As part of the “AYUSH for Immunity” campaign of the Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India, a webinar on Nutrition Science and Advancements, titled POSHAN AAHAR was conducted recently. Experts, researchers, Clinical Nutritionists, Surgeons and Yoga& Naturopathy physicians were participated in the webinar. The webinar was organised by the Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN), an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of AYUSH.
The first session was by Prof Kalidas Shetty, Professor of Plant Science at North Dakota State University, North Dakota, USA and he highlighted the significance of indigenous foods. The contribution of ecology to our existence cannot be overlooked, though adaptations are possible. From the ecological perspective the indigenous foods are to be brought back to the food chain which is necessary for the maintenance of health and also to combat the diet linked chronic diseases.
Dr Vimal Karani Associate Professor, Nutrigenomics from University of Reading, UK covered a wide range of nutrition principles, from genetics to genetic variation and from genetic risk to disease risk. He has emphasized on the importance of personalised diet and modification of the lifestyle for prevention of diseases. Dr Praveen Jacob, associate Professor, KS Hegde Medical College, Nitte highlighted the relationship between our climatic conditions and our food habits and onset of diseases. Another significant session was on healthy choices of food based on the nutritional values, handled by Dr Esther Sathiaraj Head, Clinical Nutrition, Health Care Global Enterprises Ltd.
Dr Prabhu Nesargikar, a Consultant Oesophageal &Gastric Oncosurgeon, HCG Oncology Hospitals, emphasized the nutritional status in cancer patients stressing on the malnutrition during post surgeries which can be corrected with healthy nutritional supplements. A highly informative session about various nutrition programmes and findings of various surveys was presented by Dr Mahesh from National Institute of Nutrition. It threw light on the nutrition status in both urban and rural communities and the role of community-based nutrition programmes including the health of the communities in various states of India. Another interesting topic discussed was the nutritional significance of millets. This session was handled by Dr Dayakar from Indian Institute of Millet Research and it covered the various researches, advancements going on processing, growth and food processing of millets. He has also explained various methods in processing involved in various methods in millet recipes which can be used as a product. He also talked about clinical benefits of having millets in the diet which helps in reducing the glycaemic index and glycaemic load following several research studies.
Dr Achutan Eshwar who leads a new start up called “Sampoorna Aahar” talked about advocating plant-based nutrition and plant-based diets which will be sent to various parts of Bangalore. There was also a talk by Dr Kousalya Nathan, about nutrition and immunity. She explained how minerals and trace elements in nutrition are very important for better immune response. She also talked about anti-oxidants which are present in foods and vegetables. Dr Chidambaram Murthy, Principal Scientist from MS Ramaiah Medical Teaching College, Bengaluru threw light upon various nutraceuticals and functional foods and bioactive compounds in nutrition which can be used as medicine.Sources https://pib.gov.in/PressReleseDetail.aspx?PRID=1658934
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
2. Best Source Nutrition Best Source Nutrition
Nature hides immense health secrets and healing powers in plants, herbs and fruits. At BestSource® we have a personal commitment to unlock these secrets to bring you nutrition in its natural, purest, most active form as health products to spread wellness.
Our Herbal, Ayurvedic, Dietary supplements and Nutraceuticals target diverse and specific health areas such as supplements for sports, weight loss & detox, organ
4. PM to launch Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT to extend coverage to all residents of J&K on 26 December Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will launch Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY SEHAT to extend coverage to all the residents of the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir on 26th December 2020 at 12 noon via video conferencing. The scheme will ensure Universal Health Coverage and focus on providing financial risk protection and ensuring quality and affordable essential health services to all individuals and communities. Union Home Minister and Lieutenant Governor of J&K will also be present on the occasion.
5. National Organ Donation Day celebrated in Health Ministry Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare today chaired multiple eventsto mark National Organ Donation Day.
Dr. Harsh Vardhan addressed CRPF jawans on an event to mark the culmination of a massive voluntary campaign that was launched by CRPF on 14th August this year to bring awareness about organ donation among its nearly three and a half lakh jawans in collaboration with All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi and Organ Retrieval Banking Organization (ORB
6. Government Launches Mission COVID Suraksha to accelerate Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development The Government of India (GOI) has announced the third stimulus package of Rs. 900 Crore for the Mission COVID Suraksha- The Indian COVID-19 Vaccine Development Mission. This grant will be provided to the Department of Biotechnology (DBT) for Research & Development of Indian COVID-19 vaccines.
