The Sports Ministry is set to establish the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) in Meghalaya and five more states, under the ministry’s flagship Khelo India scheme. Besides Meghalaya, five other states of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Sikkim have been identified in the second leg.
Speaking about the decision to set up the KISCEs, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju said,"These 6 new Khelo India State Center of Excellence is yet another step towards building a robust sports ecosystem in the country. This will help India's pursuit of excellence at the Olympics in the coming years. We are making sure that we add more state-of-the-art centres to the growing list, which will ensure that athletes proficient in a certain sport can be given the highest level of training and that these training centres provide the best facilities in the country."
Earlier this year, the Ministry had identified eight centres including Karnataka, Odisha, Kerala, Telengana and the north east states of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland in the first leg. Their existing centres will be upgraded into Khelo India State Centre of Excellence (KISCE).
These centres have been shortlisted based on the training facilities available in priority sports, infrastructure facilities and champions produced by the centre. The sports facilities were selected by each State and Union Territory, which was asked to identify the best sports infrastructure available with them or their agencies or any eligible agencies that could be developed into world-class sporting facilities.
In order to upgrade the existing centre to the KISCE, the government will extend a ‘Viability Gap Funding’ in sports science and technology support for sports disciplines practiced at the centre and also bridge the gaps in requirement of sports equipment, expert coaches and high performance managers. The support extended will be to a maximum of 3 Olympic sports per center, though support can be extended in sports science and allied fields in other sporting disciplines being run in the centre.
The six centres include:
Assam – State Sports Academy, Sarjusajai Sports Complex, Guwahati
Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu - New Sports Complex, Silvassa
Maharashtra - Sree Shiv Chhatrapati Shivaji Sports Complex, Balewadi, Pune
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Government has recently enhanced the prize money of National Sports Awards: Shri Kiren Rijiju This Ministry is implementing the Scheme of ‘Pension to Meritorious Sportspersons’ for providing lifelong monthly pension to medal winners of Olympic Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, etc. after they retire from active sports and the Scheme of ‘PanditDeendayalUpadhyay National Welfare Fund for Sportspersons’ (PDUNWFS)’ for providing financial assistance to sportspersons of yesteryears now living in indigent circumstances. Further, Government has enhancedthe prize money
2. ACCREDITATION OF National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) National Dope Testing Laboratory (NDTL) has complied with the International Standards for Laboratories (ISL) and WADA requirements and has submitted the compliance report to WADA on 29th August, 2020, requesting for revoking suspension of NDTL at the earliest. The Government and NDTL have been in continuous communication with WADA in this regard. Meanwhile, India is sending dope samples to other WADA accredited laboratory.
This information was given by Union Minister of State (IC) for Youth Aff
3. Sports Funding through National Sports Federations Under the Scheme of Assistance to National Sports Federations (NSFs), funds are provided for conduct of national championships, international tournaments in India, participation in international tournaments abroad, coaching camps, purchase of equipments, engagement of foreign coaches, etc. Budgetary allocation for Scheme of Assistance to NSFs during 2019-20 was Rs. 300.85 crore and budgetary allocation during current financial year 2020-21 is Rs. 245.00 crore.
An amount of Rs.390.42 crore has b
4. Measures taken by Government for athletes and coaches during Covid-19 pandemic As far as players and coaches supported by Sport Authority of India (SAI), no financial curtailment has been done. Further, during the lockdown period, players have been provided with the following facilities to continue their training:
Regular Online Training / Class conducted for athletes by the coaches to keep them motivated and fit during lock down period. Athletes were provided with online training module for daily practice.
Regular interaction with the athletes was done
6. Sports Ministry to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) in Meghalaya and 5 more states The Sports Ministry is set to establish the Khelo India Centre of Excellence (KISCE) in Meghalaya and five more states, under the ministry’s flagship Khelo India scheme. Besides Meghalaya, five other states of Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Assam and Sikkim have been identified in the second leg.
Speaking about the decision to set up the KISCEs, Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Shri Kiren Rijiju said,"These 6 new Khelo India State
7. The 36th National Games allotted to Goa have been postponed due to Covid-19 pandemic The 36th National Games allotted to Goa, which was scheduled from 20.10.2020 to 04.11.2020, had been postponeddue to outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Central assistance of Rs.97.80 crore has been released to the Government of Goa for creation / development of sports infrastructure for 36th National Games.
The first Khelo India University Games was successfully conducted at Odisha from 22ndFebruary to 1st March, 2020 with total athlete participation of 3182 from 158 universities in 1
8. Steps taken by Government to enhance popularity of Kabaddi asa sport For making Kabaddi popular, the Government has taken following initiatives / measures:
The sports facilities of Sports Authority of India (SAI) and Lakshmibai National Institute of Physical Education, Gwalior and Guwahati have been made available free of cost for sports including Kabaddi for organising training programmes and sporting events.
Inclusion of Kabaddi in Khelo India Youth Games and Khelo India University Games.
(iii) 126 athletes of Kabaddi
9. Project under Khelo India Scheme for the State of Kerala One project proposal for construction of a 400 metre synthetic track at Medical College, Pariyaram, Kannur, Kerala at an estimated cost of Rs. 7.00 crore has been received under the Khelo India Scheme. The project proposal has been recommended by the Project Appraisal Committee of Khelo India Scheme in its meeting held on 05.08.2020. A number of similar project proposals have been received from various other States/Union Territories and other eligible entities also. At the next stage, based on the projec
10. NYKS is one of the largest youth organizations in the world: Shri Kiren Rijiju Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports implements different youth centric activities for youth development through its three major schemes, namely (i) RashtriyaYuvaSashktikaranaKaryakram (ii) National Service Scheme (NSS) (iii) Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD).
