State Society for Ultra Poor and Social Welfare-SSUPSW, (brand name- ‘SAKSHAM’)is a society led by Department of Social Welfare, government of Bihar, registered under Societies Registration Act 1860. The General Body (GB) headed by Development Commissioner of Govt. of Bihar; is the apex body of the society for the policy decisions. Principal Secretary, Department of Social Welfare is the Chairperson of its Executive Committee. The society stands to provide technical support to its parent department as well as to implement government and externally-aided development programs.
Vision of the Society :
‘To protect and promote the rights of women, children, older persons, persons with disabilities (PwDs), ultra poor and beggars by ensuring their care, protection, development, socio-economic and cultural empowerment through enabling policies and programs.’
Objectives of SAKSHAM are :
To create an enabling policy environment for the welfare of ultra poor and beggars, women, children, older persons, PWDs by supporting formulation, planning, management and implementation of enabling policies.
To evolve strategies and approaches for the welfare of ultra poor and beggars, women, children, older persons, PWDs, especially in situation of vulnerabilities, risk abuse, discrimination and social stigmatization, including mentally challenged persons.
To provide credit and other facilities for economic empowerment of ultra poor, PwDs and Older Persons etc.
To contribute to the lives of ultra poor, PWDs, older persons etc. through empowerment and fostering strong self-managed grassroots institutions and support investment by them.
To function as the Resource Centre for DoSW and its Directorates in policy analysis and policy development – including development/revision of operational guidelines, standards of care and policy documents.
To support DoSW and its Directorates to review and strengthen institutional arrangements and in formulating and implementing programs/schemes for ensuring a continuum of social welfare and health and nutrition services for Ultra poor and beggars, Women, Older persons and PwDs - including setting up, management and monitoring of resource/units residential/non-residential institutions for example Old Age Homes, Children Homes, Shelter Homes, Short Stay Homes etc.
SAKSHAM has following specialized units
Services for ultra poor
Services for older persons
Services for persons with disabilities
Nutrition monitoring unit
Communication and research
Admin, finance and procurement
Monitoring & Evaluation
Presently SAKSHAM is undertaking following projects
1. Bihar Integrated Social Protection Strengthening (BISPS):The World Bank supported intervention aims to strengthen institutional capacity of the Department of Social Welfare and the Rural Development Department to deliver social protection programs and services and expand the outreach of social care services for poor and vulnerable households, persons with disabilities, older persons and widows in the state of Bihar. In doing so, the project would ensure that the programs reach the intended target groups and improve the efficiency of public spending on social protection. It will include creation/renovation of the basic infrastructure for smooth services in all 101 sub-divisional level Buniyad Centres. Those living in remote areas would be covered through mobile outreach programs and therapy vans. Initially, the scheme will benefit approximately 8 million focus people in the state.
2. Nutrition Monitoring Unit (NMU): The unit stands for strengthening management services of the ICDS Programme under ‘Sector Wide Approach to Strengthen Health (SWASTH)’ project funded by DFID-UK. The unit is responsible for facilitating the establishment process of UddepanKendras, the nodal AWCs. Uddepan is a cluster approach for nodal Anganwadi Centres. The approach will consolidate the AWCs by grouping them according to GP and stimulate activities at AWC especially for the under children 2 years. Another important activity of NMU is facilitation of roll-out of Integrated Performance Management System (IPMS). The goal of the IPMS is to enable Bihar to achieve desired nutrition and health outcomes for children and mothers. The unit is also facilitating the state wide campaign called BalKuposhanMukta Bihar (BKMB). The campaign has an objective to bring down childhood malnutrition to below 30% by 2018 in Bihar. Major components of the campaign include- reconstitution of AWC level community management body as AnganwadiVikasSamiti (AVS) to enhance participation of beneficiaries and other stakeholders, introduction of egg in the menu of supplementary nutrition for all children, providing resources for purchase of new weighing scales, boiling of water and water filters for all AWCs, instituting a structured supervisory monitoring format and ensuring regular inspection visits, etc. These steps are directed towards reducing child malnutrition leading to reduction in child mortality rate.
