It doesn't matter if you are a senior or a sophomore in college, managing your money will be among your topmost priorities. Sure, college life isn't all about the bells and whistles, as the vast majority of students are already under pressure from debts and related expenses. Pair that with the fact that education itself is a significant source of stress, and you have a concoction that promotes mismanagement and increases to your troubles. Allocating money towards expenses such as accommodation, food, fees takes a significant amount of know-how and can contribute to your worries too. For that reason, we have collected some of the best ways you can save money in college and not have to struggle in this regard anymore.
Buy only what you need
At this age, it is easy to go over budget and buy things based on impulses alone. Sure, this would be a good thing to do if money wasn't a problem, but if finances are limited, this is just a waste of money. Therefore, an excellent way to regulate your expenses is to only buy items that you need. You need to sort things out based on their necessity and use that to determine your purchases. It really helps to write down a list of items that are essentials, such as groceries and toiletries, and make a separate list for your wants. You want to spend the main portion of your money on these necessities, and add the remaining amount towards your desires.
Look for free goods
Since money needs to be spent judiciously, the ideal scenario would involve acquiring free products. Although that is too much to ask, you should try to scope out opportunities to get free items, such as competition freebies. Being on the lookout for chances to enter yourself in raffle draws, competitions and other events where free things are likely is good too. If you look online, you will find communities that are dedicated to discovering competitions with giveaways and other sweet deals. Likewise, you will find numerous brands looking for people to send their products, to receive their reviews and opinions in return.
Manage your money
Arguably the most solid way to save money is to know where it is going from your pocket. The main mistake many college students make is that they simply keep paying any bills and expenses that come up without paying attention to the amount of money they're paying and the reason why. For this purpose, it is recommended to make an Excel Spreadsheet or something similar, and add any purchases and payments to it promptly. This would allow you to keep an eye on the amount of money being spent and simplify any calculations down the line.
Make a budget and stick to it
If you don't have a budget to follow, it is safe to say that your expenses will be all over the place. Just like how a successful project starts with a proper design plan, your expenses need to follow the same format as well. Budgeting isn't something that just comes naturally, though. If you are confused about how to divide your money and need some assistance, it is an excellent idea to take the help of an older friend or relative. Making a budget allows you to visualize the inflow and outflow of money and understand the potential points where improvements can be made.
Buy quality over quantity
Most students make the rookie mistake of going for cheap goods over quality ones. Sure, your budget may not allow you to get those expensive shoes you saw at the mall yesterday, but that doesn't mean you should make do with low-quality goods. If you break out the math, buying more of a cheap item is considerably more expensive than buying a quality item once and forgetting about it. Quality goods last longer and retain their looks for equal time as well. There is also the factor of comfort, as cheap goods often maintain their price point by sacrificing exactly that.
Use coupons when shopping
Another good way to save cash is to shop smart. In continuation of our previous trick, using the coupons and other discounts when shopping is a viable option for students looking to save money. Many big brand retailers and outlets give out coupons by mail, magazines or even through online sources. In many cases, these coupons are offered as part of a sale or occasion. As such, you need to keep your eyes peeled for any coupons, and plan your shopping around them. Once you have a coupon for every item you wish to purchase, you can simply head on over to the stores and get what you want.
Avoid buying single-use items
A significant way to save money is to reuse items instead of purchasing new ones. Not only will you do nature a big favour, but you would also save a significant amount of cash in the process as well. For instance, instead of buying a bottle of water to quench your thirst, you can take a refillable one and fill it up at a hydrant. A sturdy water bottle should last you a couple of months at least, and if you go for one with a metal body, it can easily be used for a year or more.
Don’t rely on credit cards
If you are earning some money on the side in college, it might be enticing to go for that low-interest credit cards and use that as the primary vehicle for your purchases. Although the offers and promotions for those cards state them as the perfect solution for students, the reality is that most students are already under some amount of debt. Add in the credit card fees and interest, and you will see your wallet dwindle. Now, you may require a credit card if you want to make some online purchases, but that can be solved by using a dedicated internet purchase card that is effectively a debit card.
Know the markets
People tend to lose money as they often shop at inopportune times. Buying items as soon as a sale has ended will simply cause you to spend more money on something that was just available for cheap. This is also the case with online purchases, as timing your purchases with promotional periods is essential to save money. For instance, if you look online for an assignment service, you will notice that they have certain offers that make them a better deal than the others. For this purpose, you need to find a service that offers you the best value for the money, preferably with positive reviews.