Please click here for details of the Schemes of the Department of Youth Affairs.
11. SAI approves Coaching Camp for Core Olympic Probables; Opens Karni Singh Shooting Range for national squad shooters The Sports Authority of India has approved the request for training facilities at the Karni Singh Shooting Range for national squad shooters with effect from 05 Oct 2020. 64 additional shooters would be provided ammunition and target on Govt expense.
The SAI had already opened up the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range (KSSR) in New Delhi for the NRAI core group as well as the developmental group and Khelo India shooters.
SAI also understands the requirement of a dedicated camp for shooters
20. Bajrang Punia, Vinesh Phogat join online Fit India Freedom Run event at SAI Sonepat The Sports Authority of India’s Northern Regional Centre in Sonepatorganised an online interaction earlier today with 391 participants on the Fit India Freedom Run. Star wrestlers and Khel Ratna winners in 2019 and 2020 respectively Bajrang Punia and VineshPhogat were among the speakers at the event that lasted for one and a half hours. The event was inaugurated by Lalita Sharma, Regional Director, SAI NRC Sonepat and saw the participation of athletes and coaches from SAI Sonepat and SAI centres ac
21. Promotion of Kho Kho and Kabaddi Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India and KhoKho Federation of India, which have been given government recognition to promote the sports of Kabaddi and Kho Kho in the country, have been provided with the admissible financial assistance and other support under the various Schemes of the Ministry and the Sports Authority of India. Further, both Kabaddi and Kho Kho are part of the Khelo India Youth Games. Kabaddi and Kho Kho are also included in the list of games/sports which qualify the meritorio
22. BCCI announces schedule for IPL 2020 BCCI announces schedule for IPL 2020
The IPL Governing Council on Sunday announced the schedule for Indian Premier League 2020 to be held in UAE.
The season will kickstart on 19th September in Abu Dhabi with a blockbuster clash between defending champions Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings.
After the tournament opener on Saturday, Dubai will host its first game on Sunday when Delhi Capitals take on Kings XI Punjab followed by t
24 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching64 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
25 Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020#Rajasthan4 Days Remaining for Apply Assistant and Clerk Vacancy Recruitment by High Court Rajasthan 2020
Rajasthan High court at Jodhpur invites online application in the prescribed format for Common Competitive Recruitment Examination 2020 for Direct Recruitment to the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Junior Judicial Assistant, Junior Assistant, and Clerk Grade-II for Rajasthan High Court (RHC), Rajasthan State Legal Service Authority (RSLSA) and District Legal Service Authorities (DLSA), Rajasth ...
27 SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020#SSC2 Days Remaining for Apply SSC Junior Engineer Recruitment Examination 2020
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold a Computer Based Online Combined All India Open Recruitment Examination from 22/03/2021 to 25/03/2021 (for Computer Based Examination, Paper-I) for recruitment to the Government Job vacancy posts of Junior Engineers Group-B (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying and Contract)
29 Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna#Bihar3 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment for Non-Faculty Vacancy in IGIMS Patna
Applications are invited by the Director, Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (IGIMS), Patna (Bihar) on prescribed recruitment application proforma from Indian citizens for appointment on various Non-Teaching/Non-Faculty Para-Medical Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts at IGIMS, Patna in various departments. (Advertisement No. 08/Non-Faculty Post/Estt./GIMS/2020)
IGIMS Patna Non-Faculty Recruitment 20 ...
30 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC13 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...
36 Stenographer Recruitment Exam 2020 by SSC#SSC7 Days Remaining for Apply Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and ‘D’ Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Examination 2020 from 29/03/2021 to 31/03/2021 for Recruitment of Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’, Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India
37 UPSC Government Jobs Recruitment 12/2020 Vacancies#UPSC1 Days Remaining for Apply Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 29/10/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially Specialist (Faculty - Assistant Professor), Foreman, Scientific Assistant, Engineer etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 12/2020).
39 FSSAI invites application for engagingone Consultant/Young Professional (Legal)#Jobs0 Days Remaining for Apply he Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous statutory Authority set up under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 for laying down science based standards for articles of food and to regulate their manufacture, storage, distribution, sale and import, to ensure availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI proposes to fill-up positions inviting applications from self-motivated professionals to be engaged on contract basis as ...
40 Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020#Management21 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Manager vacancy in SPMCIL 2020
Security Printing and Minting Corporation of India Limited (SPMCIL) is looking forward to recruiting high calibre and talented professionals and invites online applications on prescribed form for the following 16 Government Job Vacancy of Assistant Manager position in various disciplines 2020. (Advertisement No. 04/2020-CP). Published at https://www.SarkariNaukriBlog.com
43 Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU) Jind 2020#Haryana4 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Teaching Faculty in CRSU Jind 2020
Online applications are invited for the following Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy positions at the levels of Professor and Associate Professors for Direct Recruitment on Regular Basis in Ch. Ranbir Singh University (CRSU), Jind, Haryana in the various subjects/disciplines (Advertisement No.: 05/2020).
Faculty Vacancy Recruitment CRSU Jind 2020
CRSU Jind Teaching Faculty Recruitment 2020 Vacanc ...