The COVID-19 Vaccine development Mission with end-to-end focus from preclinical development through clinical deve
7. Ministry of AYUSH and AIIMS decides to work together to set up a Department of Integrative Medicine Ministry of AYUSH and AIIMS have decided to initiate work on setting up a Department of Integrative Medicine at AIIMS. This was decided in a joint visit and review by Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, AYUSH and Dr. Randeep Guleria, Director, AIIMS of the Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research (CIMR) at AIIMS, New Delhi. The CIMR receives notable support through the Centre of Excellence Scheme of the Ministry of AYUSH.
Dr. Gautam Sharma, Head, CIMR and senior officers of AYUSH Ministr
10. Union Education Minister releases a compilation of initiatives by School Education Department during COVID-19 pandemic Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ virtually released a compilation of initiatives undertaken by School Education Department during COVID-19 pandemic here today.
The Minister noted that in the year 2020-21, the COVID-19 pandemic has caused an unprecedented public health emergency, affecting almost all countries and territories globally. He further said that the pandemic has led to severe disruptions in normal life,and has impacted children and also affected the
11. Ministry of AYUSH and ICCR to streamline and intensify joint efforts to promote Yoga worldwide In a high level review meeting of collaboration activities between Ministry of AYUSH and Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) for promotion of Yoga globally today at New Delhi, it was resolved to streamline and intensify the joint efforts to promote Yoga in various countries across the world. The review was jointly held by Dr. Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, President, ICCR and Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH. It was also decided to utilise the certification framework of the Yoga Certifi
12. Launch of New, Impactful, Immunity Boosting Products From The Forest Fresh, Organic Range on Tribes India Continuing to expand its product range and make it more attractive, while enabling millions of tribal enterprises access to larger markets, Tribes India has added 46 more new tribal products, mainly in the Forest Fresh and Organic range, into its catalogue this week. TRIFED has added a large number of immunity boosting products, produce in the Forest Fresh and Organics range and tribal arts and handicrafts to its Tribes India range in the last month. All the new products introduced in the past few weeksa
13. Salesforce Research: COVID-19 has rewired the fabric of the workplace Salesforce Research: COVID-19 has rewired the fabric of the workplace
83% of survey participants from India are more interested in online learning/training since the pandemic
79% survey participants from India say technology should play a major role in workplace safety
53% of survey participants from India say that they would switch jobs if it meant they could work remotely
15. 871 scheduled formulations of Essential medicines are covered under price control mechanism Government has said that The National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) has fixed the ceiling prices of 871 scheduled formulations of medicines under National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM), 2015.
The fixation of Ceiling price includes ceiling price of Cardiac Stents under Para 19 of the Drug Price Control Orders (DPCO), 2013 resulting in price reduction for Coronary Stents worked out up to 85% for Bare Metal Stents and 74% for Drug Eluting Stents.
This information was
16. Institute- Industry collaboration to boost development of devices for osteoarthritis & diabetic foot ulcer Development of orthotic devices may soon receive a boost with a Kerala based scientific institution collaborating with a Mohali based private manufacturer for co-development of such devices catering to clinical conditions such as osteoarthritis and diabetic foot ulcer.
Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology, Trivandrum, Kerala (SCTIMST), an Institute of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, has signed
17. Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic The Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying with a view to avoid adverse impact on fisheries due to COVID-19 pandemic lockdown in the country, had issued advisory to State Governments/Union Territories(UTs) to include fish and shrimp in the list of commodities to exempt from lockdown and also allow movement of fish and fish products, fish seed & fish feed for fish-farmers/fishers, aquaculture farms and other commercial establishments like aquarium shop etc. Besid
18. Buy Super Kamagra From UK And How Long Does Super Kamagra Last ? A healthy intercourse between the couples is the key to a happy and successful relationship. As long as a man physically satisfies his companion and fulfils her inner desires and cravings, there is very little chance of any problem. However, the moment a man loses interest in intercourse - whatever may be the cause – their compatibility, mutual understanding, bonding and the vows of a life long relationship, goes for a toss. One such physical inability, which is a major cause of c
19. Impact of pandemic on child immunisation programmes The utilization of immunization services slowed down at the beginning of COVID-19 pandemic in April 2020, but coverage has improved subsequently because of series of measures been taken.
To restore universal immunization, following steps were taken by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) during COVID-19 pandemic:
States/ UTs have been provided with a series of guidelines for delivering immunization services as well as Reproductive, Maternal, New born, Child, Ado
20. AYUSH practices inducted into the Management Protocol for COVID - 19 recovered patients Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) issued a protocol on Post COVID Management on 13th September, 2020. The protocol provides an integrated holistic approach for patients of COVID to care at home and is not meant to be used as preventive/curative therapy. It also states that the recovery period is likely to be longer for patients who suffered from more severe form of the disease and those with pre-existing illness. The protocol is also notable for the induction of various AYUSH practices of hea
21. Steps to promote research in Ayurveda to develop treatment of cancer The Government has taken many steps to promote research in Ayurveda to develop treatment of cancer. The Government has set-up Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) as an autonomous organization, with the mandate to undertake research in Ayurvedic healthcare services.
