The Ministry of Tourisms Dekho Apna Desh Webinar series titled Rural Tourism: From Previous Niche to Future Norm”on 26th September 2020 focused on the villages, people, farming, culture and the idea of sustainability, responsibility and community living. While millions of 'White Collar' workers lost their jobs or took a steep cut in salaries due to near-total collapse of urban industries, another few million of 'Blue Collar' workers who built our cities & urban industries are back to their villages after their arduous journeys, with the real possibility of most of them creating an alternative eco-system in rural India. The city-slicker who is tired of consumerism is now looking for a traditional grandpa's village to fix their nature deficit & emotional deficit, while some are looking for a hip & cool glocal village. This new & upcoming genre of tourism is permeating into the segment of elderly for nostalgic reasons, and into the segment of millennials for exotic reasons.
While we all understand that long-haul travel is going to hault for a while, so this webinar took us through the beautiful villages of India virtually to witness the paradigm shift in the space of tourism, through Rural Tourism. Presented by Shri Roopesh Rai, Founder, Green People, The Goat Village & Bakri Chhap. He shared his experience that happenedthree months post Kedarnath catastrophe changing his life forever. Some of Roopeshs initiatives include The Goat Village (rural & sustainable tourism), Bakri Swayamwar (gene pool improvisation of livestock by social engineering), and Bakri Chhap (a brand representing marginalised Himalayan farmers).
The catastrophe changed the entire look of the State Uttarakhand with major part of the State submerged in water. The presenter while highlighting the first project added that 1800 villages vacated with few of them moving for better opportunity. Rural tourism can actually benefit the planet and people. It is like a mirror image of community tourism. In macro perspective India has around 6,47,000 villages. Tourism plays the role of catalyst to culture, agriculture, art, nature, food etc. Till 1990s only two forms of tourism existed- pilgrimage and rural tourism. During the vacation children visit to grandparents house in village use to be quiet common. Slowly we became victim of commodities.
The phase of COVID-19 has changed the views of many people. Elderly generation people get nostalgic benefit and younger segment prefer experience. The most essential component of rural tourism is story telling which is the building block of destination. As a traveler one gets the experience of local people, culture, food, customs and get to enjoy all the indigenous offering. While presenting the example of Jim Corbett National Park, with the park having the maximum visits on weekends, the presenter stated that if the footfall is distributed properly around the villages in Jim Corbett, then rural tourism can also be promoted well and responsibly.
The second presenter Mani Mahesh Aurora, 23, settling off on a self-actualization sabbatical in the Himalayas, his journey with Green People started as a trekker, followed by boarding in as a resident volunteer, and eventually transforming into the role of a Co-founder of Bakri Chhap & The Hideouts. While appreciating the kind of simplicity, minimalism of village life, he also spoke about the choking life in Cities. He further stated that we need to integrate the other indigenous traditional ways of living and earning. A paradigm shift has to come with good amount of environmental sustainable activity that gives the villagers recurring income.
When the team from Green people visited the village, most of the local people were breaking their house and laborers were engaged to build their house.Only 20% people were engaged in farming and mono cropping. An agro-tourism initiative with the aim of promoting sustainable development through reviving old traditions and economic means of sustenance such as goat rearing, bee farming, harvesting exotic vegetables, and traditional architecturaltechniques has been set up. Now 80% of population is back to traditional farming. Green Peoples Happier Himalayan Villages" are not just aiming to give city-slickers & international tourists a taste of life on the other side of the farm hedge; they are creating sustainable eco-systems, which provide alternate sources of income for village dwellers without straining their existing resources.
The Bakri Swayamvar is a zero waste event. Several villages in Uttarakhand are in areas that are infertile or unirrigated, making livestock the most viable option to keep local economies running. Goats far outnumber sheep, with most owners being marginalised farmers who let the animals graze and roam free. Theres not much systematic growth here in terms of broadening gene pools and not enough awareness of healthy breeding practices. GreenPeople, holds Bakri Swayamvar, their signature event, it helps boost genetic diversity for goat populations in the area and educates farmers about a higher grade of livestock rearing.
The Bakri Swayamvar is a simple, scientifically-backed idea dedicated to local patterns of production, and GreenPeoples efforts to elevate indigenous Indians won them the Indian Responsible Tourism Awards (IRTA) in 2019.