Use campus facilities and perks
Many colleges and universities have benefits in place for their students, which they might not be aware of. Depending on the college you go to, you might be eligible for a student discount at bookstores and some brands, as well as software solutions. As an example, it is possible to acquire a free copy of Microsoft Office in most colleges by merely using your university login credentials. To see if you are eligible, you can visit the official website and enter your school email address to find out.
if you have any information regarding Job, Study Material or any other information related to career. you can Post your article on our website. Click here to Register & Share your contents.
For Advertisment or any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Overseas Scholarships for SCS, OBCS, EBCS and Weaker Sections Government of India has been implementing following two schemes for Overseas studies:
1. National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. candidates under which financial assistance is provided to the selected students from Scheduled Castes, Denotified Nomadics & Semi - Nomadic Tribes, Landless agricultural labourers and traditional artisans categories for pursuing higher studies at Masters level courses and Ph.D. abroad. Hundred awards, subject to availability of funds, per year are available und
2. Stipend to Apprenticeship The minimum rate of stipend payable to all categories of apprentices including trade apprentices have been revised and notified in Extra Ordinary Gazette of India dated 25th September, 2019. The minimum stipend is based on educational and technical qualification requirement, prescribed in curricula of respective trades. The Apprenticeship Rule, 1992 as amended upto September 2019 prescribes that during the 2nd year of apprenticeship training, there shall be an increase of 10 per cent in the prescribed mi
4. ATSE 2020 is the national level talent search cum scholarship exam for students from class 5th to 12th ATSE 2020
Scholarships worth 15 Lac
India's first center-less exam!
ATSE 2020 is the national level talent search cum scholarship exam for students from class 5th to 12th. The goal of this exam is to identify hidden talent in the nation, motivate, and financially support them. It is a unique exam because students can take it from anywhere. ATSE is India’s first Artificial Intelligence (AI) based exam which allows students to sit at home and take the exam at their conve
6. Maharashtra Scholarship Result 2020: MSCE releases Interim Result for 5th, 8th on puppss.mscescholarship.in Maharashtra State Council of Examination, MSCE has announced the interim results for the Maharashtra Scholarship Examinations 2020. The MSCE Maharashtra Scholarship Examination for Pre-Upper Primary – Class 5 and Pre Secondary - Class 8 has been released on the official website puppss.mscescholashipexam.in. Direct link and steps to check are provided below.
The Pre Upper Primary Scholarship Exam or PUP and Pre Secondary Scholarship Exam or PSS were conducted in February 2020. The answer k
8. Actor Sonu Sood Announces Scholarships For Less-Privileged Students Actor Sonu Sood Announces Scholarships For Less-Privileged Students
Actor Sonu Sood announced full scholarships to less-privileged students for higher education after her late mother’s name on Saturday.
Sonu posted a photo of himself on Instagram, pledging support to complete college education of students. He wrote, &ldqu
11. CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME NATIONAL MEANS-CUM-MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME NATIONAL MEANS-CUM-MERIT SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
1.0 The Scheme:
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources. Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of concerned age group of class VII an
12. 10 Money Saving Tricks for Students It doesn't matter if you are a senior or a sophomore in college, managing your money will be among your topmost priorities. Sure, college life isn't all about the bells and whistles, as the vast majority of students are already under pressure from debts and related expenses. Pair that with the fact that education itself is a significant source of stress, and you have a concoction that promotes mismanagement and increases to your troubles. Allocating money towards expenses such as accommodation, f
15. National Fellowship (NF) for OBC Students National Fellowship (NF) for OBC Students
The scheme aims at providing financial assistance to the OBC students in obtaining quality higher education leading to degrees such as M.Phil and Ph.D in universities, research institutions and scientific institutions.
