Representations alleging violations of extant laws by e-commerce companies, have been received. In this regard, representations received are being examined by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and certain alleged contraventions under the FDI Policy, are also being investigated against certain e-commerce retail companies under provisions of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 by the Directorate of Enforcement. Further, several complaints against e-commerce entities, including related associate/holding companies etc, which are operating as marketplace platforms, online sellers/service providers, search engines service providers operating in different verticals etc, regarding anti-competitive behavior, are being looked into by Competition Commission of India.
In order to provide clarity to the extant FDI Policy on e-commerce, DPIIT,had issued Press Note 2 of 2018 on 26.12.2018. However, no specific instructions have been provided by DPIIT to any e-commerce foreign companies having FDI, operating in Retail Sector. Department of Consumer Affairs, has released the Consumer Protection (e-commerce) Rules, 2020 on 23.07.2020, to clarify liability on e-commerce entities for goods/services provided. Mandatory declarations specifying country of origin, have also been imposed as requirement for e-commerce entities under the Legal Metrology (Packaged Commodities) Rules, 2011 as per O.M. WM-7(7)/2020 dated 03.07.2020 by Department of Consumer Affairs.
This information was given by the UnionMinister of Commerce and Industry, Shri Piyush Goyal, in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Embassy Group forays into Senior Living Embassy Group forays into Senior Living
~ Partners with Columbia Pacific Communities, India’s largest senior living community operator ~
Mumbai, October 13, 2020: Embassy Group, India’s leading real estate developer, forays into a new asset class, senior living, to cater to senior citizens in the country. The current pandemic situation has f
2. Impact of Covid-19 on E-commerce Various restrictions were imposed to ensure social-distancing during lock down under guidelines released by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA), from time to time. During this period delivery of essential goods, including food, pharmaceuticals, medical equipment were encouraged through e-commerce. Since, the pandemic is still ongoing, it is too early to make an assessment of the impact of the pandemic on the e-commerce sector.
E-commerce operators are liable to be registered irrespe
3. Measures to Boost Industrial Growth Rate Industrial growth depends on a number of factors including structural, external, fiscal and industrial factors. The moderation in India’s industrial growth coincides with deceleration in growth of global output. The sudden outbreak of COVID-19 has severely impacted some of the major economies of the world. It has affected countries across the globe including some of the major players like USA, European Union, UK, and India. Both World Bank and IMF estimate contraction in global GD
4. E-Commerce Retail Companies Representations alleging violations of extant laws by e-commerce companies, have been received. In this regard, representations received are being examined by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) and certain alleged contraventions under the FDI Policy, are also being investigated against certain e-commerce retail companies under provisions of Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 by the Directorate of Enforcement. Further, several complaints against e-commerce entities, includi
5. Rise in Price of Essential Items Details of retail inflation based on Consumer Price Index (CPI), brought out by M/o Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) from January to August 2019 and current year 2020 is as follows-
Consumer Price Index (Inflation %)
7. FDI IN DEFENCE SECTOR In May, 2001, the Defence Industry sector, which was hitherto reserved for the public sector, was opened up to 100% for Indian private sector participation, with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 26% both subject to licensing. Further, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry vide Press Note No. 5 (2016 Series), allowed FDI under automatic route upto 49% and above 49% through government route wherever it was likely to result in access to moder
8. Prices of Petrol/Diesel Prices of petrol and diesel have been made market-determined with effect from 26.06.2010 and 19.10.2014 respectively. Since then, the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) take appropriate decision on pricing of petrol and diesel, in line with international product prices and other market conditions. The OMCs have not only increased but also decreased the prices of petrol and diesel, in line with changes in international prices and rupee dollar exchange rate.
The prices of petrol and die
9. Some of the best translation agencies in the US There are many types of business translations services. These include all type of corporations, from small businesses to large organizations, as its clients. They also include different type of documents related to document processes, such as conference presentations, contract negotiations, marketing material and client meetings, among many others.
As a result of the current economic climate, a business translation takes on special relevance for companies looki
10. KVIC's Use of Paper Packaging in Online Sales Earns Public Accolades Khadi and Village Industries Commission’s (KVIC) venture into the E-Commerce industry just two months ago is using handmade paper packaging materials from day one to prevent plastic pollution that is along the Khadi’s principle of “Green Chemistry''.