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) has undertaken research related to Cancer also involved in drug development and documentation of medical practices as per following det
22. Details of loan disbursal by World Bank to India to fight COVID-19 pandemic The World Bank has so far provided three loans worth $2.5 billion to Government of India to support Government of India’s response to COVID-19 pandemic situation for health ($1 billion), for social protection ($0.75 billion) and for economic stimulus ($0.75 billion), the benefits of which have accrued to all States and UTs. This was stated by Shri Anurag Singh Thakur, Union Minister of State for Finance & Corporate Affairs in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
23. Yoga finding its way to Cuban hearts The rising popularity of Yoga in Cuba has been a matter of happiness to Yoga-lovers of India. This timeless gift from our ancestors is truly a universal inheritance and is now finding disciples all across the globe.
According to information received from Indian Embassy in Havana, Cuba, Prof. Eduardo Pimentel Vázquez, the President and Founder of the Cuban Yoga Association, is a leading figure for yoga in that country. He has been teaching Yoga in Cuba for 30 years, and has trained 50 ins
25. Revised National Tuberculosis Control Programme Rapid molecular diagnostics are presently available at 1360 blocks across the country. State wise number of blocks with rapid molecular diagnostics is given below:
State wise number of blocks with rapid molecular diagnostics
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs20 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Maha Metro Pune Project Job Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21 #Jobs5 Days Remaining for Apply Maharashtra Metro Rail Corporation Limited (MAHA-Metro) invites applications from Indian Nationals for the Recruitment of following Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts for Operation and Maintenance (O & M) department of Pune Metro Rail Project on regular basis. (Advertisement No. MAHA-Metro/P/HR/O &M/06(S-NS)/2020/).
31 Recruitment of Experienced Technical Professionals in NFL 2020#Bank5 Days Remaining for Apply National Fertilizers Limited (NFL) is looking for qualified, bright, young, energetic, dynamic and result oriented Engineers as Management Trainee (Technical) in various disciplines for its various Units / Offices.
Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by the NFL for recruitment of following the 30 Management Trainee Technical vacancy recruitment. (Advt. No. 05/2020)
35 Manager Job Vacancy Recruitment in NPS Trust 2021 #Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply National Pension System Trust (NPS Trust) invites online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian citizens for recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts of Officer Grade B (Manager) and Officer Grade A (Assistant Manager) across different streams on direct recruitment basis. (Advertisement No. 2/2020-21)
NPS Trust Manager Jobs Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
37 Scientist and Driver Recruitment in NBRI Lucknow 2020-21#Jobs42 Days Remaining for Apply CSIR- National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow, a premier plant science research institute under CSIR. CSIR-NBRI invites applications in the prescribed recruitment form from enthusiastic, innovative and young Indian researchers having an excellent academic record and proven scientific achievements for Recruitment to fill up the following Sarkari Naukri vacancies of Scientists and Vehicle Driver Job Vacancies in CSIR CBRI. (Advertisement No. 02/2020)
CSIR NBRI Scientist and ...
38 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs17 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
39 Technical & Support Staff Vacancy Recruitment in CDRI Lucknow#Uttar Pradesh20 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited from technically qualified persons for the Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Technical & Support Staff as Technical Officer, Technical Assistant, and Technician at various levels in CSIR - Central Drug Research Institute (CDRI), Lucknow in the areas of Life Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Pre-clinical Sciences and Scientific & Technical support divisions of CSIR-CDRI. (Advt. No. 11/2020) SarkariNaukriBlog dot com.
CDRI Technical and Support Sta ...
40 Rolling Faculty Vacancy Recruitment at IIM Lucknow 2020-21#Faculty & Teaching0 Days Remaining for Apply The Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML), is one of the premier Business Schools in the country. The school provides an ambiance for genuine intellectual excitement and professional growth.
IIM Lucknow invites applications for Rolling Faculty Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors, and Professors in the various subjects/disciplines in its rolling faculty vacancy recruitment 2020-21.
IIM Lucknow Faculty Vacancy Recruitment 2020-21
41 UPSC National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination NA (I), 2021#UPSC3 Days Remaining for Apply The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA)-I and Naval Academy (NA) Examination (I), 2021 on 18/04/2021 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wing of the NDA for 147th Course and Naval Academy (INAC) for 109th course.
Online applications on prescribed format are invited for NDA & NA Exam (I) 2021 by UPSC from suitable candidates for Officer Government Jobs (Advertisement No.NO.03/2021-NDA-I)
UPSC NDA & NA Exam (I) ...