The scheme is designed to provide a total number of 300 Junior Research Fellowships per year from the year 2014-15 onwards and 300 Senior Research Fellowships during 2016-17 to Other Backward Class (OBC) stude
16. अल्पसंख्यक छात्रवृत्ति योजना अल्पसंख्यक छात्रवृत्ति योजना के अंतर्गत सरकार द्वारा 11 जून 2019 को फैसला लिया गया कि देश के अल्पसंख्यक समुदाय के 5 करोड़ छात्र तथा छात्राओं को अच्छी, गुणवत्ता शिक्षा प्राप्त करने के लिए अगले
17. National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students
National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students
Government of India had launched a Central Sector scheme namely, National Fellowship during the financial year 2005-06 to increase opportunities to Scheduled Castes students for pursuing higher education leading to degrees such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. The scheme has been revised with effect from 1.4.2010.
18. Education Loan Scheme of the NBCFDC Education Loan Scheme of the NBCFDC
NBCFDC provides Educational Loans to the students of Backward Classes living below double the poverty line for pursuing general/ professional/technical courses or trainings at graduate and/or higher levels. Maximum loan limit in India is Rs.10 lakh and abroad is Rs.20 Lakh. The rate of interest is 4% p.a. and girl students will get at special concessional rate of interest @ 3.5% p.a.
NBCFDC loan : 90% for study in India and 85% for study abroad.
19. CENTRAL SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME OF TOP CLASS EDUCATION FOR SC STUDENTS CENTRAL SECTOR SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME OF TOP CLASS EDUCATION FOR SC STUDENTS
(Effective from September, 2018)
The Finance Minister in his budget speech on the Union Budget 2005-06 made the following announcements –
“The key to empowering the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes is to provide top class education opportunities to meritorious students. The three on-going scholarship schemes for
20. Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC for studies in India Pre-Matric Scholarship to OBC for studies in India
This is a centrally sponsored scheme. The expenditure is shared between centre and state in 50:50 ratio. The aim of this Scheme is to motivate children of OBCs studying at pre-matric stage. The income ceiling for eligibility is Rs. 2,50,000/- per annum. The scheme has been revised w.e.f. 2017-18.
The rates under the scheme are as follows:
Class I to
21. Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs Dr. Ambedkar Pre-Matric and Post-Matric Scholarship for DNTs
This is a centrally sponsored scheme launched w.e.f 2014-15 for the welfare of those DNT students who are not covered under SC, ST or OBC. The income ceiling for eligibility is Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum. This scheme is implemented through State Governments/UT Administrations. The expenditure is shared between Centre and State in 75:25 ratio. The rates under the scheme are as follows:-
22. National level Scholarships and Awards for students This is an attempt to fill in this information gap and provide the information on various National & State level Scholarships and Awards for students by the Government of India through its Ministries, Departments and autonomous institutions. This information is useful for the students who are pursuing their school level (class 1 to 12) education.
Scholarship is a boon for students, belonging to the weaker sections of the society, who are unable to further their education for some reason or
23. SOF Scholarship of Excellence In English (SOF SEE) - 2019-20 SOF Scholarship of Excellence In English (SOF SEE) - 2019-20
Science Olympiad Foundation and the British Council are pleased to announce launch of SOF Scholarship of Excellence in English (SEE) 2019-20.
This scholarship is an endeavor by Science Olympiad Foundation and the British Council to recognize and reward Excellence in English language among school students in India.
Please click the links below for details of the scheme and fo
24. Post-Matric Scholarship to the EBC Students Post-Matric Scholarship to the EBC Students
This is a 100 % centrally sponsored scheme being implemented through the State Government and Union Territories. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the EBC students studying at post-matriculation or post-secondary stage. The income ceiling of parents/guardians for eligibility is Rs.1.00 lakh per annum (including self income, if employed).
25. APPLY ONLINE FOR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS-BIHAR APPLY ONLINE FOR POST MATRIC SCHOLARSHIP (PMS) FOR ST STUDENTS-BIHAR
You can apply this scholorship from National Scholorship Portal https://scholarships.gov.in/
You can register [Fresh] or can Login [Renewal or Already registered]
National Scholarships Portal is one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, s
26 UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021#UPSC11 Days Remaining for Apply UPSC Geo-Scientist Geologist Recruitment Examination 2021
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC), Shahjahan Road, Dholpur House, New Delhi – 110069 will hold a Combined Geo-Scientist (Preliminary) Examination, 2021 (Computer Based Test) on 21/02/2021 for selection to Combined Geo-Scientist (Main) Examination, 2021 for recruitment to following 40 Govt. Job Sarkari Naukri Vacancy posts of Geophysicist, Chemist, and Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) in Geologica ...