Vice Admiral AK Chawla PVSM, AVSM, NM, VSM, ADC, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC), on behalf of the President of India, presented Gallantry and Non-Gallantry Awards, (announced on Republic day 2020) to meritorious naval personnel at the Naval Investiture Ceremony (NIC) conducted at naval base, Kochi on 25 Sep 20. In addition, personnel who demonstrated leadership, professional achievements and distinguished service of high order, and significantly contributed to service were also felicitated.
A total of 10 medals which included four Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry), two Nao Sena Medal (Devotion to duty), fourVishishtSeva Medal (long meritorious service) were awarded. On the occasion, the Commander-in-Chief also announced one “Jeevan RakshaPadak” - medal (for acts of courage and self-sacrifice) as well as “Unit Citations” for the year 2020-21 for ashore unit (establishment) and afloat unit (ship) under SNC for delivering exceptional performance over the past one year.
The details of awardees are as follows:
Nao Sena Medal (Gallantry)
Commander Shailendra Singh
Commander Vikrant Singh
Lieutenant Commander Ravindra Singh Chaudhary
Sushil Kumar, Leading Seaman
Nao Sena Medal (Devotion to duty)
Commodore MP Anil Kumar
Commodore Gurcharan Singh
Rear Admiral TarunSobti
Commodore Ajith V Kumar
Commodore R Ramakrishnan Ayyar
Captain K Nirmal Raghu
Mukesh Kumar, Chief Petty Officer
Ashore unit - INS Chilka (Establishment)
Afloat unit - INS Sujata (Ship)
Speaking on the occasion, Vice Admiral AK Chawla said that the occasion is of special significance, as a formal acknowledgement by the Indian Navy to the conspicuous acts of gallantry and devotion to duty of fellow shipmates. He congratulated all the awardees and highlighted the fact that the men and women of the navy have stood out with their selfless acts at all times just as the Indian Navy has stood for the good in the Indian Ocean region. He gave the example of the recent diving assistance rendered by INS Nireekshak to the govt of Mauritius and said it was along the lines of the Prime Minister’s vison of SAGAR (Security and growth for all in the region).
A 50 men guard of Honour was paraded during the ceremonial parade which was held during the Investiture ceremony. The guard of honour was inspected by Vice Admiral AK Chawla prior to reviewing of parade comprising of four platoons of naval personnel drawn from various ships and establishments of SNC. The parade was commanded by Commander Abhishek Tomar.
The ceremony was witnessed by senior dignitaries of the Indian Navy.NIC is normally conducted centrally for the Indian Navy. However, in view of the prevailing health scenario, it is being conducted locally in each Command for their respective personnel. All social distancing norms and COVID 19 protocol was followed during the ceremonial parade.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. MISSION SAGAR III - INS KILTAN ARRIVES AT HO CHI MINH CITY Indian Naval Ship Kiltan arrived at NhaRong Port, Ho Chi Minh City on 24 December 2020 as part of Mission Sagar-III. This Mission is part of India’s Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries during the ongoing pandemic.
The ship will deliver 15 Tons of HADR Stores for the flood-affected people of Central Vietnam, which will be handed over to Vietnam’s Central Steering Committee for National Disaster Prevention and Control. This assis
6. Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh Launches Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO)
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh launched the Naval Innovation and Indigenisation Organisation (NIIO) through an online webinar. Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh Shri Yogi Adityanath and other dignitaries were also present at the event.
The NIIO puts in place dedicated structures for the end users to interact with academia and industry towards fostering innovation and indigenisation for self-reliance in defence in keeping with t
7. Special Trains for Passengers Train services were started in phases as special trains-
(i) 15 pairs of Rajdhani specials were introduced with effect from 12/05/2020.
(ii) 100 pairs of special trains were introduced with effect from 01/06/2020.
(iii) 43 pairs of special trains were started from 12/09/2020.
(iv) 705 Suburban services (Central Railway-355 & Western Railway-350) were started from 15/06/2020.
