The Central Vigilance Commission observes the Vigilance Awareness Week from 27th October to 2nd November, 2020. This is observed every year during the week in which the birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (31st October) falls. This awareness week campaign affirms our commitment to promotion of integrity and probity in public life through citizen participation.
In 2020, the Vigilance Awareness Week is being observed from 27th October to 2nd November, 2020 with the theme, “सतर्क भारत, समृद्ध भारत - Satark Bharat, Samriddh Bharat (Vigilant India, Prosperous India)”.This theme was finalized after putting the suggestive themes on the website and obtaining the opinion of Chief Vigilance Officers on the proposed theme for the year.
Central Bureau of Investigation is hosting a National Conference on Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (27th - 29th October, 2020) which will be addressed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 27.10.2020 at 5 p.m. during the Vigilance Awareness Week which will be webcast live and all organizations / departments of Central Government may watch the live webcast.
All Organizations have been advised to strictly adhere to extant Covid-19 prevention guidelines such as wearing masks, ‘Do Gaj ki Doori’ and washing one’s hands at all locations and events. In addition, all Organisations have been directed to strictly adhere to the economy measures issued by the Ministry of Finance vide the Department of Expenditure OM No. 7(2)E. Coord/2020 dated 4.9.2020.
The Commission believes that corruption is a major hindrance to the progress of the nation. All sections of society need to be vigilant in order to uphold integrity in all aspects of our national life. The Commission desires that all organisations focus on internal (housekeeping) activities which are to be taken up in campaign mode as part of the Vigilance Awareness Week this year. This includes improvement of internal processes, time bound disposal of work and systemic improvements leveraging technology. Commission emphasises making all processes transparent including payment to outsourced workers, house allotments, updation and digitization of assets including land records, condemnation of old furniture and weeding out old records following prescribed procedures/ extant rules .
Organisations have been advised to identify and implement systemic improvements within their organisations. They may then upload them on their organisation’s website in the public domain. This may be sent to the CVC in order to ensure wider dissemination of the systemic improvements and good governance measures.
Preventive Vigilance module has been included in the training curriculum for foundation training course of probationary officers of Banks and some other cadres such as scientists. The Mid- Career Training Programme for middle level officers of the organised Group A services under various Ministries of the Government of India also includes a module on Preventive Vigilance. Visit to Institutes of Excellence, village visit etc. have been added to modulate the behaviour of government officials towards integrity and transparency and to bring about attitudinal change.
All employees are requested to take the Integrity Pledge circulated by the Commission. All persons with whom the organization deals with such as vendors, suppliers, contractors, etc. are also requested to take the pledge.
The Commission has requested all Central Government Ministries / Organizations to conduct activities relevant to the theme both within their organization, and outreach activities for public/citizens:
Use organizational website for dissemination of employees/ customer oriented information and to make available avenues for redressal of grievances.
Organisations to conduct various outreach activities for dissemination of anti-corruption message and stressing the necessity of vigilant India as essential for a prosperous India. Online modes to be extensively used.
Extensive use of social media platforms, bulk SMS/E-mail, Whatsapp, electronic and print media etc. for spreading awareness.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
3. Shripad Naik chairs e-event on two decades of the National Medicinal Plants Board Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (IC), for AYUSH chaired an e-event organized by the National Medicinal Plant Board on 24th November, 2020 to celebrate its Establishment Day. On this occasion, a “Status Report of NMPB 2020” and “Ayur-veg” e-book were also released.
The AYUSH Minister, Secretary (AYUSH) Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha and other members of the Board complemented NMPB for its progress, achievements and contribution made for growth and deve
4. iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu App and its onboarding on UMANG platform to be launched on Constitution Day Committed to fulfil its mandate of Free legal aid and Access to Justice as enunciated under Article 39A of the Constitution of India, Secretary (Department of Justice) would be launching the iOS version of the Nyaya Bandhu Application and its onboarding on UMANG platform (MeiTY), on Samvidhan Divas 26th Nov, 2020. The UMANG platform would also enable to make pan India easy accessibility of this mobile based legal service to approx 2.5 Cr registered users.Nyaya Bandhu mobile application was launched by Un
6. Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Anganwadis across the Country As per the directions issued by Ministry of Home Affairs, under Disaster Management Act, 2005, all the Anganwadi Centres across the country were closed to limit the impact of COVID-19. During the consultation held with States/UTs in the month of July 2020, most of the States had also expressed their inability to open Anganwadi Centres in the light of increasing incidents of COVID-19. However, to ensure continuous nutritional support to Anganwadi beneficiaries, Anganwadi Workers and Helpers have been dist
7. GALLANTRY MEDALS TO NAVAL PERSONNEL ON INDEPENDENCE DAY 2020 NAO SENA MEDAL (GALLANTRY)
CAPT MRIGANK SHEOKAND (05107-F)
The officer is one of the most experienced pilots of the MiG-29K fleet of the Indian Navy. He is a Qualified Flying Instructor with more than 2000 hours of total flying experience. On 16 Nov 1
8. India scales another peak: Total recoveries cross 2 million Fast on the heels of crossing 3 crore cumulative tests, India has recorded another high. Total number of recoveries has crossed 2 million today (20,37,870).