3. Bihar State Social Security Schemes: Under the Control of Directorate of Social Security and Disability, Dept. of Social Welfare, Govt. of Bihar. Allocated fund under the Scheme is provided to SSUPSW against the Pre-receipt Bill from the Directorate of Social Security and Disability, Bihar. The received fund of the schemes is made available to the districts through Account Transfer (RTGS/NEFT) as per direction of the Directorate of Social Security and Disability. The districts mobilize the fund of the scheme on the basis of the directions given by the Directorate of Social Security and Disability
3.1 MukhyamantriBhikshavritiNivaranYojana (MBNY): Government of Bihar has introduced MBNY (publicly known as ‘Pehchan’) with a visionto protect and promote the rights of beggars by ensuring their care, protection, development, socio-economic and cultural empowerment through enabling policies and programs. Currently, the scheme is covering eight districts of the state. Its main activities are-operation of male/ female rehabilitation homes, facilitating beggars’ access to the benefits of government programs, organisation of identified beggars into self-help groups (SHGs), imparting functional literacy and vocational training to the beggars, rescue and rehabilitation of child beggars, legal and medical aid to the identified beggars. The interventions aim at beggary prevention and vulnerability reduction leading to a dignified life of the ultra-poor in the long run. MBNY unit of SAKSHAM is working in collaboration with its Knowledge Strategic Partner-‘Koshish’ which is a field action project of Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai.SSUPSW directly implements this scheme.
3.2 MukhyamantriViklangShashaktikaranYojna – “SAMBAL”( An Integrated Scheme for PwDs), to implement various articles of The PersonswithDisabilities (Equal Opportunities, Protection of Rights and Full Participation) Act, 1995,andto protect & promote the rights of Persons with Disability (PwDs), an Integrated Scheme – SAMBAL has been approved in 2012. SAMBAL has three (03) major components to empower PwDs - Educational Rehabilitation, Economic Rehabilitation and Social Rehabilitation. Major heads of SABMAL :
3.2.1 Disable Scholarship
3.2.2 Artificial Limbs / Appliances
3.2.3 Survey, Certification and Training
3.2.4 Education and self-employment loan
3.2.5 Day care school for Mentally Disabled (Govt. aided): Presently running in two districts by NGO
3.2.6 Up- gradation of Govt. Special Schools
3.2.7 Shelter for mentally challenge ‘SAKET’ (for male) and ‘ASHIYANA’ (for female)
3.3 Old Age Home – ‘SAHARA’: Initially Old Age Home is running in 5 districts by NGO.
3.4 Social Security pension Schemes: The state Govt. provides monthly financial assistance to the eligible candidate. The scale of benefit and eligibility for various schemes of Bihar Social Security Pension Scheme is under the control of Govt. of Bihar.
3.4.1 Bihar Nishaktta Pension (Bihar Disability Pension for Persons withdisability)
3.4.2 RajyaSamajikSurakshaPension (State Social Security Pension for Older Persons).
3.4.3 LaxmiBaiSamajikSuraksha Pension (LaxmiBai Social Security Pension for Widows)
3.4.4 Bihar ShatabdiKushtaKayanyojna: Monthly assistance is provided to the Leprosy cured patients ofgrade II deformity.
3.4.5 Bihar ShatabdiAidsPiditKalyanYojna :Monthly assistance, free medical treatment and rehabilitation is provided to the Aids affected patient.
3.5 Grant –in– aid Schemes:
3.5.1 KabirAnteyeshtiAnudanYojana (KAAY):Provides one time grant of Rs. 3000/- to BPL families to undertake last rites (funeral / burial rituals) in case of death of a familymember.
3.5.2 MukhyamantriParivarLabhYojna (Family Benefit Scheme):Provides one time grant to the bereaved household in case of accidental death of any “primary breadwinner” or death of a person caused by criminal acts of 18-64 years of age.
4. National Social Assistance Programme – NSAP (Govt. of India Scheme) :National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP) as a fully funded Govt. of India Sponsored Scheme targeting the destitute, defined as any person who has little or no regular means of subsistence from his / her own source of income or through financial support from family members or other sources, to be identified by the States and UTs, with the objective of providing a basic level of financial support. The scale of benefit and eligibility for various schemes of NSAP is under the control of Govt. of India.
5. Grant – in – aid Scheme: RashtriyeParivarLabhYojna(National Family Benefit Scheme):Provides one time grant/assistanceto the bereaved household in the event of death (natural or otherwise) of the bread-winner of 18-60 years of age. The National family benefit will be paid to such surviving member of the household ofthe deceased poor, who after local inquiry, is found to be the head of thehousehold.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Agam Kuan Shitala Devi temple, Patna Bihar Agam Kuan, Patna Bihar
Agam Kuan is 105' deep, circular in plan, with a diameter extending over 20'2". The well is brick-encased in the upper half of its depth (down to 44') and thereafter, secured by a series of wooden rings. The surface structure, which now covers the well and forms its most distinctive feature, has eight arched windows.
