Kayasthas practice family exogamy and caste endogamy preferring to marry only within their sub-castes. The individuals of same Al can not intermarry, while those of same caste and different Als can. Thus an individual from Srivastava subcaste and Pandey Al should not marry another Pandey of the same subcaste but can marry an individual belonging to another al of the same subcaste. Though not required, it is still widely practiced as a tradition.
Kayasthas worship ShreeChitraguptaji and on Bhai-Dooj, they celebrate Kalam-Dawaat Pooja (pen, ink-pot and sword worship), a ritual in which pens, papers and books are worshipped. This is the day when Shree Chitraguptji was created by Lord Bramha and Yamaraj got relieved of His duties and used this leave to visit His sister Devi Yamuna; hence the whole world celebrates Bhaiya dooj on this day and the Kayastha celebrate ShreeChitraguptajayanti, i.e. the ‘Birthday’ of their progenitor.
By worshipping Chitragupta who is their ancestor, kayasthas have the singular distinction of being the only “Ancestor-worshipping” sect of Hinduism.
Unlike most Baniya (Vaishya) or Brahmins, and like Kshatriyas, Kayasthas eat onions, garlic, meats like mutton and chicken, fish and eggs, though a large number are also vegetarians. Meat eating kayasthas do avoid beef as the cow is considered sacred for Hindus.
It is believed though not yet proved that Kayasthas of holy towns like Prayag, Mathura, Varanasi, etc. are purely vegetarians, while in other areas they may be mixed. It is said that Kayasthas started eating meat during the Muslim period when they socially mixed with the Muslims. It is also said that Kayasthas have the best eating sense, because amongst Hindus, Kayasthas add the largest varieties of food to their diet.
Of all the other castes in India, Kayasthas are the easiest to mingle with other castes. They did this when the Muslims came to India, and modern examples of this are Kayasthas outside India where they mingle with other castes more than they mingle among themselves. This cosmopolitan outlook distinguishes members of this caste, and along with the great emphasis on education, is to a large extent responsible for their success in changing times.
I am owner of this website and bharatpages.in . I Love blogging and Enjoy to listening old song.
.... Enjoy this Author Blog/Website visit http://twitter.com/bharatpages
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at email@example.com
1. Kayastha Matrimony - The No. 1 Matrimony Site for Kayasthas KayasthaMatrimony.com is part of CommunityMatrimony which has over 300+ Indian community portals offering online matrimonial services. Register for FREE to find a partner from your own community. Take advantage of our user friendly search features to find a bride or groom who matches your preferences. Join us and begin your happy journey today.
View millions of profiles
2. Kayasthas as in the Puranas According to the Vedic scriptures, the souls of men after death receive rewards and punishments according to their sins and virtues, and hence it is believed that good and bad deeds of men are not destroyed. The souls of men after death go to Yamapuri which is presided over by the deities called Yamas who keep records of men's actions and accordingly give them their dues. The principal Yama is called Yamaraja or Dharamaraja, that is, the ruler of Yamapuri or the King of Laws.
3. Kayastha culture Kayasthas practice family exogamy and caste endogamy preferring to marry only within their sub-castes. The individuals of same Al can not intermarry, while those of same caste and different Als can. Thus an individual from Srivastava subcaste and Pandey Al should not marry another Pandey of the same subcaste but can marry an individual belonging to another al of the same subcaste. Though not required, it is still widely practiced as a tradition.
4. KAYASTHA SURNAMES The Kayastha Community in India is spread thin into various states. The easiest identification is the last (surname) name. However, over the period, many new names have evolved. We attempt, here, to provide an exhaustive list of surnames etc. being used by Kayasthas in various states (we’d like to put on record that the list appearing hereunder may have some missing family names. We will appreciate if the same is brought to the notice of this web-site so as to make the information appearing her
5. SRI CHITRAGUPTA TEMPLE, HUPPUGUDA, HYDERABAD-PARIHARA TEMPLE FOR KETU DOSHA SRI CHITRAGUPTA TEMPLE, HUPPUGUDA, HYDERABAD-PARIHARA TEMPLE FOR KETU DOSHA
Chitragupta (Sanskrit: चित्रगुप्त, 'rich in secrets' or 'hidden picture') is a Hindu god assigned with the task of keeping complete records of actions of human beings on the earth. Upon their death, Chitragupta has the task of deciding heaven or the hell for the humans, depending on their actions on the earth. Chitragupta Maharaj (Chitrag
7. FAMILY OF SHEE CHITRAGUPTA JI Sons from Iravati (Shobhavati):
Sons from Nandini (Dakshina):
8. Origin of Kayasth Origin of Kayasth :- According to the Hindu scriptures known as the Purans & Vedas Kayasth are decended from Chitra gupta Maharaj. There are lots of fact of Kayasthas. There is a lots of story about the kayastha and Kayasth Pariwar in Hindu scriptures.
Let's start from the beginning of the story about the universe and the GOD.
10. Puja Process With Katha of Shri Chitragupt Ji Chitragupta Jayanti Puja Chitraguptaji was born on Yamadwitiya and his birthday is celebrated as Chitraguptajayanti. Puja including yajna is done on this day. The greatness of this yajna is that whoever performs it, is spared the punishments of hell, whatever his records of deeds be! The process of Puja (worship rituals) starts in a similar fashion as other worships of Hindu gods and goddess.
The various steps and observations are detailed be
11. Chitragupta Ji Maharaj Father of Kayastha Family Vedic Origin
The Kayastha trace their genealogy from Adi Purush Shri Chitraguptaji Maharaj. It is said that after Lord Brahma had created the four Varnas (Brahmins, Kshatriyas, Vaishyas and Shudras), Yama snonym Dharamraj requested Lord Brahma to help him record the deeds, good and evil, of men, and administer justice.
Lord Brahma went into meditation for 11000 years and when he opened his eyes he saw a man holding pen and ink-pot in his hands and a sword girdled to
15 IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020#Bank15 Days Remaining for Apply IBPS 9th IX CRP RRB Officer Office-Assistant Recruitment 2020
It has been decided by IBPS to reopen the registration window and invite applications for 9th (IXth) online examination (Preliminary and Main) for Group-A Officers and Multipurpose Office-Assistants (Clerical cadre) Posts in the Participating Organisations in continuation to the detailed advertisement dated 01/07/2020.
16 UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020#UPSC18 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13/2020
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Dholpur House, New Delhi invites Online application on prescribed recruitment form by 12/11/2020 for following Sarkari Naukri Government Jobs vacancy posts especially System Analyst cum Computer Programmer and Foreman etc. in various Central Government Departments/Organisations in the prescribed online format (Advt. No. 13/2020).
UPSC Government Jobs Vacancy Recruitment 13 ...