The third presenter Ms. Sunita Kudle, hospitality professional with a total of 23 years of Hoteliering experience. Sunita is currently the Secretary of KEEN, an NGO which is at the forefront of waste management in the town of Mussoorie and Landour taking care of door to door garbage collection, segregation and disposal for the entire town. Sunita is also the Spokesperson of Madhouse to Mudhouse Community, an urban community in the making with a rural mindset and a vision to create Indias next growth story, straight from its villages.
Ms. Sunita Kudle spoke about our repeated efforts to showcase the Golden Triangle and Kerala which creates enormous pressure on the destination. A person travel basically to get out of comfort zone. Apart from forts, palaces, India has colourful festivals like latmar holi, Diwali etc,Exotic flowers like rhododendron in Uttarakhand and Sikkim. Some sporting events can be promoted like rural Olympics at Qila Raipur, Jallikattu festival etc. Harvest festivals are celebrated in India in different ways whether it is Punjab, Tamilnadu, Gujarat, Assam etc. We have to create experiences that touch the heart of the provider and the consumer.Travellers visiting Rural villages help in improving the self esteem of the locals.
Summing up the webinar Rupinder Brar, Additional Director General encouraged following the current protocol, respecting the environment so that the entire humanity can have a humbling experience with nature. At the same time she insisted to respect nature and learn to coexist with nature. DekhoApnaDesh Webinar Series is an effort to showcase India’s rich diversity under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat.
The Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series is presented in technical partnership with National e Governance Department, Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. The Sessions of Webinar are now available on the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbzIbBmMvtvH7d6Zo_ZEHDA/featured and also on all social media Handles of Ministry of Tourism, Government of India.
The next webinar titled Gandhiji: The Bombay Years is scheduled on 1st October 2020 at 11.00 am.
I am owner of this website. I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/educratsweb
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Tips for renting a car in Curaçao Come to Curaçao for an amazing diving experience! Also visit the colorful buildings. For that, rent a car to complete your memorable experience. Be sure to check these reminders before getting into a car.
Curaçao is an island where you drive to the right, as most European and Latin American countries. Remember that the island is part of the Netherlands but very close to South America, in the Caribbean Sea.
The minimum age to drive is 18
2. Ministry of Tourism is promoting rural tourism through various initiatives-Tourism Minister The Ministry of Tourism has launched the Swadesh Darshan Scheme for Integrated Development of theme-based Tourist Circuits for development of tourism infrastructure including last mile connectivity in the country. Recognizing the potential of rural tourism in the country, the Ministry has identified Rural Circuit as one of fifteen thematic circuits identified for development under this scheme.
The objectives of the Swadesh Darshan scheme include creating employment through active involvement of
4. Renting a car in Curaçao Curaçao is an island close to Venezuela, along its sister island Aruba and Bonaire. It is characterized by its beautiful beaches and picturesque architectural creations, which allows it to be identified and recognized as one of the most wonderful and attractive places for visitors of the world.
It is extremely close to South America, and it is a transcontinental island that is also part of one of the Lesser Leeward Antilles and the West Indies. If it is observed on the m
5. Things to do in Curaçao In this Caribbean island you can enjoy many more attractions than the sea. Its varied gastronomic offer, the charm of Willemstad Street and different extreme sports are some of the things that can be done there.
The charm of Curaçao resides both in its beaches and in its streets. This island, also called healing, in which the sickest slaves, brought from other lands during the Conquest, were
6. JODHPUR - A DELIGHTFUL BLEND OF THE MODERN AND THE TRADITIONAL Jodhpur, the second largest city in Rajasthan is popularly known as the Blue City. The name is clearly befitting as most of the architecture – forts, palaces, temples, havelis and even houses are built in vivid shades of blue. The strapping forts that tower this magnificent city sum up to a spectacle you would not want to miss. The mammoth, imposing fortress of Mehrangarh has a landscape dominating a rocky ridge with the eight gates leading out of the fortress. The new city is located outside the s
7. Ministry of Tourism organises Dekho Apna Desh Webinar Series on Rural Tourism: From Previous Niche to Future Norm The Ministry of Tourisms Dekho Apna Desh Webinar series titled Rural Tourism: From Previous Niche to Future Norm”on 26th September 2020 focused on the villages, people, farming, culture and the idea of sustainability, responsibility and community living. While millions of 'White Collar' workers lost their jobs or took a steep cut in salaries due to near-total collapse of urban industries, another few million of 'Blue Collar' workers who built our cities &a
8. Ministry of Tourism is promoting the rich heritage and culture of the country under Dekho Apna Desh initiative The Ministry of Tourism has launched the Dekho Apna Desh (DAD) initiative in January 2020 with the objective of creating awareness among the citizens about the rich heritage and culture of the country, encouraging citizens to travel widely within the country and enhancing tourist footfalls leading to development of local economy and creation of jobs at the local level. This initiative is in line with the 15th August, 2019 address of the Honourable Prime Minister asking every citiz
9. AirAsia India bolsters network with six new routes AirAsia India bolsters network with six new routes
The carrier launches new routes connecting Mumbai with Goa, Chennai with Ahmedabad, Goa, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Jaipur with Kolkata
Mumbai, 21st October, 2020: Committed to strengthening its presence and improving connectivity in India, AirAsia India launched six new routes connecting Mumbai - Goa
10. Ministry of Tourism launches its DekhoApnaDesh webinar series from today COVID-19 has had a major impact on all human life and not just in India but globally. Tourism as a sector is naturally hugely impacted with no movement happening either domestically or from across the border. But owing to technology, it is possible to visit places and destinations virtually and plan our travels for a later date. In these unprecedented times, technology is coming handy to maintain human contact and also keep faith that times will be good to be able to travel again soon.
