As one enters Anjaw district the first major land mark is Tidding marked by a strong bridge laid over brilliant clear aquamarine running water of the Tidding river. Undulating slopes greets a traveler quietly edging for a moment of respite and nature photography. Nearest accommodation is available at Hayuliang.
At a distance of 500 km from Itanagar by road, 100 km from Tezu, Hayuliang ADC Headquarter is home to both Tawrah Mishmi also known as Diagaru Mishimi and Kaman Mishmi also known as Miju Mishimi .It is said that in the local dialect the word Hayuliang means’ place of respite’. It is situated at 750 metres above sea level and has a cool and pleasant climate. The place offers a splendid view of the confluence of Lohit and Dalai Rivers and is adorned with mesmerizing natural beauty. A twin semi urban area has come up at Khupa and in the stretch between Khupa and Hayuliang one crosses one of the biggest establishments of the Department of Health in the state marked by the upcoming District Hospital at Swamy Camp which has been announced as Kalikho Pul Memorial Hospital by the Government of Arunachal Pradesh in memory of Lt. Kalikho Pul former CM of Arunachal Pradesh.
Chaglagam is known for highest yield of Large Cardamom production in the State and Chaglagam Circle with its headquater at Chaglagam is known for being one of the interior most progressive circles. This area enjoys a lot of shade thus encouraging proliferate growth of the shade loving large cardamom. Located on the left bank of the Dalai River which joins the Lohit at Hayuliang . Chaglagam is situated at altitude of 1258 metres above sea level. The Dalai river along the road to Chaglagam presents a fresh undisturbed scenery for nature lovers and is ideal for adventure lovers offering wondrous experience of mountaineering, trekking, and angling.
Hawai, the District Headquarter of Anjaw district is situated on the left bank of Lohit River. According to Kaman Mishmi dialect Hawai means ‘pond’ and testimony to the name is an Acre of land in the centre of Hawai earlier a pond and now being used for perennial paddy cum pisciculture. A beautiful township located at a height of 1296 metres above sea level above the roaring Lohit River, the town is connected by a cable suspension bridge popularly known as the Anjaw bridge. The Anjaw bridge at Chequinty on the Lohit connecting Hawai with the main BRTF road is an engineering marvel and the bridge adds to the beauty of the place. It is a motorable cable suspension bridge with span of 156.55m , one of the longest in North Eastern Region. The beautiful scene of the Lohit valley and the commanding height of the township makes Hawai one of the most beautiful places in Arunachal Pradesh.
Old Hawai / Walla ,Watong :- Located at 3 kms distance from Hawai township, the twin villages of Walla and Watong offers a view into ethnic culture of the area. Few district headquater level assets like Circuit house, Helipad, CHC are located within its perimeter.
Walong is situated at an altitude of 1094 meters above mean sea level and 58 km away from Hawai ,Walong Circle HQ holds historical significance as it has been the witness to the fight of Indian soldiers against the invasion of Chinese forces in the year 1962. In Mishmi dialect Walong means ‘a place of Bamboo groves ‘(WA means Bamboo, Long means Place).The Mishmi and Meyor tribes comprise most of its population.The spectacular natural beauty of the place and the War Memorial at Walong are landmarks of stature Namti Valley, also known as Namti Maidan, is located near Walong and is the place where the fierce battle of 1962 was fought. Walong also houses a grand War Memorial built in honour of the sacrifices of brave Indian soldiers
Helmet top is a head top, located above the Namti plains where a memorabilia stands dedicated to the memory of soldiers who lead their lives in 1962 war. The Helmet Top is frequented by all visitors to salute the martyr.
Hot Spring (Tilam) along the Lohit river, in a low lying area , is located a small hot spring which during winter remains surrounded by warm sand dunes and in summer by slim streamlets carrying the warm waters of the hot spring to the beautiful Lohit river.
Dong is a small picturesque village inhabited by the Meyors just 7 km away from Walong, and is situated in the left bank of Lohit River. Snow capped mountains and beautiful pine forests make the place immensely inviting. This village is also one of the villages from where the earliest sunrise can be witnessed. The millennium sunrise was witnessed by people from all across the world at Dong on 1st Jan 2000. The village is now connected by a iron floored foot suspension bridge over the river Lohit. The Dong valley is extremely beautiful radiating divine peace.
Namti Valley also known as Namti Maidan, is placed 7 KMs away from Walong on the way to Kibithoo. The fierces battle of 1962 was fought here by the Indian forces against Chinese aggression into the valley. A sombre war memorial stands in honour of the sacrifices of brave Indian soldiers. Alongside , age-old pines standing and beautiful undulating green valley stays silent witnesses of the supreme sacrifices made during the war .Beauty of the valley laden with the memories of martyrs distinguishes Namti Valley from other tourist places.