The Scheme Rashtriya Yuva Sashaktikaran Karyakram (RYSK) is an ongoing Central Sector Scheme which was formulated, as an umbrella scheme, in rationalization exercise undertaken on recommendation of Department related Parliamentary Standing Committee on HRD and in consultation with Ministry of Finance and NITI Aayog. The Objective was that the merger of the schemes under an umbrella scheme would effectively leverage the administrative structure of the scheme for effective implementation of the programmes. The budget allocation of the scheme RYSK for the year 2020-21 is Rs.486.48 Crores. The 7 sub-schemes under scheme RYSK are:
1. Nehru Yuva Kendra Sangathan.
2. National Youth Corps.
3. National Programme for Youth and Adolescent Development.
4. International Cooperation.
5. Youth Hostels.
6. Assistance to Scouting and Guiding Organisations.
7. National Young Leaders Programme.