Coupled with this is another achievement of highest ever single day recoveries of 60,091 in the last 24 hours. With this high number of COVID-19 patients recovering and being discharged from the hospitals and home isolation (in case of mild and moderate cases), the Recovery Rate has scaled the twin peak of
9. International Sign Languages Day (23 September) Celebrated By DEPWD, M/O Social Justice& Empowerment ‘International Sign Languages Day’ was celebrated at a virtual function organized by the Indian Sign Language Research and Training Centre (ISLRTC), an autonomous body under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowermenthere today. United Nations has declared 23rd September as International Sign Language Day. The theme of this year is ‘Sign Languages are for everyone’ with a view to enhancing awareness about Sign language and expanding its reach to everyone.
10. Malnutrition Deaths among Children in the Country Malnutrition is not a direct cause of death among children. However, it can increase morbidity and mortality by reducing resistance to infections. Malnourished children are more vulnerable to any infection than normal children. The overall under five mortality rate has reduced from 74.3 (NFHS-3) to 49.7 (NFHS-4) deaths per thousand live births.
The Government has accorded high priority to the issue of malnutrition and is implementing several schemes/programmes through States/UTs to addres
11. Increase in Child Marriage Cases during the Lockdown As per the information received from National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), there is no data to indicate rising number of child marriage cases during the lockdown period.
The Government has enacted the ‘Prohibition of Child Marriage Act (PCMA), 2006’. The Government also undertakes awareness drives, media campaigns and outreach programmes and issues advisories to the States/ UTs from time to time to highlight evil effects of this practice. Further, the Ministry of Women and Child Dev
12. Long-Term, Time-Bound, National Level Strategy to Tackle Air Pollution-National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) The Central Government launched National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) as a long-term, time-bound, national level strategy to tackle the air pollution problem across the country in a comprehensive manner with targets to achieve 20% to 30% reduction in Particulate Matter concentrations by 2024 keeping 2017 as the base year for the comparison of concentration. Under NCAP, 122 non-attainment cities have been identified across the country based on the Air Quality data from 2014-2018. A list of Smart Citie
13. Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019 Applications invited for the National Highway Excellence Awards 2019Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has invited proposals for the National Highways Excellence Awards for the year 2020. The awards are given every year in seven categories – Excellence in Project Management, Excellence in Operation and Maintenance, Green Highway, Innov
15. Shri Arjun Munda to launch Two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare tomorrow Union Minister of Tribal Affairs, Shri Arjun Munda will launch two Centers of Excellence for Tribal Welfare in a collaboration between Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Art of Living (AoL) through video conference here tomorrow. Gurudev Sri Sri Ravishankar, Art of Living will grace the occasion.
The first initiative ‘Strengthening PRIs’ will be launched in 5 districts covering 30 Gram Panchayts and 150 villages of Jharkhand, in creating awareness among elected representativ
17. Promotion of Tribal Culture, Livelihood and Education Ministry of Tribal Affairs is administrating the schemes of “Support of Tribal Research Institute” and Tribal Festival, Research, Information and Mass Education” under which various activities like research studies/publication of books/documentation including audio visual documentaries to fill the gap of research studies on tribal issues and Promotion of rich tribal cultural heritage as well as capacity building of tribal persons/institutions associated with tribal affairs, disseminatio
18. Gadkari calls for enhanced international investment in Infrastructure and MSME sector Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs Shri Nitin Gadkari has called for increased investment by international institutions and bodies in the Indian Highways and MSME sectors. He said, automobile and MSME are the two growth engines of Indian economy.
Addressing the Indo-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Womennovator on Trade Investment and collaborations in Road infrastructure and MSMEs today, the Minister said, India and Australia are already co-operating in the road safety sec
19. Plastic Waste Handling Facility Inaugurated at Naval Base, Kochi The Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Southern Naval Command (SNC) Vice Admiral Anil K Chawla, PVSM, AVSM, NM, VSM, ADC inaugurated a Plastic Waste Handling Facility at Naval Base Kochi on 29 Aug 20. He also released A BIRD BOOK titled “Kaleidoscope - Feathered Friends @ KatariBagh” on the occasion as part of environment friendly initiatives of SNC at Kochi.
This pilot project has been successfully implemented through the Ernakulam District Administration as a Corporate
20. Illegal Occupation of Land in Cantonment Region During the year 2018, 2019 and in 2020 (upto 31.08.2020), 7.586 acres of defence land inside cantonment under the management of Defence Estate Organization have been detected as encroached by the residents. Out of above, defence land measuring 4.11 acres have got freed from encroachment during the same period.
The illegal occupation of defence land may cause difficulties in Municipal administration viz. Providing water supply, sanitation and other municipal facilities.
23. Indian Railways joins the public movement (Jan Andolan) against COVID 19 in a big way Indian Railways has joined the public movement (Jan Andolan) in a big way against COVID 19 inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri NarendraModi. After the inauguration of this public movement, Minister of Railways and Commerce & Industry, Shri PiyushGoyal administered COVID pledge to Railway Officers and Staff connected through Video Conferencing. General Managers of Zonal Railways, Divisional Railway Managers, CMDs of PSUs and senior railway officers were connected in this event.