12. Click2visas Click2Visas is an online visa services which enables an individual into a global traveler. The platform helps a traveler’s dream of acquiring a visa for a country in few simple steps using a simplistic widget. It collects very minimal data from the user in overcoming the complexity of filling the visa application form. The regular updates in the platform helps in provisioning the updated or latest visa forms in it. The automated approach in provisioning the pl
13. Deoghar Baba Baidyanath Dham Deoghar Baba Baidyanath Dham
Origin of name
Deoghar is a Hindi word and the literal meaning of 'Deoghar' is abode ('ghar') of the Gods and Goddesses ('dev'). Deoghar is also known as "Baidyanath Dham", "Baba Dham", "B. Deoghar". The origin of Baidyanathdham is lost in antiquity. It ha
14. Shirui Lily Festival 16-19, October, 2019 Ukhrul DistricT
3rd STATE LEVEL SHIRUI LILY FESTIVAL: October 16-19, 2019
2ND STATE LEVEL SHIRUI LILY FESTIVAL: APRIL 24-28, 2018
The Department of Tourism organized the 2nd State Level Shirui Lily Festival from April 24-28, 2018 this year. The festival was spread over multiple venues which included the Shirui Village Ground where the opening cere
15. Foreign Exchange in Gurgaon Today people are traveling to another country for business purposes and vacation. For traveling abroad changing currency is very important. Now customers can easily opt for Foreign exchange in Gurgaon without any hassle. We also offer online foreign currency exchange services at an affordable price. The company Signature offers Buy Currency in Gurgaon or Sell Currency i
16. Florianopolis Destination Guide Florianopolis Destination Guide
Located in southern Brazil, Florianopolis is a top destination for surfers, beach-goers, and nightlife-lovers. However, there are some quaint fishing villages, adventure sports, and amazing seafood restaurants to experience here as well. Here are the top things you need to know before visiting this budget-friendly destination.
17. Madhya Pradesh Tourism Madhya Pradesh Tourism
TOURISTS' DELIGHT - INVESTORS' PRIDE
Oh, fine Ujjain! Gem to Avanti given,
Where village ancients tell
18. Mathura-Vrindavan Located in the western part of Uttar Pradesh, Mathura is a jumble of never-ending lanes teeming with folks, rickshaws, and glittering shops. The city is dotted with magnificent temples, most of them dedicated to Lord Krishna, the city’s presiding deity and its first citizen. These temples depict various phases of Lord Krishna’s life, taking the devotees back to the divine era. Mathura is an important pilgrimage destination of the Hindus and is one of the seven sacred cities of India. Lord Kri
19. Bangkok Destination Guide Bangkok Destination Guide
Travel in Bangkok is often described as a whirlwind – it’s hot, chaotic, crowded, and full of exotic energy. This popular tourism destination is a city of extremes with majestic temples, floating markets, romantic rooftop restaurants, and a wide range of accommodations to suit every budget. But before you start feeling overwhelmed, read through our brief guide to learn about this exciting city and begin planning your it
20. About Taj Mahal "The embodiment of all things pure”, said Rudyard Kipling on Taj Mahal’s beauty and that is no wordplay as the Taj is undoubtedly a pure epitome of beauty. It is an immortal poem in white marble and is the finest expression of love of an emperor for his queen. Located on a bank of River Yamuna, it was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved wife and Queen Mumtaz Mahal between 1631 to 1648 A.D., who died while giving birth to her 14th child and whose last wish to her h
21. Copenhagen Destination Guide Copenhagen Destination Guide
The modern and navigable city of Copenhagen combines the best of European café culture and Scandinavian architecture and design. It’s charming and compact, with lots of local history to dive into. Although spending time in Copenhagen can become expensive, there are many ways to experience the city on a budget as well.
