Regional Director, SAI NRC Sonepat and saw the participation of athletes and coaches from SAI Sonepat and SAI centres ac
21. Promotion of Kho Kho and Kabaddi Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India and KhoKho Federation of India, which have been given government recognition to promote the sports of Kabaddi and Kho Kho in the country, have been provided with the admissible financial assistance and other support under the various Schemes of the Ministry and the Sports Authority of India. Further, both Kabaddi and Kho Kho are part of the Khelo India Youth Games. Kabaddi and Kho Kho are also included in the list of games/sports which qualify the meritorio
22. BCCI announces schedule for IPL 2020 BCCI announces schedule for IPL 2020
The IPL Governing Council on Sunday announced the schedule for Indian Premier League 2020 to be held in UAE.
The season will kickstart on 19th September in Abu Dhabi with a blockbuster clash between defending champions Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.
After the tournament opener on Saturday, Dubai will host its first game on Sunday when Delhi Capitals take on Kings XI Punjab followed by t
24 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC5 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India