During the 1890s, the British explorer, Laurence Waddell, while exploring the ruins of Patliputra, identified Aga
4. PM to inaugurate and lay foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will inaugurate and lay the foundation stone of seven projects related to urban infrastructure in Bihar on 15 September via video conferencing. Out of these, four projects are related to water supply, two to sewerage treatment and one to riverfront development. The total cost of these projects is Rs 541 crore. The implementation of these projects has been undertaken by BUIDCO under Urban Development and Housing Department of Bihar. Chief Minister of Bihar will also be pr
5. Union Power Minister inaugurates projects worth Rs 6.99 Crore in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar Shri. R K Singh, the Union Minister of State (IC) for Power & New and Renewable Energy inaugurated CSR projects undertaken by REC Ltd. (Formerly Rural Electrification Corporation) worth Rupees 6.99 Crore, in Barhara (Bhojpur District), Bihar, through video conferencing yesterday. There were a total of 77 schemes, which included 36 schemes for construction of P.C.C. roads, 23 schemes for installation of LED/ Solar and high mast lights, Construction of 3 Chat ghaat, Construction of 3 community hall &am
10. PM lays foundation stone for National Highway projects worth about Rs 14000 crore in Bihar Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for nine National Highway Projects worth Rs 14000 crore in Bihar and launched the project to provide internet services through Optical Fibre in the state today through video conferencing.
Speaking on the occasion, the Prime Minister said these highway projects would improve the connectivity in Bihar. The highway projects include construction of 3 large bridges, upgrading of highways into 4 lanes and 6 lanes.He said all rivers in Bihar
11. PM to dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will dedicate to the nation three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar on 13th September, via video conferencing. The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants. They have been commissioned by IndianOil and HPCL, PSUs under the aegis of the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Chief Minister of Bihar will also be present on the occasion.
12. Bihar BEd CET 2020 result expected to be declared today @ bihar-cetbed-lnmu.in The Bihar BEd CET 2020 examination was conducted on September 22 in which more than one lakh students appeared.
Bihar B.Ed. CET 2020 Result
PATNA: The Bihar B.Ed. Common Entrance Test (CET) Result 2020 is likely to be released today on the official website of the exam - bihar-cetbed-lnmu.in. This year, the Bihar BEd CET
13. Tourist Place in West Champaran, Bihar Tourist Place in West Champaran, Bihar
VALMIKINAGAR: – Formally known as BHAINSA LOTAN, it is a famous tourist spot where a dam is built on the river Gandak (Gandak Project). This dam and its channels are the lifeline of north-western part of Bihar. This channel also irrigates some portions of eastern U.P. This dam is also generating hydro-electricity. This dam has been handed over to the nation by late Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru the then Prime Minister. F
14. Tourist Place in Araria, Bihar Raniganj Vriksh Vatika
‘Raniganj Vriksh Vatika’ is located 30 km west of Araria District Headquarters of Bihar State. It is situated at a distance of 25 km from the east side of S.H. 77, which is 310 km north-east of Patna and forbesganj four-lane (NH 57) to South Kursela.
This site is the forest land notified by the Bihar government. The ‘Raniganj Vriksh Vatika’ area was formerly known as Hasanpur Balu Dhima. This area spread over 289 acres has been developed a
15. List of constituencies of the Bihar Legislative Assembly Bihar Legislative Assembly came into existence in 1937. The Assembly had a strength of 155 members. According to the provisions of the Constitution of India, the first General Elections in the state were held in 1952. The total strength of membership in the As
16. Tourist Places in Muzaffarpur, Bihar Tourist Places in Muzaffarpur, Bihar
AShok Pillar At Kolhua
Location : Lat. 260 00’ 51” N ; Long. 870 06’ 32” E
District : Muzaffarpur
State : Bihar
Excavation years : 1989-1990, 1992-93, 2010-11
Kolhua is situated about 65 kms north-west of Patna in Muzaffarpur district, where Mauryan emperor Ashoka, ‘the great’ had erected monolithic, polished sandstone pillar, consisting of a
17. Ambika Bhawani, Chhapra Bihar Ambika Bhawani, Chhapra BiharAmbika Bhawani
The place is situated about 37 km east of Chhapra and 4 km west of Dighwara. In Ami, there is an old temple known as Amba asthan. Near the temple there is a garden and a deep and broad well in which water remains all over the year and it never dries up. The believer from far off come to pay oblation in the est
18. Punpun, Patna Bihar Punpun is a village in Patna District in the state of Bihar, India. It is 15 km south of Patna. The name Punpun comes from the river Punpun, a tributary of river Ganga, on whose bank the village has flourished.
It is having religious significance as well as it can be found from garur puraan which reads as :
" Kittessu gaya punya punayam rajgriyaham vanam!
visayascharanaha punyo nadi naayaz punaah pun !!
19. Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali Bihar Ramchaura, Hajipur, Vaishali
Ramchura is situated in Hajipur town in Vaishali district of Bihar. In ancient times Hajipur was known as Ukkacala . The Buddha is known to have taught only one discourse in at this place, the Cula Goplalaka Sutta, which you can find in The Middle Length Discourses. However Hajipur is also of interest because a portion of Ananda's ashes were enshrined in the town.