KVIC is specifically using handmade paper envelopes/packets and handmade carton boxes for packaging of articles except for liquid materials where plastic wraps are nominally used to prevent an
11. ₹ 95,480 croregross GST revenue collected in September The gross GST revenue collected in the month of September, 2020 is ₹ 95,480 crore of which CGST is ₹ 17,741 crore, SGST is ₹ 23,131 crore, IGST is ₹ 47,484 crore (including ₹ 22,442 crore collected on import of goods) and Cess is ₹7,124 crore (including ₹ 788 crore collected on import of goods).
The government has settled ₹ 21,260 crore to CGST and ₹ 16,997 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement. The total revenue earned by Central Government and the State Governments a
12. Ease of Doing Business The Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in coordination with Governments of States and Union Territories (UTs), is working on improving business regulatory environment in States and UTs. The exercise involves identifying reforms which bring Ease of Doing Business (EoDB), in consultation with the States and UTs. Once identified, these reforms are compiled into an Action Plan and shared with States and UTs for its imple
13. Rules for E-Commerce Entities Under Consumer Protection Act As per the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020 notified under ConsumerProtection Act, 2019, an e-commerce entity is defined as any person who owns, operates or managesdigital or electronic facility or platform for electronic commerce, but does not include a seller offeringhis goods or services for sale on a marketplace e-commerce entity.
As per the Rule 4(1) of E-Commerce Rules, an e-commerce entity shall be a company incorporatedunder the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956) or the Compani
14. Home Delivery of Petrol and CNG Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) namely Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (HPCL) and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd. (BPCL) have informed that they have not offered home delivery of Petrol and CNG to their customers.
OMCs have informed that Home delivery of Diesel (HSD) is not offered by them. Door to Door delivery of fuel is not permitted at individual vehicles like two wheeler vehicles, three wheeler vehicles, four wheeler vehicles, c
15. Sovereign Gold Bond Scheme 2020-21 The Government of India, in consultation withthe Reserve Bank of India, has decided to issue Sovereign Gold Bonds. The Sovereign Gold Bonds will be issued in six tranches from October 2020 to March 2021as per the calendar specified below:
16. Investment in Defence through FDI Route In May, 2001, the Defence Industry sector, which was hitherto reserved for the public sector, was opened up to 100% for Indian private sector participation, with Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) up to 26% both subject to licensing. Further, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, Ministry of Commerce & Industry vide Press Note No.5 (2016 Series)’, has allowed FDI under automatic route upto 49% and above 49% through government route wherever it is likely to result in access
17. The importance of translation services for companies Is your business strong in the country and you want to expand it globally? Global exposure is only possible if you prepare for it. Business communication with multiple countries requires expertise and precision. Whether you are in the public or private sector, you need professional translation services for more than one language.
What are the advantages of using translation agencies?
Better communication with customers: If your company needs to communicate
19. Production of Ethanol The ethanol procured for ethanol blended petrol by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) in the last three years is as under:
Ethanol Supply Year (ESY)*
Quantity (in crore litre)
21. Boosting The Growth of Industries Promotion of industries is a continuous and ongoing effort of the Government. Government has taken a number of steps, in addition to the ongoing schemes, to boost the growth of industries. The measures taken in a few important areas are highlighted below:
Atmanirbhar Package to boost Industrial growth has been announced by the Government for Rs. 20.97 lakh crore with bold reforms in a number of sectors. The Emergency Credit Line Guarantee Scheme (
23. Are you looking for Japanese translation services? Outside of Japan and the Okinawa islands, Japan is spoken as the first language by approximately two million people: immigrants who settled in Brazil (800,000 descendants of Japanese, the number of people whose mother tongue is Japanese is unknown), other countries from South America, Hawaii (180,000) and other parts of the United States.
Another 800,000 people who speak Japanese as their native language reside outside of Japan due to a temporary change of residence for business or educational
24. Finance Minister unveils Doorstep Banking Services and declares EASE 2.0 Index Results Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman today inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs and participated in the awards ceremony to felicitate best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index.
Secretary, Department of Financial Services Shri Debasish Panda and Chairman IBA, Shri Rajnish Kumar,were also present at the virtual event.
Doorstep Banking Services by PSBs
As part of the EASE
25. Turn Up the Brand Awareness Level with Bulk SMS Service Summary: Bulk SMS can be treated as a wise lesson that when used in the proper quantified and qualitative form it empowers sales, recognition of the brand, making it more impactful by knowing the likes and dislikes of your customers well in advance.
Brand recognition plays an important part in the money-making process; that is what smart businesses do. And to support this concept there are substantial marketing tools available that make this dream come true in a matter of some