(v) Additional Special trains, in coordination with the State Governments, we
8. GALLANTRY MEDALS TO NAVAL PERSONNEL ON INDEPENDENCE DAY 2020 NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
CAPT MRIGANK SHEOKAND (05107-F)
The officer is one of the most experienced pilots of the MiG-29K fleet of the Indian Navy. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor with more than 2000 hours of total flying experience. On 16 Nov 1
9. Plastic Waste Handling Facility Inaugurated at Naval Base, Kochi The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC) Vice Admiral Anil K Chawla, PVSM, AVSM, NM, VSM, ADC inaugurated a Plastic Waste Handling Facility at Naval Base Kochi on 29 Aug 20. He also released A BIRD BOOK titled “Kaleidoscope - Feathered Friends @ KatariBagh” on the occasion as part of environment friendly initiatives of SNC at Kochi.
This pilot project has been successfully implemented through the Ernakulam District Administration as a Corporate
11. Women Officers in Helicopter Stream of Indian Navy In yet another first in the history of Indian naval aviation, two women officers have been selected to join as “Observers” (Airborne Tacticians) in the helicopter stream. They would in effect, be the first set of women airborne combatants who would be operating from warships. Earlier, entry of women was restricted to the fixed wing aircraft that took off and landed ashore.
These officers, Sub Lieutenant (SLt) Kumudini Tyagi and SLtRiti Singh, are a part of a group of 17 officers of
12. ENC Band Live Performance for Corona Warriors As part of 74th Independence Day Celebrations, Eastern Naval Command organised a live performance of the Navy Band as a tribute to the Corona Warriors at Bojjana Konda heritage site in Sankaram Visakhapatnam on 05 Aug 20. Cmde Sanjeev Issar, the Naval Officer-in-Charge (Andhra Pradesh) welcomed Dr.Beesetti Venkata
16. Naval Investiture Ceremony– 2020 Vice Admiral AK Chawla PVSM, AVSM, NM, VSM, ADC, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC), on behalf of the President of India, presented Gallantry and Non-Gallantry Awards, (announced on Republic day 2020) to meritorious naval personnel at the Naval Investiture Ceremony (NIC) conducted at naval base, Kochi on 25 Sep 20. In addition, personnel who demonstrated leadership, professional achievements and distinguished service of high order, and signif
17. Indian Army rescues Chinese Citizens in North Sikkim The Indian Army extended a helping hand to three Chinese citizens who lost their way in Plateau area of North Sikkim at an altitude of 17,500 feet on 03 September 2020.
Realising danger to the lives of the Chinese citizens which included two men and one woman in sub zero temperatures, the soldiers of Indian Army immediately reached out and provided medical assistance including oxygen, food and warm clothes to protect them from the vagaries of extreme altitude and harsh
20. Shri Radha Mohan Singh Distributes Electric Chaak to 150 Kumhar Families in Bihar under KVIC Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana In a major step towards creating sustainable self-employment, Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) today distributed electric potter wheels (chaak) to 150 potter families in East Champaran district in Bihar. Member of Parliament and former Union Agriculture Minister, Shri Radha Mohan Singh distributed electric chaak and other equipment like blunger machines and pug mills to the potters in presence of KVIC Chairman Shri Vinai Kumar Saxena. The beneficiaries who were given electric chaak after co
21. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
23. Jal Jeevan Mission: Arunachal plans 100% tap connections by 2023 Serin, a quaint village at an altitude of 2,000 feet, nestled in the greens of Arunachal Pradesh has all the reasons to rejoice now. Accessing this small remote village is not an easy task. One has to trek minimum one day on foot to reach Serin, which is situated in Tamen – Raga block of Kamle district in the State. The terrain is tough here and so is the life of people. The distance between Serin village and its nearest Pucca road is 22 km. The village is inhabited by Nyishi tribe with a tot
24. Indian Council of Agricultural Research celebrates its 92nd Foundation Day Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) celebrated its 92nd foundation day today. On this occasion, Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar appreciated the efforts of the agricultural scientists due to which ICAR has contributed immensely in the progress of agriculture in the country during the last nine decades. He said that today India is surplus in foodgrains production due to the research contribution of the scientists and hard work of the farmers.
25. Union Shipping Minister flags off first container ship from Kolkata Port to Agartala via Chattogram port Union Minister of State for Shipping (I/C) Shri Mansukh Mandaviya today flagged off the first trial container ship from Kolkata to Agartala through Chattogram Port of Bangladesh, in a virtual ceremony. This has been done under the Agreement on use of Chattogram and Mongla Ports for movement of India’s transit cargo through Bangladesh.
Speaking on the occasion, Shri Mansukh Mandaviya said that the route will open doors of new opportunities for both the countries. It will provide the altern
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs10 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...