22. Tourist Place in Vaishali, Bihar - Ashoka Pillar Tourist Place in Vaishali, Bihar - Ashoka Pillar
Emperor Ashoka built The Lion Pillar at Kolhua. It is made of a highly polished single piece of red sandstone, surmounted by a bell shaped capital, 18.3 m high. A life-size figure of a lion is placed on top of the pillar. There is a small tank here known as Ramkund. This pillar beside a brick stupa at Kolhua commemorates Buddha’s last sermon
23. Tourist Places in East Champaran, Bihar Tourist Places in East Champaran, Bihar
Someshwar Shiv Mandir, Areraj
Areraj is a holy city of North Bihar which is 28 Km. south West from Motihari linked with pucca road. The famous Someshwar Nath Mahadev Temple is age old which attracts lakhs of pilgrims from other districts as well as Nepal on the occasion of Shrawani Mela (During July-August). Areraj a village has developed up to town and now it is the Headquarter of Areraj Subdivision.
Also at Areraj l
25. Ugana Mahadev Madhubani, Bihar Ugana Mahadev Madhubani, Bihar
Bhavani is situated in the village, 3 kms from Pandaul railway station. It is said that Lord Shiva became so influenced by the devotion of Vidyapati that he used to live with Vidyapati as a servant. According to the story of Lokmanas, Lord Shiva turned his disguise into a foolish bast and came to the Vidyapati and began to serve. While working here, he became a professor of Vidyapati. Vidyapati went wherever they went and took the gourd with them. Grow too yes w
26 Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh#Faculty & Teaching31 Days Remaining for Apply Faculty Professor Vacancy Recruitment in AIIMS Rishikesh
Online applications on prescribed format are invited by Director, AIIMS, Rishikesh from suitable candidate for filling up 24 Group-A Faculty Sarkari Naukri vacancy posts Professor in various subjects/disciplines on direct recruitment basis in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh (Uttarakhand) (Advertisement No. 2020/105-128).
28 Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM#Jobs11 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Non-Teaching Vacancy in NIFTEM
NIFTEM invites online application in the prescribed format for the recruitment of the following Non-Teaching Sarkari Naukri vacancy in NIFTEM in various disciplines in the office of NIFTEM. This is Government Job in Haryana State. (Advertisement No. N/HR&/H/2020/31)
29 Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC#SSC15 Days Remaining for Apply Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level Examination 2020 by SSC
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will hold an open competitive Computer Based Combined Higher Secondary (10+2) Level (CHSL) Examination 2020 from 12/04/2020 to 17/04/2020 for Recruitment of various Group-C Government Jobs (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy (Tier-I) for various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations in the Government of India.
30 UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020#Uttar Pradesh3 Days Remaining for Apply UP PSC Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020
Online applications on the prescribed format are invited by Uttar Pradesh (UP) Public Service Commission (PSC), Prayagraj for Recruitment of Government Job (Sarkari Naukri) Vacancy posts of Regional Inspector (Technical) (सम्भागीय निरीक्षक (प्राविधिक)) under Regional Inspector (Technical) Examination 2020 for Transport Department of Government of Uttar Pradesh (Advt. No.: A- ...
32 Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020#Bihar14 Days Remaining for Apply Recruitment of Constable Vacancy in Bihar Police Swabhiman Battalion 2020
Central Selection Board of Constable (CSBC) of Bihar Police invites Online application in the prescribed format from Indian nationals for the following 8415 Sarkari Naukri vacancy of Constables (Male/Female) in Constable grade of Bihar Police (BP), Bihar Military Police (BMP), Specialised India Reserve Battalion (SIRB) and Bihar State Industrial Security Battalion (BSISB) in Bihar s ...
37 India Post GDS Recruitment 2020 for Jharkhand North-East Punjab states#Jharkhand11 Days Remaining for Apply Online applications in the prescribed format are invited by Jharkhand, North-East, and Punjab Circles of Indian Postal Department from eligible candidates for the recruitment selection and engagement to the Government Job vacancy posts of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) under Cycle-III/2020-2021 in the posts offices of the respective circles in the states in Jharkhand, North-East and Punjab states. (Advertisement Numbers - GRAMIN DAK SEVAKS CYCLE – III/2020-2021)
39 2000 Probationary Officer Recruitment in SBI#Bank4 Days Remaining for Apply State Bank of India (SBI) invites Online applications in the prescribed format from eligible Indian Citizens for appointment for the recruitment of the following 2000 Sarkari Naukri vacancy position of Probationary Officers (PO) in State Bank of India (SBI) on regular basis for the year 2020-21. (Advertisement no. CRPD/PO/2020-21/12)
SBI, a Fortune 500 company, has an overseas presence t ...