22. BUDDHIST CIRCUIT : UTTAR PRADESH BUDDHIST CIRCUIT
Uttar Pradesh is the land where thousands of years ago Gautam Buddha spent a large part of his life at. This is the place where Lord Buddha attained enlightenment, travelled widely to spread his message and in the end attained mahaparinirvan here. Thus, the term Buddhist Circuit came up, the Circuit has grand stupas, ancient monasteries, where one can hear Buddhist chants of sacred Buddhist Mantras.
23. Amsterdam Destination Guide Amsterdam Destination Guide
Amsterdam is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world, famous for its beautiful canals, top art museum, cycling culture, and Red Light District. It is the capital and most populous city in the Netherlands and often referred to as the “Venice of the North” because of its expansive system of bridges and canals. Here are some of the key points to remember as you plan your trip to Amsterdam.
24. Azores Destination Guide Azores Destination Guide
The Azores is an enchanting region of Portugal that’s made up of nine volcanic islands in the North Atlantic Ocean. Compared to many island destinations, the Azores aren’t touristy, noisy, or polluted. Instead, travelers can expect to discover untouched nature, stunning panoramic views, and charming villages with rich cultural traditions. Here are the key details you should know to begin planning your trip to the Azores.
25. कुम्भ के लिये अपनी योजना बनायें कुम्भ के लिये अपनी योजना बनायें
कुंभ मेला पर्व 2019 में जनवरी से मार्च तथा प्रयागराज में आयोजित किया जायेगा। प्रयागराज भारत का एक महत्वपूर्ण धार्मिक, शैक्षणिक एवं प्रशासनिक केन्द्र रहा
26 CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply CIMAP Scientist Technical Officer Vacancy Recruitment 2020
CSIR-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CSIR-CIMAP), invites online applications in the prescribed format from Indian citizens for the recruitment of Government Job vacancy posts of Scientists and Technical Officer from enthusiastic young and dynamic Indian Nationals involved in Product Development/Technology Innovation/Applied Technology/Translation Research having excellent academic record/proven ...
28 Officer Engineer Vacancy Recruitment by Meghalaya Advt. No. 2020-21/70#Jobs10 Days Remaining for Apply On behalf of various Government Departments of Meghalaya Government, Meghalaya Public Service Commission (PSC) invites online applications in the prescribed form from eligible candidates for direct recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri Vacancy of Officers/Engineer etc. in various Departments/Organisation of Meghalaya Government. (Advt. No. MPSC/Advt-54/1/2020-21/70)
Meghalaya PSC Officer Engineer Vacancy recruitment 2020-21
29 Recruitment of Regular Job Vacancies in IRCON International 2021#Jobs6 Days Remaining for Apply IRCON International Limited, A Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Railways invites online applications on prescribed format for the recruitment for the following regular Government Job vacancy posts in the disciplines of Civil, Electrical, Finance and Legal disciplines at Ircon's various projects situated in various states across India. (Advertisement No. 07/2020).
Ircon International regular job vacancy 2021
IRCON Regular Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancie ...
30 Recruitment for Regular and Fixed Job vacancy in HIL India Limited 2021#Jobs13 Days Remaining for Apply HIL (India) Limited (Formerly known as Hindustan Insecticides Limited), a Govt. of India Enterprise, under the Department of Chemicals & Petrochemicals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, invites application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of following Sarkari Naukri job vacancy posts on a Regular and Fixed Tenure basis for the year 2021.
HIL India Job Recruitment 2021 Vacancies
Finance Manager: 02 vacancies in E-4 cadre on a r ...
33 Recruitment for Job Vacancy in National Education Society for Tribal Students 2021#Jobs12 Days Remaining for Apply National Education Society for Tribal Students (NESTS), an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MoTA), Government of India (GoI) invites online applications in the prescribed format from all eligible candidates for recruitment of various Government Job vacancies in Group-B and Group-C Jobs Categories on regular basis in NESTS for which the recruitment examination will be conducted through Computer Based Test/Examination. (Advertisement No. 01)
NESTS Jobs Recruitmen ...